Quantcast
2015 C63 AMG & C63 AMG S Where numbers have nothing to do wtih displacement - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 C63 AMG & C63 AMG S Where numbers have nothing to do wtih displacement

My Ride
    Grimace

Default 2015 C63 AMG & C63 AMG S Where numbers have nothing to do wtih displacement

Details have now been leaked about the 2015 C63 AMG/AMG S which I know lots of have been waiting to see.
    Same engine as AMG GT. Extra power is always good. Like the rumors, no 4matic on this model.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11409238...aled--detailed
    First up, the C63 AMG has an aggressive body kit that includes sportier bumpers, aerodynamic side skirts and a rear diffuser which is flanked by a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system. The car also has a power-dome hood, an AMG-branded grille and 18-inch lightweight alloy wheels.

The sporty styling continues in the cabin as the model boasts leather / microfiber sport seats, a flat-bottomed steering wheel and stainless steel pedals. Drivers will also find themselves surrounded by an ARTICO-wrapped dashboard, aluminum trim and a black headliner. Other notable highlights include an AMG-specific instrument cluster, illuminated front door sill plates and AMG-branded floor mats.

Power is provided by a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine that develops 475 PS (350 kW) and 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a seven-speed AMG Speedshift transmission which enables the sedan to rocket from 0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds, before hitting an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).

Speaking of performance, the C63 AMG is equipped with an AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with three-stage adjustable dampers. The car also has an AMG speed-sensitive sports steering system and internally ventilated and perforated brake discs that measure 360mm front / 330mm rear.

The C63 AMG S kicks things up a notch as it has high gloss black accents and black flics on the front bumper. The model also gains composite brakes and 19-inch lightweight alloy wheels. The high-performance variant also has dynamic engine mounts, an electronic locking rear differential and revised front and rear axles.

Under the hood, there's a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 engine that develops 510 PS (375 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque. Thanks to the extra oomph, the C63 AMG S runs from 0-100 km/h in 4.1 seconds before topping out at an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
    Last edited by schocker; 09-23-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 04:02 PM.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds

Seems kind of slow for a car in this price range
    I would say it would be tested faster than that, manufacturer numbers are usually pretty conservative. Looks like it is time for Audi to bring us an RS4/RS5 w/ 4.0TT from the S6 to compete with the B9's!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 04:02 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds

Seems kind of slow for a car in this price range
    Tire limited man. 255's lol.

Throw some bigger tires and it'll be below 4.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I'm just not digging the MB approach of fitting what looks to be an ipad on the dash. It just doesn't look integrated. Rest of the interior looks good though.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Nice! I wonder how tunable these engines are, what is the stock psi they are running on these turbos?

Will definitely miss the old 6.2 V8's rumble though, always loved that sound.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by heavyD
    I'm just not digging the MB approach of fitting what looks to be an ipad on the dash. It just doesn't look integrated. Rest of the interior looks good though.
    but that seems to be the trend. It must be significant cost/spacing savings.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Looks decent, interested to see what the front bumper will look like as well as the future comparisons with the F80/F82 M3/M4

I absolutely hate the interior afterthought screen as well, but otherwise it looks awesome. Inexcusable on an all-new model not to have it either integrated or retracting. Best looking C so far for sure. Hopefully they make an "S" with 4-matic! I suspect all variants break into the 3's for 0-60.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That's a nice blue.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

The previous C63 technically didn't have a matching displacement to model name either.

People have been complaining about BMW for a while messing up their numbers but they explained the numbers are roughly meant to show what kind of power you can expect not what displacement it is.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by heavyD
    I figured it out. When they signed up for apple carplay, they were confused and thought it meant that needed to install an ipad mini into everyyyy mercedes

Originally posted by Aleks
    The previous C63 technically didn't have a matching displacement to model name either.

People have been complaining about BMW for a while messing up their numbers but they explained the numbers are roughly meant to show what kind of power you can expect not what displacement it is.
    It was pretty close though
    This is why Johan de Nysschen is heading around to every car company to change their model names

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by A2VR6
    Looks decent, interested to see what the front bumper will look like as well as the future comparisons with the F80/F82 M3/M4

Following borrowed from mbworld thread:

Even more here:

http://jalopnik.com/2015-mercedes-be...p-5-1638185389

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

This is faptastic!

great seats

My Ride
    Grimace

Is the front you posted with the red the edition 1? That wagon though
    Will we get any wagon at all in the C?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by schocker

I would say it would be tested faster than that, manufacturer numbers are usually pretty conservative. Looks like it is time for Audi to bring us an RS4/RS5 w/ 4.0TT from the S6 to compete with the B9's!
    S6's number is actually pretty low. You mean RS6.

A return of RS4 Estate with that engine would be awesome.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Sheer hotness just exploded in this thread.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Dam this thing will walk a normal W204 C63 at altitude. Same HP as the new SLS replacement whatever its called. AMG GT?

Nice seats for sure! Those look like CLA45 seats. Overall the car looks good. Modern. Not as aggressive as the last gen i think tho. Also could they not have made the engine look a bit better? Too much black plastic.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by Aleks

Actually I dont think they are allowed to advertise the engine as a 6.2L because the engine displacement of the M156 is 6208cc. This is greater than 6.2L. Thats why its a 6.3

Same thing with the S2000 Ap2. Its only a 2157cc not a 2.2L

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast