Quantcast
Westjet just lost its flair, have no reason to fly them anymore - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Westjet just lost its flair, have no reason to fly them anymore

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by eblend

Most airlines I have flown allow one standard article and 1 personal article, and laptop is considered a personal article.

I always bring my backpack (or carry-on luggage) plus a shoulder bag which has my laptop and passports and all that. The carry on goes on top, the shoulder bag with laptop on the bottom under the feet. I assume you want to have everything in one, but the weight of a laptop shouldn't be a limiting factor as you can always bring it separately from the bag.
    Each airline has their own rules but usually the weight limit is for both articles combined. Some airlines rarely enforce this though...

Originally posted by davidI

Each airline has their own rules but usually the weight limit is for both articles combined. Some airlines rarely enforce this though...
    WestJet has no weight restriction posted. Air Canada has a weight limit of 10kg for each piece.

Whenever I travel thru Heathrow they always weigh my carry on no matter how small.

My Ride
    MDX

The weight limit is tough to enforce with so many self service check in counters. The first point of contact for a lot of guests is at boarding, past security.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    The weight limit is tough to enforce with so many self service check in counters. The first point of contact for a lot of guests is at boarding, past security.
    Once again all depends on the airline and airport. Some budget airlines will weigh your carry-on bag at check-in and tag it. Others will have a pre-boarding check area at the gate. Emirates weighs the carry-ons for everyone flying economy prior to the security and customs but after check-in. Some don't seem to care at all. Some check on a random or ad hoc basis.

I've rarely had my bag weighed but I also try to pack within limits so I'm not "randomly selected" either. It definitely tends to be more of an issue with budget carriers but I have noticed some full-service carriers beginning to check more, likely to speed up boarding and avoid late departure fees.

My Ride
    13' IS 250AWD 09' MDX

Air Canada began a trial program at Pearson International Airport in Toronto on Tuesday to make sure carry-on luggage is not too big or too heavy for overhead bins on its flight
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle20853758/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6