Quantcast
Macros/Training - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Macros/Training

Default Macros/Training

Starting up a thread on beyond, talk about whatever and to stop hijacking threads

From my experience it doesn't matter how much I work out/cardio if i want to slim down or shed fat it's all diet.

Current Macros right now (trying to cut)

Calories 1820
    Carbs 60
    Fat 60 (might raise fats)
    Protein 260

Stats: 5'8
    weight: 175 lbs

Body type: Ecto/Meso
    Was always skinny fat, never was lean enough to see a 6 pack. My arms use to be the same size as my wrists. Small bone structure.

I just cut my carbs in half recently, so little less cals also

So far lifts are staying the same, fat is slowly coming down

Current 1RM
    Bench 245 lbs
    Squat 265 lbs
    Dead 345 lbs

Recently been doing yoga, i found it helped out in my squats and deadlifts. I have sciatica and pretty bad hip mobility. Chiro and Yoga has helped for sure. Still trying to increase my squat and deads.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

You may see a higher fat loss response by lowering protein somewhat (260g is pretty high for 175lb dude) to around 220g and raise fats to 80g. When I go low carb I rely on a higher fat intake to keep me energized.

Also, cheese.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Why do you eat so much protein? Do you love foamy piss and stinky farts?
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by A790
    You may see a higher fat loss response by lowering protein somewhat (260g is pretty high for 175lb dude) to around 220g and raise fats to 80g. When I go low carb I rely on a higher fat intake to keep me energized.

Also, cheese.
    Cheese isn't for me. Yeah i was contemplating on lowering protein intake as well. Ill play with the carbs first and see how my body reacts before i adjust the protein.

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Not sure why actually. My pee isn't actually foamy. Tell you the truth my farts don't stink. I do take digestive enzymes after every meal though. I'm actually not gassy usually unless after a heavy cheat.

thank you guys for the tips. Always looking to improve!

I also don't calulate the veggies i intake, usually just boiled or microwaved frozen vegetables.

My fibre intake is quite high

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Glueconegenesis? <sp>

My buddy has foamy piss because of kidneys. His kidneys are NOT bad from high protein but from some other issues he's had for years.

Normal bodies benefit from higher protein even if he can't use it to build muscle. The digestive process and breaking it down to glucose (see term above) helps during cutting.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Does anyone find that they actually have MORE strength while cutting? Or is that just a state of mind kind of thing?

I'm cutting hard right now and my macros are:

Calories 1550
    Carbs 90
    Fat 75
    Protein 130

Stats: 5'7
    weight: 155 lbs

Body type: Meso

Trying to get body fat as low enough to get real definition for abs while not losing too much size up top Can't seem to build ANY mass in my calves no matter what lower body I do.

Set a new 1RM on bench just a week ago WHILE cutting...

Current 1RM
    Bench 265 lbs
    Squat 355 lbs (low bar)
    Deadlift 405 lbs

Originally posted by BananaFob
    Does anyone find that they actually have MORE strength while cutting? Or is that just a state of mind kind of thing?

Calories 1550
    Carbs 90
    Fat 75
    Protein 130

Trying to get body fat as low enough to get real definition for abs while not losing too much size up top Can't seem to build ANY mass in my calves no matter what lower body I do.

Current 1RM
    Bench 265 lbs
    Squat 355 lbs (low bar)
    Deadlift 405 lbs
    powerful asian!

mmmm last time i cut drastically i had my macros messed up, i was low carb and low fat yet high protein... i felt i was stronger never tried for 1rms though.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Calories 1550
    Carbs 90
    Fat 75
    Protein 130

Current 1RM
    Bench 265 lbs
    Squat 355 lbs (low bar)
    Deadlift 405 lbs
    You need to gain muscle before you get cutting results. Gaining involves eating 3 times your daily intake of calories otherwise your on a very painfully slow slope to gaining. Bulk then cut

On average you burn 700 calories in the gym for each hour, the body uses roughly 1200-1500 a daily for normal functioning. Your most likely wasting muscle
    Last edited by Milk2%; 09-17-2014 at 04:43 PM.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by Milk2%

You need to gain muscle before you get cutting results. Gaining involves eating 3 times your daily intake of calories otherwise your on a very painfully slow slope to gaining. Bulk then cut
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm bodybuilding, therefore baseball players out lift me at the gym.

Also, I've heard the complete opposite of what you are suggesting many times, I've subscribed to the "be able to see abs first before bulking" theory.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

3x calories, eh? Riiiiiiiiight.

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

What are you talking about by 1rm for those who might not know

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm bodybuilding, therefore baseball players out lift me at the gym.

Also, I've heard the complete opposite of what you are suggesting many times, I've subscribed to the &quot;be able to see abs first before bulking&quot; theory.
    Funny guy. Funny cause its easier to put muscle on with a higher body fat percentage.

Also aiming for 4000 calories a day sounds about right if you're looking to gain as much as possible.....

Your lifts are not even close to impressive
    Last edited by Milk2%; 09-17-2014 at 04:52 PM.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by roll_over
    What are you talking about by 1rm for those who might not know
    One Rep Maximum

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Funny guy. Funny cause its easier to put muscle on with a higher body fat percentage.

Also aiming for 4000 calories a day sounds about right if you're looking to gain as much as possible.....

Your lifts are not even close to impressive
    Lol, in no way did I ever say they were impressive. That being said, I find that the only ones that care about strength numbers are other guys so I'm more than happy with you being unimpressed. Not everyone is training to be or look like a giant Olympic lifter.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Lol, in no way did I ever say they were impressive. That being said, I find that the only ones that care about strength numbers are other guys so I'm more than happy with you being unimpressed. Not everyone is training to be or look like a giant Olympic lifter.
    Yeah cause Liao Hui and Pyrros Dimas are giant guys right? My guess is they fall under your category of looks?

Edit: lets not forget about Lu Xiaojun

Yeah cause Liao Hui and Pyrros Dimas are giant guys right? My guess is they fall under your category of looks?
    If all you are going to do it trash talk maybe you should post up your stats since you keep thumbing your nose at BananaFob for some reason. His lifts are pretty good considering how light he is and I assume not on gear...

He is clear into the advanced category for most of his lifts at his body weight if you look at strength standards.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

If all you are going to do it trash talk maybe you should post up your stats since you keep thumbing your nose at BananaFob for some reason. His lifts are pretty good considering how light he is and I assume not on gear...

He is clear into the advanced category for most of his lifts at his body weight if you look at strength standards.
    Not on gear.

I'm sure his stats are perfectly fine and impressive but he loves to cut other guys down in every fitness thread on beyond. No one really cares how much you can lift is my point.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

How did I cut anyone down. I'm merely giving suggestions that can help your training out. His post suggested an increase of size yet he is calorie deficient, so I gave him a legitimate suggestion.
    Also my numbers don't mean anything if I listed them or not. Not that I would but I can say my squat is close to 3 times bw. I'm close to 10% body fat as well (also no 1/2 squats here. ATG only)
    Last edited by Milk2%; 09-17-2014 at 05:33 PM.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

How did I cut anyone down. I'm merely giving suggestions that can help your training out. Your post suggested an increase of size yet you're calorie deficient, so I gave you a legitimate suggestion.
    Also my numbers don't mean anything if I listed them or not. Not that I would but I can say my squat is close to 3 times bw. I'm close to 10% body fat as well (also no 1/2 squats here. ATG only)
    Where are you reading that I suggested an increase in size? I specifically said I was cutting heavy... When I bulk I'm eating around 3000+ calories a day so I'm not disagreeing with you on bulking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast