Quantcast
iPhone 6 - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6

Originally posted by blairtruck

works for us as both sets up grandparents have iphones and ipads. facetime is very old person friendly. never used skype.
    Yeah my grandfather upgraded to an S5 and my grandmother got an iPhone, she learned how to use the iPhone quite fast lol

Originally posted by trieu
    Does anyone else's 6 charge slow? It seems noticeably slower than previous generations. I've charged it twice from 1% and noticed its taking 1.5+ hours for a full charge.
    I know my 5 was slow to charge if I was using a cheap cable, by cheap (quality) I mean one not endorsed by Apple and not the price. I bought another cable from the Apple store, a non Apple brand and slow charge is a thing of the past.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by BensonTT
    For iPhone 6 Plus users.. LoL

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-extender.html
    The note 3 has a feature that will shrink the screen size to make it easier to use with one hand if you need it

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

how are you guys reserving? I'm up every 2hrs between 2-7 trying to get a phone.
    Originally posted by theken
    Off duty cop means not a cop. At that time he is a normal person.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yes. Just like a ninja in street clothes isn't a ninja.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Originally posted by DeleriousZ

The note 3 has a feature that will shrink the screen size to make it easier to use with one hand if you need it
    Yup so does the iphone 6

Originally posted by snowcat

Yup so does the iphone 6
    All you need to do is put it in your pocket, have a seat, and it will curve it to better suit 1 handed use.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

/trolling
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I love how Android owners feel a need to troll the iPhone thread, to make them feel better about their inferior (ok, it's on par now with iOS bugs) products.

On the bright side, all phones with metal cases bend if u have a fat ass. At least the screen still works on the iPhone. Samsung? This happens when it bends.

More bendy madness. Everyone's guilty, but it's Apple's fault.

http://www.cultofmac.com/297404/get-...t-smartphones/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by rage2
    I love how Android owners feel a need to troll the iPhone thread, to make them feel better about their inferior (ok, it's on par now with iOS bugs) products.

On the bright side, all phones with metal cases bend if u have a fat ass. At least the screen still works on the iPhone. Samsung? This happens when it bends.

More bendy madness. Everyone's guilty, but it's Apple's fault.
    At least if my N5 bends, or breaks, or snaps in half, Google cares. And otherwise, I can buy a new one and still have more money left over than if I got an iPhone 6

My understanding is the iPhones are bending a lot in people's *front* pockets, even in dress pants (which are presumably not nearly as bad as tight jeans).

If you fully sit on any phone, especially on a hard surface (i.e. bench), I wouldn't be surprised if it bends.

Also as said above, if you break you android flagship it only costs you $350 instead of $1000 .

EDIT: got mixed up, I think Apple is replacing SOME bent phones, so I guess that's good, but it still kind of sucks that you have this brand new phone that you can't even keep in your front pocket without fear of ruining it and being on the hook for $800-1000.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-25-2014 at 02:16 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

No, I am not trolling to make myself feel better. Technically, I don't own a phone.

I just like making fun of the cult following apple has.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

http://www.cultofmac.com/297404/get-...t-smartphones/
    Not all phones bend, at least not as much as the iphone. Not bashing here, just informing... so relax. It has to do with an all aluminum chassis vs a magnesium one.

Watch this video its pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QcOSyD38M

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

EDIT: got mixed up, I think Apple is replacing SOME bent phones, so I guess that's good, but it still kind of sucks that you have this brand new phone that you can't even keep in your front pocket without fear of ruining it and being on the hook for $800-1000.
    You aren't paying full price for a replacement.

I think it is $279 (6) and $329 (6+) for replacements that are not covered under warranty.

I do agree with rage2 (surprise surprise) that it always seems to be that iPhone threads are fully of Android haters, but you don't really see the iPhone owners in Android threads hating on Samsung, etc.

The truth is that most apple users / fanboys don't care what android does. It seem Android users / fanboys really care about what Apple does. Interesting, no?

Originally posted by benyl

You aren't paying full price for a replacement.

I think it is $279 (6) and $329 (6+) for replacements that are not covered under warranty.

I do agree with rage2 (surprise surprise) that it always seems to be that iPhone threads are fully of Android haters, but you don't really see the iPhone owners in Android threads hating on Samsung, etc.

The truth is that most apple users / fanboys don't care what android does. It seem Android users / fanboys really care about what Apple does. Interesting, no?
    That's not as bad then, if they subsidize the new phone a bit. Any help would be welcome after ruining your brand new phone!

From what I read, they do a "visual mechanical" test to see if you're eligible for a free replacement of a bent phone, whatever that means haha - I'm guessing it's just up to the Genius.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Actually I think it was proven that Android was more stable than iOS when it comes to crashing and bugs.

Oh..

Regardless of the fanboy stuff metal is so goddamn overrated.. imo
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 09-25-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Kind of painful to watch but here is another bendy video comparing a bunch of phones haha:

If you put any phone in you back pocket and sit on it, you're retarded. The issue I have is that the ease at which some phones bend makes them not even suitable for front pocket use, which is where I have put my phone for the last 10 years when I am walking around. Even if I'm paying attention, one day I am going to accidentally sit down with it in there, and I don't want it to wreck my phone when I do.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by benyl

Every time I see an apple person argue with an Android user the end result is "it's just better" without addressing any of the negatives or any specific points being brought up. Seen this trend on a few other forums. I think Kavy put it best with "I like apples eco system as well but there comes a time when us apple owners need to realize calling something a gimmick until apple releases it years later as a feature makes us all look bad. This happened with screen size, widgets, multitasking, notifications and NFC just to name a few. "

I think this is what drives Android uses to bash Apple, the whole "Apple can do no wrong" attitude and it doesn't matter what anyone else does until Apple does it. I mentioned it earlier in here about the whole Phablet concept and how everyone used to make fun of the big screen Androids, yet now that Apple released a big phone, it's totally cool thing to do.

Either way, that's my view on the subject.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Kind of painful to watch but here is another bendy video comparing a bunch of phones haha:

If you put any phone in you back pocket and sit on it, you're retarded. The issue I have is that the ease at which some phones bend makes them not even suitable for front pocket use, which is where I have put my phone for the last 10 years when I am walking around. Even if I'm paying attention, one day I am going to accidentally sit down with it in there, and I don't want it to wreck my phone when I do.
    MKBHD explained it pretty good. The 6+ bends easy cause its made completely of soft aluminum. Other phones, even though they may be plastic on the outside have magnesium frames that are very strong. Although even those can bend with enough force obviously.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 LastLast