Quantcast
F355 Dyno - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: F355 Dyno

My Ride
    You Crazy

Again, clueless.. Wow. And that's why having proper tools for the job is important.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by Toma
    Again, clueless.. Wow. And that's why having proper tools for the job is important.
    Even more important is having someone you trust to use them properly. A successful business is based upon trust. Trust isn't built by making up lies, listening to improper information or swearing and calling people names. That's something that even children should learn. But apparently not all of them do.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Why so worried about me?

I do just fine.

And I would have no problem replacing an engine if it was my fault. Tuned someshere over 6000. Probably less than 25 failures. 2 for sure my fault. 3 iffy (judgement calls).... The rest just parts not up to the task of doubling or tripling HP Lol.

There are also engine shops in the city that will tell you to bring your car to me for tune and break in for a guaranteed no hassle warranty. How's that for Trust?

Not bad for my side job eh? Lol

My Ride

Not worried about you at all. Actually could care less about you then you think. I just wish you didn't foul my thread with all the filth and lies that you did. Reminded me of the way one would expect a 5th grader to react. You are definitely not someone I would take too seriously. As for your history, same could probably be said about RCTS or Davenport or any other shop in town. However, did you notice that not one of them felt the need to blow up this thread like you did? Even the other shop that did post did so respectfully and with maturity.

The fact you are so worried about Dynojet's that you felt the need to impose yourself on this thread is funny. Go ahead and start your own thread if you want to discuss Dynojet vs DD or MD. I promise to ignore it and you completely. All I ask is that you leave this thread alone. That way we can get back to the topic at hand which was the F355.

My Ride
    Ferrari

Curious what a 5.2 car would do, Erik. I'm looking at the possibly of picking one up here soon. Maybe we can throw it on the same dyno.

I do believe it is an over estimate though. 360's dyno around 330 pretty consistent and they are 400 rated horsepower. I always wondered if the gearbox somehow effected that with the flywheel position.
    Life is too short to drive boring cars.

My Ride

Originally posted by Alak
    Curious what a 5.2 car would do, Erik. I'm looking at the possibly of picking one up here soon. Maybe we can throw it on the same dyno.

I do believe it is an over estimate though. 360's dyno around 330 pretty consistent and they are 400 rated horsepower. I always wondered if the gearbox somehow effected that with the flywheel position.
    Supposedly the 5.2 makes slightly less due to emissions concerns. However, I think the biggest reason for liking the earlier ECU is it's easier to make changes without getting check engine lights. I think an all 355 dyno day would be fun. Let me know if you end up getting one.

My Ride
    Ferrari

Yeah the earlier cars are definately easier to play with. Any plans? I saw that 348 Challenge Turbo on youtube and immediately thought of you haha. I'm on the fence between a 360 or 355.

My Ride

Yeah the earlier cars are definately easier to play with. Any plans? I saw that 348 Challenge Turbo on youtube and immediately thought of you haha. I'm on the fence between a 360 or 355.
    You are in pretty much the same scenario I was. I was looking at a 512TR, 355 Challenge or 360 CS. At that time the F430 was not an option as they were too expensive - especially for something like a Scud. I really wanted the 360 CS but it was at the far end of my budget. The 512TR and 355 Challenge were about the same price and there was a really nice 512TR for sale locally that I almost pulled the trigger on. After talking to some guys here about them the F355 Challenge seemed to suit me better. Some day I would still like to own a 12 cylinder Ferrari and a special edition car like the 360CS or Scud.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

If anyone here is interested - I have an extremely well kept 1999 355 F1 Spyder for sale, PM me for details/with questions.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Ferrari

The 360 CS is the one that I want more than anything. So my thoughts are should I buy a 355 or 360 modena? Would I be missing out if I bought a 360 instead of a 355? I miss my miata and vert rx7 and you can't beat the lines on the 355. I'm gravitating more towards a 355 spider perhaps with an F1 box. Adamc I believe I know your car and I've had my eye on it for awhile if it's the one I'm thinking of. The V8 cars suit me more but I would love a 550.

Alak,

From what I understand the 360's are easier to maintain as they don't require the engine to be removed to change the timing belts. Dont' quote me, but it may be cheaper to maintain in the long run. However, with Ferrari's you can expect to pay to keep them in good condition.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride

The 360 CS is the one that I want more than anything. So my thoughts are should I buy a 355 or 360 modena? Would I be missing out if I bought a 360 instead of a 355? I miss my miata and vert rx7 and you can't beat the lines on the 355. I'm gravitating more towards a 355 spider perhaps with an F1 box. Adamc I believe I know your car and I've had my eye on it for awhile if it's the one I'm thinking of. The V8 cars suit me more but I would love a 550.
    My personal opinion is if you want an F1 or Spyder you should get the 360. The top on the 355 is a little harder to put up/down and the F1 is the first generation and I don't know how long the F1 pump lasts - very expensive to replace. If you want an open air experience get the 355 GTS with a manual transmission. Those seem to be more desirable. However, if you listen to Jeremy Clarkson he seemed to think the GTB was better.

The other benefit of the 360 is the belts can be changed in car - no engine out. Ferrari put an access panel in the firewall to make this happen. On the F355 an engine out is a must to replace your belts. Some have said the difference between the F355 and F360 is that the 355 is the last of the old school cars - bare bones, no traction control, etc. If you like an old school 911 over the new ones the 355 is for you. If you prefer the newer 911's get the 360.
    Last edited by soloracer; 09-02-2014 at 03:03 PM.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Well if you wanna ever get rid of that F355, lemme know. I'd be happy to take it away from you haha.

My Ride
    Ferrari

Yeah they both have their pros and cons. The F1 box is much better in the newer cars although I've never experienced F1 in the 355 before. The trouble I have is the spiders are a good bargain as there is so many. GTB and GTS cars are nearly 360 money. I'm not too concerned about the maitenance aspect as I'd do it all myself. The 16k cost of the F1 pump in the 355 can be substituted for a conversion to a 360 pump setup. Which is not expensive at all (in comparison). The way I look at it is the 360 is sort of the more refined easier car to maitenance. The 355 is like my FC. An engine, noise and smiles for miles that can end at any moment in catastrophic failure.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I like the fact that the engine has to come out of the 355, allows easy replacement of all other seals, belts etc.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Ferrari

It's actually a pretty easy process I've helped with it before. It seems rediculous but it is a 'race car'. Clutches are really the easiest thing to do haha.

If you are going to buy a F355, try to find a manual. The F1 was in its first gen and it feels pretty slow. Reliability of the F1 pump was an issue but it has been solved. So you don't have to worry about that anymore. Plus there is nothing like the click-click sound you get from a perfect shift through the metal gate. The 3 pedal setup in a F355 is perfect. That never gets old.

If you must buy a F1, the earliest V8 I would consider for a long term hold is a Challenge Stradale. It is very good and they tweaked it to be perfect in the F430 so it doesn't annoy you when you get used to newer versions of the F1 transmission. I'm not saying the 360 F1 is bad, but the CS way closer to a 430. Much smoother.

The Superfast versions in the Scud and 599 GTO are so good I wonder why they switched to a dual clutch. They've got the right blend of smoothness with a firm kick to your back during shifts that is lost in the 458's dual clutch.

The 355 is like my FC. An engine, noise and smiles for miles that can end at any moment in catastrophic failure.
    I, and about 20 other F355 owners I know in AB would disagree with you. There are the internet horror stories but look at the statistical evidence of serious engine failures and in my circle of friends there have been none in the last 10 yrs.

My Ride
    Ferrari

Originally posted by 483hp

I, and about 20 other F355 owners I know in AB would disagree with you. There are the internet horror stories but look at the statistical evidence of serious engine failures and in my circle of friends there have been none in the last 10 yrs.
    I've actually never heard of an engine failure not directly related to poor maintenance. Internet has a way of blowing situations way out of proportion. I have no hesitations about the reliability of the car, or any F-Car for that matter. The comment was more of a poke at humor surrounding the rumors of reliability of these cars

360 CS is a little out of the budget at the moment. I feel since I'm going to own this car anyways, it would be an idea to purchase a 355 for starters. 360 market looks good for buyers right now though.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

If you buy a 355 you may never buy a 360.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast