Quantcast
Vizio now available in Canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vizio now available in Canada

My Ride
    Grimace

Default Vizio now available in Canada

Looks like Vizio is now available at FS and BB with TV's and sound bars. The TV's are the M and E series while the P 4k models will come in the fall. Pricing doesn't seem too bad compared to the US so now there is a slightly cheaper option if people are looking for TVs!!!!!

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I've read some reviews and although they are short on some features they offer good picture and black levels for the price.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yup, that is why I am looking into a Model M for now, hopefully pricing comes out soon on the P. Backlit and has local dimming zones if you check out their website. So excellent features and the reviews are all quite good. 50" for $900 regular is a pretty good deal. I am not sure it looks like none of these offer 3d though?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Their sound bars have been at Costco Canada stores for a while.

My Ride
    Bicycle

checked them out at BB yesterday. They probably had a shitty source because they don't look that great.

But can't argue for the price and rave review on the net.

Don't skimp on the Vizio. Get what you deserve.

But seriously about damn time. 70'' for under 2 grand. My next TV will most likely be a Vizio.

Hasn't Costco carried Vizio TV's for a while now in Canada? I could swear I saw them there quite some time ago.

Their sound bars have been here for a long time already.

Originally posted by Manhattan

But seriously about damn time. 70'' for under 2 grand. My next TV will most likely be a Vizio.
    The Sharp 70's have been around $1700, and you can buy them any day of the week for a little over $2000. Not too bad.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-12-2014 at 10:31 AM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by schocker
    Yup, that is why I am looking into a Model M for now, hopefully pricing comes out soon on the P. Backlit and has local dimming zones if you check out their website. So excellent features and the reviews are all quite good. 50" for $900 regular is a pretty good deal. I am not sure it looks like none of these offer 3d though?
    The 2014 models have no 3D.

A little bit off topic. Has anyone with 60+ inch TV noticed pixelation with HD content? Wondering if 4K would be a significant difference from 1080p.

My Ride
    Bicycle

A little bit off topic. Has anyone with 60+ inch TV noticed pixelation with HD content? Wondering if 4K would be a significant difference from 1080p.
    Not on BD media. But on everything else, I have seen compression artifacts.

Saw the E series and M series at future shop. E series looks worse than the 7 year old sharp 26" in my kitchen, even after tinkering around different picture modes. I would rather buy an insignia. M series was OK but even the most basic samsung, lg, sharp look way better. Not sure how Vizio built up such a reputation if this is how they look.

And if you actually compare models before you buy, samsung 65" 120hz smart (6203 model) $1485 last week, 240hz Vizio 70" with a shittier picture, 2-2.2k not worth it.

My Ride
    Grimace

^^^ All the reviews I have seen for vizio m series are quite good and on par with the competition? Could it just be the in store setup?

http://www.cnet.com/products/vizio-m652i-b2

Totally depends on the viewing distance. You can see pixelation on 4K TV's too if you are close enough.

At 60 and 74", I can't see pixelation until I go just a little too close for comfortable viewing with 1080P. 4K will certainly force you to go even closer before you see pixelation.

I couldn't care less about 4K at the moment, there is almost zero content. It will make the biggest difference in the projector world, much less on "normal" sized TV's at all but the closest viewing distances.

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Hasn't Costco carried Vizio TV's for a while now in Canada? I could swear I saw them there quite some time ago..
    They did long time ago but stopped carrying them unfortunately. Glad to see bb and fs picking them up
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    K-car

Bought a Vizio TV at computer trends about 8 years ago. Been a good set.

Did Vizio just become available in Canada?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by corsvette
    Bought a Vizio TV at computer trends about 8 years ago. Been a good set.

Did Vizio just become available in Canada?
    I guess widely available yes, canadian 'launch' was today. Like benyl said I do remember some vizio sound bars as costco but I think they were only ever the 2.1 versions.

I think I will look into the M502 vs the sony 50w800b as it is $850 vs $1400.

Whos Vizio? Another China brand?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by BensonTT
    Whos Vizio? Another China brand?
    As of 2012, Vizio has over 400 employees.[4] About half work at its headquarters in Irvine, California, in engineering, design, sales, and operations, while the other half are employed at a call center in Dakota Dunes, South Dakota and Magna, Utah.[4][5]

Vizio's major partner in the consumer electronics arena is AmTran Technology, a Taiwan-based OEM/ODM that manufactures more than half of the televisions sold by Vizio[6] and owns a 23% stake in the company.[6][7] Vizio also manufactures its products in Mexico and China under agreements with ODM assemblers in those countries.[8]

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

At 60 and 74", I can't see pixelation until I go just a little too close for comfortable viewing with 1080P.
    Regardless of brand there is a very noticeable difference between 720P and 1080P on the ~5" screens. Especially if you have them side by side, you could pick them apart every single time in a blind test at any normal viewing distances.
    You can't see pixelation with HD sources on a 60 or even 74" screen, but you see a "very noticeable difference" between a 720p and 1080p display on a 5" phone screen? WTF man haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

You can't see pixilation with HD sources on a 60 or even 74" screen, but you see a "very noticeable difference" between a 720p and 1080p display on a 5" phone screen? WTF man haha.
    I view a phone 6-12" from my face, and I sit ~8 feet from my TV's. It's all about viewing distance, and also content size. I'm rarely trying to view incredibly small detail on my Tv or projector screen, however when trying to read a desktop webpage on my phone a few inches from my face, I will take all the resolution I can possibly get.

I can EASILY see pixelation on my TV's or screen when I walk closer to them. I purposely sit at a distance where I *can't* see pixelation. That distance is far more variable with phones, and I can't think of any time I am trying to read tons of super tiny print on my TV. Pixelation is also much more noticable on stationary images, which TV's rarely have.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 09-12-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast