Quantcast
Victory Highball - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Victory Highball

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Victory Highball

Well, I seem to have taken a liking to the Victory Highball... my mother actually suggested I look into them before springing for a Honda Fury.

I don't know much about Victory bikes. I only know one person who has one and he came from H-D. He loves it way more. Says everything about it is far better than what his Harley could ever hope to be.

I understand that these machines are made by Polaris. I used to love their snow machines, never had an issue with them ever. But their quads... had a few problems.

So I'm still leaning towards a Fury. Looks cool and reliable. I would certainly check out a Highball, but only if its reasonably reliable.

Anyone know of somebody that has one? Care to share some thoughts?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Hmmm... anyone? I know they are not all that popular.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Don't know too much about the Victory models, but I'd definitely take them over any HD.
    Also seems like you would lose some control over the bike with the ape hangers like whats on the Highball, but I've never actually ridden a bike with them before.

Have you looked at the new Indian Scout? Maybe not quite what you are looking for, but it has been getting extremely positive reviews.
    100hp, lightweight for a cruiser, 6 speed tranny and looks amazing IMO.
    Was originally supposed to be a Victory model but Polaris changed it over to the Indian brand.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I just learned about the Indian motorcycles about 3 days ago. I'll look into them a little bit more.

I was pleasantly surprised by the price of a slightly used Highball. Just about on par with a Fury.

Just wondering about reliability.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    See sig

I have a friend who's had 2 victory's. I hate them, feels like I'm riding a garbage pail with wheels. My bike is a Kawasaki, and I've compared to Honda's Yamaha's and Harley's. The Victory (this was ~2012MY) just felt like it lacked in build quality and fit and finish. And the ride was... simple.

I'd go with a more established brand, especially if you're resorting to beyond opinion for this decision.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Never ridden a highball but my v92c is a total piece of shit, rattles like a motherfucker, is sooooooo gutless, constant mechanical issues.

On the other hand the Harley runs like a top, has higher build quality and retains value better. You can put 70 or 80000 km on it and still get 10k for it when you're done.

I know that graham is going to jump in here and go off about how big of a POS every Harley (besides the vrod) is but think about this: besides the Goldwing (which is super gay) there aren't many bikes for sale on the used market that have as high of km as Harleys and there's obviously a reason for that. When you go hunting there's tons with 40-120k km on them. There also aren't many bikes that you can buy used for $10000, ride for 20000km then resell for $10000 again in 2 years.

I wouldn't even look at any cruisers besides Indians or Harleys, just like I wouldn't look at Harley sport bikes.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.