Quantcast
Domestic V8 forum - ford GM chrysler talk about your junk here - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Domestic V8 forum - ford GM chrysler talk about your junk here

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Someone should buy my 2013 Mustang GT track pack. I unfortunately need a break from domestics for a year or two

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Why's that? What Are you asking for it? Sadly with the 15 hitting the Lots this week your 13 is going to take a major nose dive in value

My Ride
    G37X

Sucks for you, but I'm glad that it's going to drive prices down. I wouldn't mind getting into an 10-14 for the right price down the road. Actually really like the look of the later 5th gens with the big fog lamps.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Don't bother with the 2010 as it's still the 4.6 in that year

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by Shlade
    Why's that? What Are you asking for it? Sadly with the 15 hitting the Lots this week your 13 is going to take a major nose dive in value
    Downsizing to one car for a year or two, so looking at getting maybe an audi or something for year round

I dont think mine will take too huge a hit in value, as I got a smoking deal on it 2 years ago! (hopefully) Mine would be priced probably 12-14k less than a new 2015 model, with more HP !! (intake, borla cat back, tune)

We will see, maybe i should unload it now before the 2015's start cruising around!!

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

Damn..what's another couple days Why put it away so early? Suns shining, indian summer!
    Well a project is never finished so I need to tear apart the front suspension and remove the rear end for further suspension/chassis enhancements. All this before the garage gets too cold to work in.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Originally posted by riander5

Downsizing to one car for a year or two, so looking at getting maybe an audi or something for year round

I dont think mine will take too huge a hit in value, as I got a smoking deal on it 2 years ago! (hopefully) Mine would be priced probably 12-14k less than a new 2015 model, with more HP !! (intake, borla cat back, tune)

We will see, maybe i should unload it now before the 2015's start cruising around!!
    You've got winter working against the value right now, and next spring the new one will be widely available. If you got a good deal on it you should be able to get rid of it. I would remove the mods and sell them seperately. You have two target buyers: 1. younger male who will appreciate the mods but has less disposable income and 2. older guy who would want it completely stock and has more disposable income.

I would try and sell it to the second option. Plus your mods are worth 10 cents to the dollar on the car, while you can probably recoup at least 50% off the car.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0

You've got winter working against the value right now, and next spring the new one will be widely available. If you got a good deal on it you should be able to get rid of it. I would remove the mods and sell them seperately. You have two target buyers: 1. younger male who will appreciate the mods but has less disposable income and 2. older guy who would want it completely stock and has more disposable income.

I would try and sell it to the second option. Plus your mods are worth 10 cents to the dollar on the car, while you can probably recoup at least 50% off the car.
    Im not factoring mods in my price I will ask. Im well aware mods do not add value haha its basically money sunk for your (my) own enjoyment!!

I dont think my modifications are so crazy that an older buyer wouldnt look at it. Old dudes love borla!!! Haha.

I should probably list it up soon here, but maybe we will be able to drive it into december like a few years ago!

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Shlade
    Don't bother with the 2010 as it's still the 4.6 in that year
    Isn't it the most updated one though? What's so bad about it? I would likely only do full exhaust and gears. Fast enough for me. Did you have problems with your boosted 4.6?

My Ride
    G37X

Totally agree on selling mods separately. You can actually get around half your money back if your parts are in good condition. At least that's been my experience. It's win win because you'll get more money separately plus you can advertise your mustang as factory stock which is appealing to a wider, wealthier demographic.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Fast enough for me.
    I'm going to smack you the next time I see you.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Isn't it the most updated one though? What's so bad about it? I would likely only do full exhaust and gears. Fast enough for me. Did you have problems with your boosted 4.6?
    Go 2011+. The 3V 4.6 has been left in the dust by the coyote and it doesn't respond to boost like the 4V Coyote, or even older 4V 4.6 from the cobra.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by never
    I'm going to smack you the next time I see you.
    As long as it's fast enough to beat the average import it's good enough for me. I'm just done with dumping a fortune into cars these days. I'm sure I'll go off the deep end soon enough haha

My Ride
    G37X

Go 2011+. The 3V 4.6 has been left in the dust by the coyote and it doesn't respond to boost like the 4V Coyote, or even older 4V 4.6 from the cobra.
    I get that the coyote is better. But the 3V 4.6 is still a great engine imo. Plus I would never feel the need to boost it. Sub 5 second 0-60 is plenty for me on our quality roadways. I'd rather save some money and get into something that I can buy cash instead of financing. But in all honesty, my next car will be a mint SN95 mysti chrome 96-98 Cobra.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Family Hauler

I get that the coyote is better. But the 3V 4.6 is still a great engine imo. Plus I would never feel the need to boost it. Sub 5 second 0-60 is plenty for me on our quality roadways. I'd rather save some money and get into something that I can buy cash instead of financing. But in all honesty, my next car will be a mint SN95 mysti chrome 96-98 Cobra.
    But that wont be able to beat the average import... so you should just buy mine. No hate on the 4.6 but it has nothing on the new 5.0's - thats just how progress goes !! (same will probably apply to new LT's vs LS, just like LS engines crushed the old LT's)

Plus - mine already sounds better than stock! haha

My Ride
    is faster than yours

As long as it's fast enough to beat the average import it's good enough for me. I'm just done with dumping a fortune into cars these days. I'm sure I'll go off the deep end soon enough haha
    Just start off with an $800 car like I am so even after you put a bunch into it, it's still not a lot!

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by riander5

But that wont be able to beat the average import... so you should just buy mine. No hate on the 4.6 but it has nothing on the new 5.0's - thats just how progress goes !! (same will probably apply to new LT's vs LS, just like LS engines crushed the old LT's)

Plus - mine already sounds better than stock! haha
    My boss has a 2013 GT and he has let me go out and beat on it...pretty fun car! I've been trying to convince him to put a TT kit on it. He's more of a classics/restoration type guy but I took him out for a couple of nitrous pulls with my V and he loved it...so I'm still working on him. Would love to see how the 5.0 does with the TTs.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

So I ordered a ton of go-fast stuff for the Marquis...all of you domestic V8 guys should be SUPER pumped!!

Oh I'm so excited you can hardly imagine

Why don't you share what you got

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast