Quantcast
What Wheels/Tires To Get? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What Wheels/Tires To Get?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Default What Wheels/Tires To Get?

So I want to put some different wheels and tires on my truck and I'm having a hell of a time finding something I like that will actually fit the truck. Truck is '13 F150 Fx4 with the 20" option for wheels.

I wanted to go down to a 17 or 18" and make up the difference with rubber.

Style of wheel I like but being told they will not fit are wheels like:

Obviously I like plain looking wheels and in those select few styles but the offset is all wrong. Not really wanting to get into lifts either, I like the stock ride height and the truck is a pavement princess anyways.

As far as tires go, I'm going to run something year round. I have a lot of friends recommending the Goodyear Duratrac 2s. Yay/nay? Something better or better suited? I don't tow much at all, if ever and do quite a bit of highway driving.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:14 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

BFG AT's are built for dirt, and they are good in dirt. That is the only place they should ever be used. There is a better tire for every other situation.

I am running Duratracs on my work truck. I have 75,000km on them so far and I'll probably be able to get another 10,000 for sure out of them. Probably 90% of that is highway. I am going to get a studded set for the winter, and then probably replace them in the spring for mud terrains. But for an all terrain I've been pretty happy with them. My experience with all terrains is pretty limited though.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Has wheels

Sugarphreak - with the factory ride height and suspension, apparently MT doesn't have anything that will work. Nothing that I like anyways.

From what I can find, the truck has +30 offset and that's making it rather difficult to find something I like.

If I don't find anything I like while at work this week, I'll just be ordering tires for the factory wheels.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:35 PM.

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Not sure about rims, but the Goodyear Silent Armours are my recommendation for tires

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by bruceod
    Sugarphreak - with the factory ride height and suspension, apparently MT doesn't have anything that will work. Nothing that I like anyways.

From what I can find, the truck has +30 offset and that's making it rather difficult to find something I like.

If I don't find anything I like while at work this week, I'll just be ordering tires for the factory wheels.
    huh? what does ride height and suspension have to do with it? +30 is meaningless without a width as well...

for the F150, since i got the HD payload with the friggin 7 lugs... im going with a bilstein leveling kit, and probably a custom set of volks with ~12"x34.5" tires

Find wheels that have the same lug pattern size and bore size. This gets expensive to change after with adapters. So get this correct. It's not hard as the measurements are straight across and listed for all wheels.

Then start playing with the kind of offset you want and tire width. A tire calculator can help and I would post your results here.
    http://kgm.tiwing.com/calcs/offsetcalc.htm

You don't want a tire width and an offset to cause the rim to mount and then rub against your shocks. This is very bad. I'm guessing you're going for a 4x4 look so tires sticking out past the body of the vehicle? So you DO NOT want the stock width and stock offset. I think this is where you're finding the rims you want "won't fit". They won't fit with the stock settings. But you do not want this anyway.

My very quick search says the OEM wheels are: 20" x8.5" width.

2013 Ford F150 Specifications
    Bolt Pattern: 6x135 • Center Bore: 86.9 • Hardware:14x2.00 Lug • Offset: 25-38mm

The Formula D559 wheels you picture above run 17" x9" width.
    On their spec sheet you'll see the options:
    http://www.fueloffroad.com/specs.cfm?id=4780&name=D559
    Looks like D55917908945 model sheet # will be what you're after based on bore and lug pattern. The 86.9mm and 87.1mm is very close so shouldn't have an issue.

The offset of the aftermarket wheel is -12. So plug that into the offset calc. But measure your stock wheel's offset as I couldn't find the offset for those wheels. Then in the calc it'll show you the difference you'll be getting.
    From there, it's about picking a tire that isn't too tall that it'll rub over bumps. I think you can figure that out though.

http://www.willtheyfit.com
    This might help you visualize the setup.
    Last edited by mr2mike; 09-12-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Was originally thinking welds... but no 7 lug. i've been assured that some calls could be made for the volks in 7 lug