Quantcast
Review: Jiffylube @ creekside - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Jiffylube @ creekside

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Default Review: Jiffylube @ creekside

Noticed the posting from a beyonder about hiring a part time guy for the Jiffy Lube. Needed an oil change for my RSX so I thought why not?

Pulled up and all bays were full. Was told it would be between 5-10 mins. 5 Mins later I was in

Kent was the owner or manager? and the beyonder (Don't remember the username).
    Service was quick and staff were friendly. Exactly what you would expect. I asked for Mobil 1 but was asked if I wanted the pennzoil instead as the price was cheaper and performance was about the same.

Price was about $120 (don't have exact number on me) which was what I expected. It was about 20 mins
    Battery, tires, tranny fluid, wash fluid were all checked

If you live in the area and you need a quick no appointment oil change done I would recommend Jiffylube here. I'll continue to bring in my RSX

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I plan to go there next for my Subaru. I like Pennzoil and read lot of good things about the PP and PU.
    Thanks for the review!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Wow, a lube shop that actually does a good job? Blasphemy!

Hmm, sounds like a good place I'll have to check it out
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    G37X

Synthetic change for an RSX is up to $120? Dang.

Would hope they do a good job, that's almost 3x as much as I've paid to have a dealership do it.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

120 for the Pennzoil ultra + performance filter. I think it's worth it to be done in 20 mins instead of booking with the dealership a week in advance and either waiting around all day or deal with their terrible shuttle service

25 mins including the wait without an appointment

To the beyonder that says this is 3x the cost. I doubt your getting full synthetic for $40. Its a 50 dollar upgrade to do synthetic from acura anyways

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 12:30 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Mista Bob
    Would hope they do a good job, that's almost 3x as much as I've paid to have a dealership do it.
    lol it wasn't synthetic then. For my car with synthetic it's $180
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

Default Re: Review: Jiffylube @ creekside

Originally posted by Asian_defender
    Noticed the posting from a beyonder about hiring a part time guy for the Jiffy Lube. Needed an oil change for my RSX so I thought why not?

Pulled up and all bays were full. Was told it would be between 5-10 mins. 5 Mins later I was in

Kent was the owner or manager? and the beyonder (Don't remember the username).
    Service was quick and staff were friendly. Exactly what you would expect. I asked for Mobil 1 but was asked if I wanted the pennzoil instead as the price was cheaper and performance was about the same.

Price was about $120 (don't have exact number on me) which was what I expected. It was about 20 mins
    Battery, tires, tranny fluid, wash fluid were all checked

If you live in the area and you need a quick no appointment oil change done I would recommend Jiffylube here. I'll continue to bring in my RSX

Thanks for the great review, it was nice meeting you!

For any other beyonders planning to come make sure you ask for the beyond discount, 10% off!

My Ride
    Blue boy

Apparently, I'm in the wrong business. I should open up one of these

As a side note, lots of fast lube shops AND dealerships will allow you to bring in your own
    oil and oil filter if you want... you can save a lot of money if you just buy your stuff on sale
    and get them to use it.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    You can get a synthetic oil change at a Honda dealers for ~$60. The dino oil is ~$40 (or 22.99 if you buy the car there usually).

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Jeezus we charge $120+tax for synthetic on the GS...

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I have been there a few times and always gotten great service, they have worked on my 4Runner, my IS and some previous cars. Last time I was there I made sure to ask for the beyond discount and got it no questions asked.

^ There is a beyond discount at this Jiffy Lube?! Dammit haha I take my M35x there all the time.

One thing though - every tech (except for this one guy that I don't see there anymore) always has trouble putting the dipstick in my M back in. It annoys me every time I see them messing around. I find them decent overall - don't take long to do an oil change - I do full synthetic as well.

My one issue at this place is that the last time, this one tech that was checking my tire pressure...was using a regular old $1 gas station air pressure gauge... and told me the pressure was about right at 35psi - when I told him my TPMS shows 32 or 31 psi for all 4 tires, he told me my TPMS is probably wrong because of the wet weather and his gauge was correct

Mind you my only other oil shop experience was a Mr. Lube on Macleod when I had my 1990 240sx back in 2007 - no complains there either.

Main reason I like this JiffyLube is because its super close to my place and I have never had to wait. I pay about $120 for full synthetic as well. I got the 'performance' filter once but don't see the reason to pay an extra $20.

Overall I also recommend this place and I like the techs here too.

My Ride
    4x4

This ones been my goto for a while now... Damnit actually I need to go bug him again

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

Originally posted by avishal26
    ^ There is a beyond discount at this Jiffy Lube?! Dammit haha I take my M35x there all the time.

One thing though - every tech (except for this one guy that I don't see there anymore) always has trouble putting the dipstick in my M back in. It annoys me every time I see them messing around. I find them decent overall - don't take long to do an oil change - I do full synthetic as well.

My one issue at this place is that the last time, this one tech that was checking my tire pressure...was using a regular old $1 gas station air pressure gauge... and told me the pressure was about right at 35psi - when I told him my TPMS shows 32 or 31 psi for all 4 tires, he told me my TPMS is probably wrong because of the wet weather and his gauge was correct

Mind you my only other oil shop experience was a Mr. Lube on Macleod when I had my 1990 240sx back in 2007 - no complains there either.

Main reason I like this JiffyLube is because its super close to my place and I have never had to wait. I pay about $120 for full synthetic as well. I got the 'performance' filter once but don't see the reason to pay an extra $20.

Overall I also recommend this place and I like the techs here too.

Thanks, I like hearing feedback both positive and negative, I will talk to my guys about this!

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by sneek

You can get a synthetic oil change at a Honda dealers for ~$60. The dino oil is ~$40 (or 22.99 if you buy the car there usually).
    The $60 at Honda dealers isn't full synthetic, it's a semi synthetic oil. You're looking at least $100+ for full synthetic. That's what the service advisor told me the last time I went in for servicing.

Last edited by know1edge; 02-06-2021 at 10:31 PM.

When I need my oil changed I go to this place really close by. Pull in and get the oil changed. I get to pick the oil I want and filter name too.
    They let me leave the car there overnight as well.
    Cost is the price of the oil and filter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast