Quantcast
The Division - Post Apocalyptic FPSRPG - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Division - Post Apocalyptic FPSRPG

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Not to mention finding faster ways to kill enemies (cleaners shoot their gas tanks)

I just really wish I could re-do my characters face / remove accessories

Forever , I will be wearing sunglasses indoors now lol
    Yeah I made the same mistake with the sunglasses, sunglasses at night, indoors, ridiculous, I'm sure people will bitch enough to get sunglasses and tattoos to be appearance accessories like hats/shoes/pants/jacket etc, hopefully at least.

I just figured out the crafting part which is pretty cool, tearing down loot to get raw materials, you can make normal items and specialized items, the boosters and level for each item are randomly generated too so it's a bit of a gamble as opposed to selling that loot to buy from the vendors, also in your home base there is some sort of lost and found in one of the rooms near the medical wing iirc, the stuff is free so keep checking back there for decent free gear, I got an M416 and a full CBRN hazmat suit from it last night.

The beta really was just a beta, I've only played 4 hours or so and I keep finding new things in the safe zone and the graphics are only slightly under the E3 buffed up gameplay footage imo, haven't even leveled up to access the DZ yet. The game is pretty good so far imo, just need to fix this mic problem.

Side note, getting new clothes seems more rare than getting good armour or weapons, it's like finding gold when you get new clothes from the civilians in need or from enemy

Also just got the turret perk, it's pretty useful to flank using that thing, I thought it was going to be useless.

The Turret is also good if you don't play with a ping since it points in enemies direction, lays down suppressing fire, and is basically just a "dot" (Damage over time) ability to supplement your damage
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Really wish glasses could be a clothing item and not part of your face

My Ride
    Grimace

Got it for uplay on PC. I think my username is johnnypepe .

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Anybody finding the DarkZone relatively empty?

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

about 12 hours in on PS4. I actually really like the game. Have not spent much time in the dark zone though.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^i played it a bunch on Thursday, had 2 friends playing with me and a few others bouncing in and out of fights with us. No rogues. I enjoyed it a bunch more, i don't think i will ever play it without a squad though just makes it a hundred times more fun.

DZ will fill up once people start hitting level cap i think. Tons of stuff to do in the regular map not to mention DZ kills don't grant level up XP or materials for upgrading the base for new abilities etc.

Also it seems the regular map scales gear better so overall i get much better loot outside than inside ( 30 minutes in the DZ ill have leveled up in the outside and getting much better gear for it for example).
    Last edited by killramos; 03-14-2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Anybody finding the DarkZone relatively empty?
    DZ was packed in beta, but I haven't been in it much yet in the full game, I've been trying to finish all the big missions in the safe area, there's so much shit to do. Pretty damned engaging playing the missions when you're 5 levels lower than the enemies especially if they are armoured, a random group of us did the theater one for almost a whole hour before we all gave up. Need to get in the DZ soon, level 15 in the safe and level 0 in the DZ :/

I didn't know just how immersive the crafting and base upgrades can get, I was watching a streamer roll the dice for armour upgrades then crafting a shitload of specialized and Superior/High-End mods. Right now it's been a deconstruct item vs sell item dilemma for all my loot.

edit: Also apparently if you have scavenger bonus armour items, it'll increase your chances of better loot drops, totally overlooked that aspect in favour of kill bonuses.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 03-14-2016 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Pardon my ignorance, but is this game basically like a non-fantasy Destiny?

Trying to debate weather to buy it or not, but cannot get a good feel for the gameplay from any of the videos I've watched..

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Yea I would say it's pretty much a non-fantasy Destiny.

I am around level 15 currently and still having a great time. Haven't touched DZ yet, probably when I hit 20 is when I'll leap the wall.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Pardon my ignorance, but is this game basically like a non-fantasy Destiny?

Trying to debate weather to buy it or not, but cannot get a good feel for the gameplay from any of the videos I've watched..
    I haven't played Destiny but there is no fantasy magic flying space perks or anything. I'm not a huge RPG fan, mostly FPS, but this game is awesome imo, addictive and engaging. People keep saying that it's a Destiny killer but the rebuttal always seems to be 'they're 2 different games with only the RPG designation in common and one is FPS vs 3rdPS'.

Watch some twitch streams that might help a bit

My Ride
    Grimace

It feels like destiny, but I like this wayyyyyyyyyyy more than destiny. Tons of stuff to do, lots to explore, good mission variety, squads very important. Havent been in the dark zone yet though, will have to check it out. I think I will even buy the season pass as I am having a good time. Have had a couple performance issues but nothing big. I am guessing patches might optimize it more anyways.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I don't understand how destiny can be compared to the division (or vice versa) at all.

FPS vs TPS, one only really has two "instances" (outside the DZ, inside the DZ), you don't do raids in The Division (by far the greatest difference) etc etc.

It would be like saying Halo and Gears of War are the same thing. Sure, space marines who shoot stuff, they are the same thing, but beyond that...

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

I would say they destiny and division are two different kind of games. They have similar stuffs like daily missions, challenge mode like night fall. Phoenix credits like strange coins to buy high end gear.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I agree.

Anyone who says Division is the same as Destiny, hasn't actually played Destiny.

Division to me is a third person shooter of Diablo.

Division is sort of like Mass Effect 2, but a modern day setting (as far as gameplay goes)

Cover mechanics, RPG, weapons have stats.

It's NOT (and not MEANT to be) CS:GO or Battlefield. It's a RPG at it's core and is a numbers game. I think a lot of players are getting thrown off by this , and the FPS crowd isn't always a fan of RPG's and feel cheated by this.... but it was never advertised to be a tactical , realistic shooter. It's just set in a realistic (and beautiful) atmosphere.

I enjoy it, I don't get much time to play but when I do I really do enjoy my time in the game.

I just hit 15.... how do I access to weapon talents now?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I enjoy it, I don't get much time to play but when I do I really do enjoy my time in the game.

I just hit 15.... how do I access to weapon talents now?
    Same. I grind the game as much as possible when I have time to play, we should all meet up to do some DZ stuff soon.

I didn't think you needed to be level 15 to access weapon talents? Anyways, whenever you have those weapons you look on the right side when in your inventory, you'll find the requirements list of the 3 stats you need to achieve to use it. Ex: need 215 more weapon points and 115 stamina to unlock.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by n1zm0
    Same. I grind the game as much as possible when I have time to play, we should all meet up to do some DZ stuff soon.

I didn't think you needed to be level 15 to access weapon talents? Anyways, whenever you have those weapons you look on the right side when in your inventory, you'll find the requirements list of the 3 stats you need to achieve to use it. Ex: need 215 more weapon points and 115 stamina to unlock.
    I just noticed the talents last night, helps to read what is on the screen

Level 17 now though after 11 hours, trying to motor through all the story missions.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea there are a lot of aspects to this game that I under utilize. Things like energy bars and bottles of water. Or explosive/incendiary bullets lol.

Just got up to 27 last night. Will blast through the last mission and remaining side missions after that. Should hit 30 today or tomorrow. Then its on to endgame and DZ. realized there isn't much point in doing DZ until endgame as the mission and side mission loot is pretty good and you cant buy anything with DZ credits until you are level 30 DZ anyways. Any tid bits on when raids/ secret endgame material will come available?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

I'm level 30 and DZ level 30. Currently grinding Darkzone and Phoenix credits. Got High end weapons already for my primary (Liberator), secondary (Vector 45 ACP) and sidearm (Damascus).

Just something to keep in mind if you are going to buy high end blueprints. Named weapon or gear have fixed perks and unnamed high end weapons/gear you can keep on crafting and will get different rolls.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast