Quantcast
Official 2014-2015 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014-2015 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Why? Cuz they don't wear touques in summertime and don't hang goggles off the rearview?
    Because most of them are rude and park/drive like assholes out there. I hate staying in Revelstoke when the slednecks come in drunk and disorderly at the end of the day and start fucking around at the hotel.

My Ride
    TDI

Only experience with sled bros was last year at Revy.

Yelling until late at night, yelling and pounding the walls at 5am. Parking wherever the hell they feel like (had to weave our car through all the trailers to get out of our parking lot).

So ya, my only experience with them fits the stereotype apparently.

I've had just as any bad experiences from snowboard crews as I have from sled crews. In fact I would say snowboarders are worse. Very disrespectful with the way they act around people and others when at hotels/on the hill/driving their shit cars smoking weed.

Originally posted by lasimmon
    I've had just as any bad experiences from snowboard crews as I have from sled crews. In fact I would say snowboarders are worse. Very disrespectful with the way they act around people and others when at hotels/on the hill/driving their shit cars smoking weed.
    I've never really had any issues with sledders but between boarders and skiers the douche trophy goes to the boarders lol

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

why cant it just be punk ass kids? why do we have to label people

Originally posted by Rocket1k78
    I've never really had any issues with sledders but between boarders and skiers the douche trophy goes to the boarders lol
    Ever try to go buy anything from Ski West? You would think they were selling Polo gear instead of skies in there. The level of pretentiousness and elitism is hilarious. At least Fresh feels like a normal shop and not some weird Holt Renfrew for skiers. Really though there are a lot of skiers with a stick up their ass who think they are gods gift to the mountains and insist on bragging about how they just went heli skiing/off to the alps yet they can hardly get down the steeper terrain.

Not to mention skiers in the terrain park who insist on stopping on top of features because well you know skiers. Alternatively the ski racers who go do laps in the park with their coaches who apparently don't get you have to call your drop. I'm looking at you sunshine and nakiska race team. I can excuse the kids for being stupid but the coaches do it as well... GTFO of my pipe you jerks.

Most boarders are really chill which is definitely not the case when it comes to the ski crowd where half of them think they are part of the aristocracy and insist on trying to stab you with their poles in the lift lines.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Ever try to go buy anything from Ski West? You would think they were selling Polo gear instead of skies in there. The level of pretentiousness and elitism is hilarious. At least Fresh feels like a normal shop and not some weird Holt Renfrew for skiers. Really though there are a lot of skiers with a stick up their ass who think they are gods gift to the mountains and insist on bragging about how they just went heli skiing/off to the alps yet they can hardly get down the steeper terrain.

Not to mention skiers in the terrain park who insist on stopping on top of features because well you know skiers. Alternatively the ski racers who go do laps in the park with their coaches who apparently don't get you have to call your drop. I'm looking at you sunshine and nakiska race team. I can excuse the kids for being stupid but the coaches do it as well... GTFO of my pipe you jerks.

Most boarders are really chill which is definitely not the case when it comes to the ski crowd where half of them think they are part of the aristocracy and insist on trying to stab you with their poles in the lift lines.
    My post was more of an "There are assholes in every group".

You just proved it.

lol the skier/boarder beef might be just as bad as the bloods/crips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I ski and board, enjoy both equally although I am a much better skier, and plan on sledding someday and everybody can equally fuck off lol

Still would go to Ski West over "I'm so fuckin cool with my touque on in July" Fresh lol

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

k get this shit outta the thread

You guys are all just a bunch of whiners. stop paying attention to everyone else and shred. I don't notice any of the stuff you guys are complaining about because I'm too busy having fun with my friends and actually riding

Revvy just got shit on

http://www.revelstokemountainresort....itions/webcams

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

gnorm!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Local cams are depressing :\ Even Nakiska hasn't really started making snow... It's been too warm. Someone turn down the thermostat. Will be interesting to see how many resorts make their opening day.

Last year Nakiska was open before the 31st of October

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Really? Every time I've gone into ski west, everyone has been friendly. I like fresh too, great group of guys.

Well I have heard the same type of sentiment from a fair bit of my skier friends.

http://www.gfycat.com/FoolishAssuredDrongo

Progression is insane :\ Back flip melon grab 180 to frontside boardslide with 180 out...

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Got a snow alert for Kicking Horse next week - hopefully it just keeps on coming

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Originally posted by ercchry

love the monashee lodge, so chill. just hang out in the hot tub and drink beer for hours (they also were cleaning it daily when i was there) one trip they even forgot to charge me for a night. soooo cheap!

no nightlife up the hill though
    Well sorta true. Regent when looking to party, or apres-b.s at Rockford or Mack. During peak times the Rockford was pretty decent.

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
    Got a snow alert for Kicking Horse next week - hopefully it just keeps on coming
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Sunshine's main lodge is now surrounded by a healthy layer of snow

Lake Louise still is bare and brown :\

My Ride
    Exploded.

SNAAAAOOOWWWWW

Originally posted by flipstah
    SNAAAAOOOWWWWW
    So what are your goals for this year since last year you mastered this going down the hill business? I forget did you actually manage to get a decent carve going?

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast