Quantcast
Vizio now available in Canada - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizio now available in Canada

My Ride
    Sentra

I'll check them out as my almost 8 year old Sony 46 could use an upgrade.

Also Costco did carry Vizio tvs 1.5 years ago for a bit, as I have one.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by rage2
    You can't see pixelation with HD sources on a 60 or even 74" screen, but you see a "very noticeable difference" between a 720p and 1080p display on a 5" phone screen? WTF man haha.
    Never underestimate the power that fanboyism holds over people's minds. It can make you believe you are actually seeing something you aren't.

Been running a Vizio for almost 5 years now. Great set, excellent picture, proper 120 hz smoothing.

The particular model I have is not repairable, if the boards burn out, there is no way to drop in another one. I even think the backlights are soldered in and not replaceable.

Still... These things are meant to be thrown out after 5 to 7 years or so anyhow.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by heavyD

Never underestimate the power that fanboyism holds over people's minds. It can make you believe you are actually seeing something you aren't.
    My eyes must be going because of old age. On my shitty iPhone 5, the letters in the photo below have crisp lines and I can't see pixels even with my eyeball touching the screen. It's at full zoom. You can see pixels on the smiley cause they are shirty resolution.

Some folks must have eagle eyes. Or maybe android screens suck shit. Hahaha

My Ride
    Grimace

P series is now available. I am thinkinf of picking up the 50". FS has it for $1139. Has anyone checked them out?
    Review seems pretty good

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/vizio/p-series

Originally posted by schocker
    P series is now available. I am thinkinf of picking up the 50". FS has it for $1139. Has anyone checked them out?
    Review seems pretty good

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/vizio/p-series
    The only P series to possibly avoid is the 55", which has worse contrast than the other sizes due to the IPS panel they are using. The other sizes, including the 50", use a VA panel. I wouldn't be surprised if color reproduction was a little better on the 55 though.

I think these will be very successful here, they are priced really well and are one of the very few full array LED TV's even available.

4K is kind of pointless these days with almost zero content though, you may be better served by the "M" series. You can get some VERY cheap 50" TV's if you are OK with 1080P.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Am hoping someone will have the Vizio's on sale for black friday, because I'm cheap as fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    The only P series to possibly avoid is the 55", which has worse contrast than the other sizes due to the IPS panel they are using. The other sizes, including the 50", use a VA panel. I wouldn't be surprised if color reproduction was a little better on the 55 though.

I think these will be very successful here, they are priced really well and are one of the very few full array LED TV's even available.

4K is kind of pointless these days with almost zero content though, you may be better served by the "M" series. You can get some VERY cheap 50" TV's if you are OK with 1080P.
    I like the 4k because it just seems like a better TV compared to the M due to the large number of local dimming zones and then also 4k netflix.

http://www.rtings.com/reviews/tv/lcd-led/vizio/m-series

The 1080p tv I had been leaning towards was the Sony 50W800B as it is supposed to be very good for games with low input lag but it is about the same price as the P 50".

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Am hoping someone will have the Vizio's on sale for black friday, because I'm cheap as fuck
    I believe until christmas FS has price protection until january

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by schocker

I believe until christmas FS has price protection until january

The Price Beat Promise has been extended!

During the holidays you can apply for a price beat on items you buy from November 1st until January 4th instead of the regular 30-day limit.

Please note that we will not process any price adjustments from December 24th to 27th.

Remember, the Price Beat promise does not apply to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Boxing Week sale prices.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/...mise/hc80.aspx

My Ride
    Grimace

whoops, i didn't read the details obviously. Just buy it online again then and return it with the old receipt

50 incher now $929 CDN, Vizio still has not established a good customer base yet.

At the rate people are scared of buying stuff in Calgary, it might be a worthwhile pickup.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/.../10321293.aspx

I'm tempted by it because it seems to be one of the rare 4K that is rumored to have one 1920x1080 at 120 hz input (or 4k resolution at 60hz) I used to game on CRT's at 1024x768 at 120hz over ten years ago, and never really got used to being forced onto 60hz inputs.

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^ Yeah, I saw that in the FS flyer. It is pretty tempting at that price as the 50" 1080p sony I was contemplating is only like $50 less.

This is the reason I have held off for now:
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...ng-thread.html

Yup, still very early for 4K (especially gaming)

https://developer.nvidia.com/4k-ultr...on-development

The main reason not to jump is because most 4K TVs only use HDMI 1.4, which is max 30hz at 4K resolutions. I wouldn't even think about gaming at 30FPS.

Right now, the roundabout way to do 4K at 60hz is to use a videocard with a displayport adaptor actively converted to HDMI. A straight HDMI cable right now will probably not give you 4K 60hz.

But it might be wise to just wait for HDMI 2.0 compliant videocards and other components.

Its a gigantic leap for computer resolutions though. I can still remember 640x480.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-03-2015 at 11:49 AM.

My Ride
    Grimace

The vizio does have 5 hdmi 2.0 but only one of them can do 4k @ 60hz. The 4:4:4 vs 4:2:2 is the only dumb thing for now.

You could also consider Changhong They sell... Wait for it. A 42" 4K HDTV.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...-008-_-Product

Thats at the bargain basement end.

I'm sure its primarly targetted as a computer monitor replacement where you will be sitting about three feet from the screen.

My Ride
    Ford

my sis in law is now 2 weeks into owning the 55" 4k element tv she got at target for $499. she is pleased with her purchase but is no expert for sure. i haven't seen it yet. and i doubt she is watching any 4k stuff on it yet.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah, I have seen those cheap ones around, also the korean monitors but would still rather buy a name brand (generally samsung etc.) for a bit more (Vizio is kind of a stretch for this)

From what I've heard 4:2:0 is not a huge dealbreaker for TV watchers as nearly no broadcast programming broadcasts at 4:4:4.

Thing is: I don't think I've ever physically watched 4:4:4 TV as they have never broadcast it, so I really have no comparison or way to know if its worth the extra bits or not. They might have replaced it with that "REC._2020" based on some weird math algorythm that only a genius could comprehend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rec._2020

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

"HDMI 2.0 supports the Rec. 2020 color space.[16] HDMI 2.0 can transmit 12-bit per sample RGB at a resolution of 2160p and a frame rate of 24/25/30 fps or it can transmit 12-bits per sample 4:2:2/4:2:0 YCbCr at a resolution of 2160p and a frame rate of 50/60 fps"

They added the ability to "downgrade" to 4:2:0 in HDMI 2.0 to use the bits for other things, most notably 60Hz at 4K. If you want to run 4:4:4, it will probably still be there, just limited to 30hz.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-03-2015 at 03:05 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah, I have been looking into it a bit today as my interest is high again
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...hread-424.html
    that is a good owner thread to figure out settings/issues. I have seen it in person and the picture was awesome, so maybe an early birthday gift for myself at this price.

Heads up Bestbuy has the 4K M70-C3 for $2,329.99

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10367978.aspx

Probably will go fast.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast