Quantcast
Official 2014-2015 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread! - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014-2015 Ski/Snowboard Season Thread!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My buddy landed bad in the small park near angel at sunshine this weekend and ended up breaking his tibia, and partially tearing his mcl and acl.

I feel bad for him, the only thing I've experienced more painful than fucking up my knee was kidney stones.

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    My buddy landed bad in the small park near angel at sunshine this weekend and ended up breaking his tibia, and partially tearing his mcl and acl.

I feel bad for him, the only thing I've experienced more painful than fucking up my knee was kidney stones.
    Damn that's crazy. I didn't really think there was anything big enough there to mess you up that bad. What the hell did he bail on? Takes some serious force to break the tibia bone.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Damn that's crazy. I didn't really think there was anything big enough there to mess you up that bad. What the hell did he bail on? Takes some serious force to break the tibia bone.
    I wasn't there due to my own knee injury but I heard he landed switch after doing a 540 and his knee just collapsed.

I wasn't there due to my own knee injury but I heard he landed switch after doing a 540 and his knee just collapsed.
    Weird man. The lower sunshine park doesn't really have any jumps of significance at the moment. Two mediums which in all likelihood should be labelled small :\ You can definitely 540 them but it's going to be a hucked spin.

Unless he was throwing them off the large jumps in the upper park.

Injuries suck though A speedy recovery to him hopefully.

In the mean time forget if I have posted this here before but a fun edit.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Holy shit, that sucks. Speedy recovery to your buddy.

In the mean time forget if I have posted this here before but a fun edit.

Awesome vid. Inspiring me to grow a pair and do park. Here's us at Sunshine on Sunday with my buddy showing what a tree run should look like. So jealous. SOON!,

Originally posted by flipstah

Holy shit, that sucks. Speedy recovery to your buddy.

Awesome vid. Inspiring me to grow a pair and do park. Here's us at Sunshine on Sunday with my buddy showing what a tree run should look like. So jealous. SOON!,

I like the pre box terror. Props for no one being a dick and airing off the side of the approaches for the boxes. A huge faux pas if you're in the park since it ruins the lips.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I like the pre box terror. Props for no one being a dick and airing off the side of the approaches for the boxes. A huge faux pas if you're in the park since it ruins the lips.
    Thanks! We like to keep things pristine for everyone to enjoy.

I'm working really hard to progress because it's a lot fun.

I just need to clean up my technique, figure out landing jumps, and be there mentally for the 'difficult' stuff (park runs, tree lines, and steep courses).

EDIT:

Randomly stumbled into a snurfing commercial. LOL.

Last edited by flipstah; 02-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    2010 S4

Took more faceshots today in Niseko than the star of a Bukake film. This place is amazing!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by dubhead
    Took more faceshots today in Niseko than the star of a Bukake film. This place is amazing!
    PICS.

Just finished up at sunshine. Did a bunch of Dive laps. Was decent down below but the top was boney. Took a few face shots. Was a good day

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Just finished up at sunshine. Did a bunch of Dive laps. Was decent down below but the top was boney. Took a few face shots. Was a good day
    Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to get back out there. Is Delirium Dive really that hardcore? I've never done it but I can handle double blacks easily and I'm curious about it. Won't be skiing this season only snowboarding and I'd much rather be on skis my first time out in there.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Originally posted by heavyfuel

Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to get back out there. Is Delirium Dive really that hardcore? I've never done it but I can handle double blacks easily and I'm curious about it. Won't be skiing this season only snowboarding and I'd much rather be on skis my first time out in there.
    The dive isn't that bad, there's a lot of unmarked stuff that can turn into huge cliffs but if you go in with people who know it you should be fine.

Dive proper is rather boring and is really only thing open right now. They just havn't got that much snow this year. Galaxy Ridge is where the real fun is but I would highly doubt it even opens this year.

Also you need avi gear to go in there. Just a thought.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Can you experts give your take on boots?

I bought the Burton Moto 8.5M last year, which are considered to be 'soft' boots.

I did the fitting and stuff, with snowboard/ski socks when I first started and they fit well. Toes just touch the end and doesn't curl up. I walked around and everything was fine.

However, I found that the inner liner has pressure points on the forefoot, and fatigues my feet quick. After half a day, I'm pooped. I sure didn't feel this at the shop.

The only way I could tolerate it is not tightening the liner, and just secure my feet on the outer straps: tight upper, looser lower zone. However if I do that, my heel lifts and now I'm riding pretty sketchy.

I already got it off of my hands so I'm looking for a new boot. Should I be looking for a stiffer boot for more support? Are there wide boots? Should I even consider wide boots?

I already got it off of my hands so I'm looking for a new boot. Should I be looking for a stiffer boot for more support?
    For boots don't read reviews and don't go based on other peoples advice. Go to the store and try on as many boots as you can till you find something that's comfortable. Walk around in them and lean forward/back. Make sure there are no pressure points.

Boots are very unique to your feet so reviews and whatnot tend to be useless.

As for delirium there's stuff back there that goes at a blue level

My Ride
    Exploded.

For boots don't read reviews and don't go based on other peoples advice. Go to the store and try on as many boots as you can till you find something that's comfortable. Walk around in them and lean forward/back. Make sure there are no pressure points.

Boots are very unique to your feet so reviews and whatnot tend to be useless.

Which store has a wide range? I usually go to Ski Cellar but I find their boot selection to be on the low side.

Someone told me The Source or MISSION but never been to either.

Yah for sure. But getting there can be quite tricky for a blue level rider.

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

Which store has a wide range? I usually go to Ski Cellar but I find their boot selection to be on the low side.

The new Source location on 11th is much bigger now, a decent selection.

My gf had heel lift - I bought some J-bars and ghetto taped them to her liner around the ankle bone, she says its way better now. So if you can't find something that works, there are mods you can do too..

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Dive proper is rather boring and is really only thing open right now. They just havn't got that much snow this year. Galaxy Ridge is where the real fun is but I would highly doubt it even opens this year.

Also you need avi gear to go in there. Just a thought.
    Galaxy Ridge, is that where Starbucks Chute is? I heard that one is terrifying and I want to try it (on skis)

And no avi gear or training, another reason I've never been in there.

Go to Banff dude... honestly. Rude Boys, UNLTD, Abominable, you'll have more exotic stuff to choose from and a wider range, take your woman with you and make a nice evening out of it. In town Mission for sure tho.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 02-05-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Check Missions, check the source, check ski cellar, hell check Sports Chek. Just go and try a bunch of boots.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast