Quantcast
Driving while stoned. What would you do? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving while stoned. What would you do?

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by speedog

Assuming what you've been smoking is marijuana, then I would dare say there's something amiss with your employer's tests. Of course there are variables at play here that could affect your employer's tests but it does seem incredulous that you can smoke everyday and not have it show up on a drug test.
    yes only weed. i haven't had the luck of getting the laced marijuana yet. maybe someday it will happen lol
    scheduled drug test with date known in advance are easy to pass. random drug test i would have been screwed. cause i smoke weed when i get home to relax like taking a drink.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Originally posted by blairtruck
    yes only weed. i haven't had the luck of getting the laced marijuana yet. maybe someday it will happen lol
    scheduled drug test with date known in advance are easy to pass. random drug test i would have been screwed. cause i smoke weed when i get home to relax like taking a drink.
    Okay, now something doesn't make sense. If you've been smoking every day for the past 15 years, then how is it that you passed a scheduled drug test - my understanding is people that have known upcoming scheduled drug tests lay off of marijuana and other drugs for enough time to hopefully pass the test but you're saying you smoke daily and still passed the scheduled test?

Originally posted by speedog

Okay, now something doesn't make sense. If you've been smoking every day for the past 15 years, then how is it that you passed a scheduled drug test - my understanding is people that have known upcoming scheduled drug tests lay off of marijuana and other drugs for enough time to hopefully pass the test but you're saying you smoke daily and still passed the scheduled test?
    Scheduled .... He had to give at least 3 days no smoking ...Usually you get a week or two to get most of the thc out of your system .. For instance MOST tests for cannabis are 50ppm and depending on your body type you can pass it with a 3-7 days no smoking and being active. 20 ppm texts are very hard to read if they're piss test so most company's don't bother unless it's a blood or hair follicle test. 20 ppm test will ruin your life because those will show thc for 14-30 days ! But again because they're hard to read and sometimes are incorrect so most testing companies just use 50 ppm test strips because the lines are more legible.

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by egmilano

Scheduled .... He had to give at least 3 days no smoking ...Usually you get a week or two to get most of the thc out of your system .. For instance MOST tests for cannabis are 50ppm and depending on your body type you can pass it with a 3-7 days no smoking and being active. 20 ppm texts are very hard to read if they're piss test so most company's don't bother unless it's a blood or hair follicle test. 20 ppm test will ruin your life because those will show thc for 14-30 days ! But again because they're hard to read and sometimes are incorrect so most testing companies just use 50 ppm test strips because the lines are more legible.
    smoked on the drive to the test as a passenger. probably smelled like weed in the air to the tester but came back drug free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DnGl-6t1qE\

i did not go hardcore like this ^^^
    only person who can actually watch you pee in a cup is a parole officer. thats when you need the fake weiner.
    Last edited by blairtruck; 09-01-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Street Tune

Originally posted by RY213

Your initial reaction was to snitch, that says everything I need to know about your character.
    Snitches need stitches.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

I'm not sure how people who have never smoked or even smoke on the regular can even comment on impairment.

Pretty sure i passed my driving test high.
    Last edited by Ca_Silvia13; 09-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Originally posted by egmilano

If you're a daily smoker it takes considerably longer to get fully out of your system. Closer to 30-45 days for a piss test. Hair test can prove it in your system much longer.

Crazy amount of misinformation in this thread.....

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Mista Bob
    They are two completely different drugs, marijuana has a very minimal effect on your motor skills.
    Where as alcohol has a major effect on your motor skills, judgement and add in extra confidence to make the problem even worse.
    Your info. here is just as anecdotal as mine, which is completely opposite your opinion.

For example, I can have 2-4 beer and still play hockey just fine. I don't like to, but on occassion I will and I'm no less a player than before with the exception of quicker fatigue.

Now if I were to have a bit of weed, it's game over. I can no longer skate as effectively and cannot pass/make plays to save my life. One/two seconds changes everything and I'm slowed right down with weed, physically and mentally. I just admit it.

And driving? Yes, I can drive 100% acceptably after the same 2-4 beer. I've driven high a very few times and that was enough, too hard to focus, too slow (which is more dangerous than too fast imo), just plain unsafe.

Yes it's likely got a lot to do with being very familiar with alcohol and very casual with weed (once/twice a month would be typical), tolerance and familiarity will play a factor. And sure, it's just MY experience. But I can bet I'm not the only one.

Traffic laws and marijuana are going to be a long and awkward courtship. Just like there are many people I know who I trust to drive after a couple of drinks, there are many people I trust to drive after a couple hoots. And with both areas, there are many more people who I just don't. Not even one.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 09-02-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Your info. here is just as anecdotal as mine, which is completely opposite your opinion.

For example, I can have 2-4 beer and still play hockey just fine. I don't like to, but on occassion I will and I'm no less a player than before with the exception of quicker fatigue.

Now if I were to have a bit of weed, it's game over. I can no longer skate as effectively and cannot pass/make plays to save my life. One/two seconds changes everything and I'm slowed right down with weed, physically and mentally. I just admit it.

And driving? Yes, I can drive 100% acceptably after the same 2-4 beer. I've driven high a very few times and that was enough, too hard to focus, too slow (which is more dangerous than too fast imo), just plain unsafe.

Yes it's likely got a lot to do with being very familiar with alcohol and very casual with weed (once/twice a month would be typical), tolerance and familiarity will play a factor. And sure, it's just MY experience. But I can bet I'm not the only one.

Traffic laws and marijuana are going to be a long and awkward courtship.
    it again comes back to habitual vs recreational... i know guys that do WAY better at some sports while high vs not, i also bet that you are mixing weed with booze, which is a completely different animal

My Ride

Originally posted by ercchry
    it again comes back to habitual vs recreational... i know guys that do WAY better at some sports while high vs not, i also bet that you are mixing weed with booze, which is a completely different animal
    Well that's basically what I'm saying, tolerance plays a huge factor. As legalization continues to creep forward and laws continue to relax, you'll see more recreational exposure and that IS where the main problems will arise. It's no different than a occassional drinker not being able to handle their liquor, impairment is exponential to input.

And no, weed and booze don't mix for me (unless I'm sitting at home/someone's house but not when sport is on the table). It's a valid point you raise though because for many it most certainly does and that changes the game again, you're right.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 09-02-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Ford

And no, weed and booze don't mix for me (unless I'm sitting at home/someone's house but not when sport is on the table). It's a valid point you raise though because for many it most certainly does and that changes the game again, you're right.
    weed before beer- your in the clear
    beer before hoots - puke on your boots
    Street Tune

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by A790

I agree with your point (legalize, regulate, study, etc.), but I'm calling out your bullshit re: "laced" weed. You never bought laced weed. Nobody ever sold laced weed. You're full of shit.

Many people, like you, who are ALSO full of shit claim to have had experience with laced weed. Yet, every single weed smoker I know (and I know quite a few) has never seemed to be able to find the stuff. Online communities full of thousands of smokers also seem to be unable to find weed laced with anything. It's the unicorn of the uneducated, but don't feel bad because you're among thousands who believe the same bullshit. That still doesn't make it right, by the way.

It's pretty clear by my posts in this thread (and others) that I'm not a fan of a freshly-toked driver. However, like anything else, I believe the subject needs to be approached with facts and reason- not made up stories about pot laced with acid and how scary it is.
    nuh, uh... everything Hollywood says is true!!

You seemed to have ignored a major point which was a mere couple lines below the snippet you quoted....

The problem is everyone looks at it like it's similar to alcohol in how it works, when that isn't even close.
    How marijuana affects an individual is much more complex than just "smoked a joint" and you aren't going to understand why without experience.
    And no, casual experience doesn't count. If you are only casually smoking once every few days, week or longer, you're basically going to perpetually be at zero tolerance every time you smoke.

You keep on bringing up the 2-4 beer comparison, but that same kind of simple, easy to understand, method of measurement doesn't work with marijuana at all.
    Because the effect it has on you is vastly more complex than "2-4 bowls/hits/joints" etc or however you want to rate it.

There are so many factors involved, like general tolerance level (daily/weekly/monthly kind of smoker? etc).
    How much you have smoked previously in that day?
    Type of weed? Sativa vs indica, how they affect you are very different. Then it only gets more complicated once you go between differences of every strain out there.
    And all this barely scratches the surface on how much more complex it is vs alcohol.

Well that's basically what I'm saying, tolerance plays a huge factor. As legalization continues to creep forward and laws continue to relax, you'll see more recreational exposure and that IS where the main problems will arise.
    More recreational exposure? Just what do you think people are going to dealers for? Basically anyone who wants to smoke it recreationally is already doing so, no matter their age.
    Everyone doesn't all of a sudden turn into stoners when it is legalized, sure there is a rise in the beginning but once the initial novelty wears off usage rates decline.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by RY213
    Your initial reaction was to snitch, that says everything I need to know about your character.
    LOL.. wow.. you *are* a total douchebag. Let me guess, that was you? Take notes guys.. social responsibility apparently is a bad thing. See a girl getting raped? RY213 would prefer if you not interfere. Child molester abducts a kid in front of you? Not your problem according to RY213. See a drunk jump into a truck and proceed to run over someone in a crosswalk? RY213's opinion is that you shouldn't snitch. As far as he's concerned, it's none of your business.

Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. - John Stuart Mill

You think you're capable of judging my character? I doubt it. It's pretty tough to judge something which you apparently lack. Ask anyone that's met me in person, and you'll find out what my character is made of.
    Last edited by codetrap; 09-02-2014 at 07:46 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by codetrap
    LOL.. wow.. you *are* a total douchebag. Let me guess, that was you? Take notes guys.. social responsibility apparently is a bad thing. See a girl getting raped? RY213 would prefer if you not interfere. Child molester abducts a kid in front of you? Not your problem according to RY213. See a drunk jump into a truck and proceed to run over someone in a crosswalk? RY213's opinion is that you shouldn't snitch. As far as he's concerned, it's none of your business.

Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. - John Stuart Mill

You think you're capable of judging my character? I doubt it. It's pretty tough to judge something which you apparently lack. Ask anyone that's met me in person, and you'll find out what my character is made of.
    LOL keep patrolling the neighbourhood Dudley do right...
    Last edited by RY213; 09-02-2014 at 11:00 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I think I'd call it in. People shouldn't drive under the influence of anything that alters their mental state. Regardless of how badly, and I know it's different from person to person, tolerance levels, etc. Alcohol, marijuana, Cocaine, sleeping pills, doesnt matter.

I think it should be legalized, but not behind the wheel.
    Last edited by btimbit; 09-02-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-12-2020 at 09:50 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

There are so many factors involved, like general tolerance level (daily/weekly/monthly kind of smoker? etc).
    Type of weed? Sativa vs indica, how they affect you are very different. Then it only gets more complicated once you go between differences of every strain out there.
    And all this barely scratches the surface on how much more complex it is vs alcohol.
    So how would you translate this into applying it to safe driving? A lot of communities are restricting the sale/use of ecigs to varying degrees because they simply don't know the health effects and are implementing restrictions "just to be safe". Given the varied and seemingly immeasurable possibilities with pot is it not prudent to simply make it illegal to use while driving?

While I have been, rightly, slagged for my laced comments (only dealers i've known were in high school, told me it happens, went based on that, my bad) I think that based on your comment the various strains etc makes a DUI baseline on an uncontrolled substance in an unregulated market impossible.

If thats the case where is there an argument to allow a couple of tokes before driving?

My Ride

You seemed to have ignored a major point which was a mere couple lines below the snippet you quoted....

And no, casual experience doesn't count. If you are only casually smoking once every few days, week or longer, you're basically going to perpetually be at zero tolerance every time you smoke.

You keep on bringing up the 2-4 beer comparison, but that same kind of simple, easy to understand, method of measurement doesn't work with marijuana at all.
    Because the effect it has on you is vastly more complex than "2-4 bowls/hits/joints" etc or however you want to rate it.

More recreational exposure? Just what do you think people are going to dealers for? Basically anyone who wants to smoke it recreationally is already doing so, no matter their age.
    Everyone doesn't all of a sudden turn into stoners when it is legalized, sure there is a rise in the beginning but once the initial novelty wears off usage rates decline.
    I didn't ignore anything.

And yes, you WILL get more recreational use when legalization hits or laws are more relaxed. You said it yourself. When penalties for doing something disappear, more people do it. Not really sure how you can or, why you would, argue that. How long it lasts is subjective and immaterial.

Everything you said confirms that you shouldn't be allowed to drive and smoke weed so I'm not sure how you're arguing that either.....or are the weed police just going to make sure you're a seasoned smoker with a high tolerance (and therefore an acceptable "risk" level to others) and give you a hall pass? Which brings us back to the question of how they can effectively gauge level of impairment which, as you have reiterated, is far too complex due to so many different factors.

I dunno man, maybe you should lay off the weed......
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 09-03-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by btimbit
    I think I'd call it in. People shouldn't drive under the influence of anything that alters their mental state. Regardless of how badly, and I know it's different from person to person, tolerance levels, etc. Alcohol, marijuana, Cocaine, sleeping pills, doesnt matter.

I think it should be legalized, but not behind the wheel.
    So if you saw someone take a pill you would call it in?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast