Quantcast
Robertshaw Racing - simulators! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Robertshaw Racing - simulators!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Robertshaw Racing - simulators!

So I was an exhibitor at the oil trade show in mcmurray these last two days and seiko had an F1 simulator there!

I got talking with the dudes and they're a race team based in calgary. It seemed like they did Indy and most recently had an open wheel mazda powered car.

Their next project is a 4 simulator race-school or hangout to be opening in the next 3 weeks or so.

http://www.robertshawracing.com/were-back/

Yesterday I came within 0.4s of the best lap of the day at Indianapolis. Today I sucked ass in the Williams F1.

Sort of an option for racing here anyway. Sims are built for GT,
    Indy, F1.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I forget what oil/gas show I was at but I tried the F1 simulator and they had a hp restrictor programmed into the game that cut power for the average joe.

Sucked, and the course was a banked ring, like nascar..

Had that bitch flat out around the whole lap.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride

Hmm. This one the real deal. 800hp and yes i span out right in the pits because I nailed it - cold tires lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Would love to try the simulator! That's really cool.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Darkane
    Hmm. This one the real deal. 800hp and yes i span out right in the pits because I nailed it - cold tires lol.
    I also spun in the pits, haha
    I think it restricted power once you got up to a certain speed.

I'd pay to do sessions on this simulator if they had project CARS or Assetta Corsa loaded on it.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 09-10-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

I believe they use iRacing as Robertshaw was on the forums looking for new employees that are already familiar with the sim. Would be a pretty cool place to work if I didn't already have a job.
    There's been a few other iRacing motion rigs at the GPS show this year as well. Awesome fun to play with.

My Ride

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    I believe they use iRacing as Robertshaw was on the forums looking for new employees that are already familiar with the sim. Would be a pretty cool place to work if I didn't already have a job.
    There's been a few other iRacing motion rigs at the GPS show this year as well. Awesome fun to play with.
    Yep you're right. Iracing.

50,000 members and they just had their 1 billionth lap raced the last week.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

This might be the same simulator that a local sponsor was trying to partner up with. If I remember correctly, either the owner is from Vancouver or the equipment is sourced from Vancouver.

Hi, I was the guy at Ft Mac. (this is Blair) and yes the motion sim we had there is from a company in BC. it's a great trade show sim that introduces people to motion sims, it is of very high quality but that said, it is not a great race training tool or racing simulator.

The simulators we feature in the Race Room are full motion, 3 DOF professional grade component simulators. we have 1 Stock car, 1 GT and 2 open wheel full motion simulators. 3 screens surround, 1 screen on top for real time immersion data reporting. Delta, sector, fuel consumption 5 lap average and so on. we also run MOTEC data, the MacLaren f1 data software.

We use top shelf F1 force feed back servo motors on our steering components, in the formula chassis they are remote mounted. we also feature RW stock car wheel, GT wheels, f1 carbon wheels crafted by UK F1 suppliers, hydraulic brakes, seat belts, brake pressure sensors and gauges. seats are selected based on racing discipline. the stock car features Lajoie Custom, the GT is a Cobra Sebring Pro Kevlar. Formula chassis seats are universal until a person wants a custom bead seat made for them which we also do. Our formula chassis' are near exact replicas of the formula cars we own, race and rent to qualified drivers.

the room is 3 fold, it features top shelf, bespoke simulators in a residential racing theater environment as an alternative to a video room for the discerning individual, race drivers train there and we also will be offering Corporate Team Building days similar to what a 24 Hour LeMans Racing team would employ but we do it over 6 hours.

Im sorry, going on too much. in short, we, all of our team at the Race Room race cars, we strive for our simulators to be as close to real world as reasonable budgets allow. I know reasonable is subjective but I promise you, our sims will challenge you, you will learn real race craft that is measurable from our instructors and even from yourself if you decide to learn in the absence of an instructor.

so, thanks for reading, we are about 4 weeks away from our opening. the web site is just way behind so if its ok I will post back here when we are green!

I really hope some of you come by, I dont think we will disappoint

here are some pics of the wheels we offer;
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the back, all buttons paddles and rotary dials are functional, this wheel is used for F1 sim racing and is made by people who make F1 wheels for the teams that dont make their own wheels
    Attached Images Attached Images  

this is the GT wheel you see as sitting in the GT Cobra seat GT simulator.
    Last edited by Blair Robertsha; 09-22-2014 at 09:53 PM.

I cant seem to post the pics so I will try again, I do apologize for may lack of dexterity for posting...

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Dude this is nuts I can't wait for you guys to finish this up and please keep this thread updated.

SC Wheel

Man I cant get the pics to load. can anyone tell me if there is a limit? or how I may go about posting them? thanks

and here is a link that will give you a better view of what we are attempting to do

http://www.robertshawracing.com/were-back/

I will post pics to Photo bucket tomorrow and then post the link, thanks again for your interest. hope to see you come by/
    Last edited by Blair Robertsha; 09-22-2014 at 09:53 PM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Blair Robertsha
    SC Wheel

Man I cant get the pics to load. can anyone tell me if there is a limit? or how I may go about posting them? thanks
    Toss em on imgur and then paste them here with the bbcode they provide.

here is a link to the GT simulator and a brief look at the interior of the Race Room;

http://s791.photobucket.com/user/br2...?sort=3&page=1

the red sim you see is our stock car sim, the force feedback wheel hub is designed for stock car simulation. the fellow driving is actually an open wheel F200 race driver, we wanted his feedback on a discipline he was unfamiliar with... he said "it's gooood"

we also had a pro NASCAR driver in the sim last week training for a Camper World truck series race last weekend in New Hampshire, he also commented that is was very good, he said.
    "its the best sim I have been in"

so enough. more pics to come as someone has shared with me how to post pics! Thanks Will.

thanks again everyone,

hope to see some of you come and try our service, we hope we wont and dont think we will disappoint!
    Last edited by Blair Robertsha; 09-22-2014 at 09:54 PM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Blair, will you be opening this shop in Calgary?
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

so racing in western Canada is all but gone, at least for us.
    Ya'll have heard of Castrol Raceway, yes? Racing in Western Canada is alive and well

yes, I have heard of Castrol. I have even been there, done laps there and its not a road race track IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast