Quantcast
Calgary to Singapore, Thailand, or The Philippines from $716 roundtrip + tax!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calgary to Singapore, Thailand, or The Philippines from $716 roundtrip + tax!!

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Calgary to Singapore, Thailand, or The Philippines from $716 roundtrip + tax!!

I wish this was around last month before I went there! This is just crazy!

There are some pretty crazy prices showing from Calgary to a few Southeast Asia hub cities on Delta at the moment.

The cheapest verified prices I've seen so far are...

(roundtrip, including taxes)

Calgary to Singapore (SIN) - $716 CAD
    (this is a new record for the cheapest flight I've ever seen from Calgary to Singapore, shattering the old record, set in 2011, by nearly $200)

Calgary to Manila, Philippines (MNL) - $723 CAD
    (this is also a new record, shattering the old record from 2011 by $170)

Calgary to Bankgkok, Thailand (BKK) - $825 CAD
    (also a new record, besting the $896 flights that showed up in 2011)

How to find and book these flights...

1. Start by searching with Google Flights Explore. Set the destination as 'Southeast Asia' or to one of the three cities listed above (Singapore, Manila, or Bangkok)

Also be sure to set the Trip Length to 10-14 days.

Note that Google Flights Explore displays prices in $USD.

2. Look for cheap date combinations. Write them down.

3. Take those date combinations and the destination involved and enter them into Kayak.

From Kayak, hit the Select button to take you to a place where they can be booked. So far I've had the best luck with clicking through from Kayak to the Delta Airlines website.

You can also try just searching directly on Delta.com, but it's usually easier to use Kayak to play around with date combinations and flight times.

http://www.yycdeals.com/calgary-to-s...ncluding-taxes

My Ride
    rally pig

saw that, wish i had more vacations days available

what exact dates would these be?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I wish I had the cash to take the family. I LOVE that area.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That's ridiculous. We just sent my father in law back to the Philippines and paid more than that ONE WAY.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by taemo
    what exact dates would these be?
    it'll show you in a bar graph when you goto the flight explore page

My Ride
    rally pig

damn.. ~700 to SG or Thailand would be awesome in November or early Dec

Crazy price

How is the weather in Singapore during Nov-Dec, I'm guessing fairly wet? Debating on booking a month long trip to SG and checking out Thailand for a few days with the cheap flights they have there.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Xamim
    How is the weather in Singapore during Nov-Dec, I'm guessing fairly wet? Debating on booking a month long trip to SG and checking out Thailand for a few days with the cheap flights they have there.
    I was in Singapore from December 8-20, 2010. It wasn't very wet, but very humid (I believe it's humid year round). There was only some rain, and even when it did rain, it only happened on a few occasions and only for 20-30 minutes each time.

I met a few people from Singapore during my travels in June. When I told them I had visited their country for 12 days they said that that was 9 days too long

My Ride
    Has 5 wheels.

Originally posted by Xamim
    it rains pretty much every day. but it's sunny most days until about 3 or 4 pm.

I can't take any holidays until april. but bought round trip to singapore on ANA (i hate delta) for 850. have got friends there so it's gonna be base camp for songkran in bkk and a quick trip to Philippines

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

I was in Singapore from December 8-20, 2010. It wasn't very wet, but very humid (I believe it's humid year round). There was only some rain, and even when it did rain, it only happened on a few occasions and only for 20-30 minutes each time.

I met a few people from Singapore during my travels in June. When I told them I had visited their country for 12 days they said that that was 9 days too long

Originally posted by wintonyk

it rains pretty much every day. but it's sunny most days until about 3 or 4 pm.

I can't take any holidays until april. but bought round trip to singapore on ANA (i hate delta) for 850. have got friends there so it's gonna be base camp for songkran in bkk and a quick trip to Philippines
    After thinking about it some more last night, I might do the main trip to Thailand. Would be cheaper to stay there in the long run. A few of my friends also told me that 3 days in Singapore is plenty. So I'm just going to go take advantage of the cheap flights there and go visit several places while having the main base somewhere in Thailand. Also, would love to go to Abu Dhabi for the last race of the season.

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S

Thinking that I'm booking flights tonight with a few friends for a few weeks in Thailand next April and hitting Cambodia for a few days in there as well. I've never really traveled to SE Asia, so I was wondering what a realistic daily budget is in Thailand? I know it's extremely cheap, and will cost no where near what a few weeks in Iceland just ran me, but could anyone with recent experience there enlighten me? Thanks!

My Ride
    K20A2

Originally posted by Phl0xed
    Thinking that I'm booking flights tonight with a few friends for a few weeks in Thailand next April and hitting Cambodia for a few days in there as well. I've never really traveled to SE Asia, so I was wondering what a realistic daily budget is in Thailand? I know it's extremely cheap, and will cost no where near what a few weeks in Iceland just ran me, but could anyone with recent experience there enlighten me? Thanks!
    i just got back from Thailand Malaysia and Singapore . Thailand is super cheap but you can spend a bit more if you want like steak or seafood. I ate some days like a 1$ meals noodles soup like pho and deep fried wonton at like the street markets. but if you go to like restaurants by the beach or anything place with air cond budget about $10-15 a meal no drinks. you will have awesome time there hope it helps if you need anything pm as i just got back from SE Asia last week ps go to full moon party its awesome
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    Axis powers

prices are even lower today, wish I had enough vacation dammit
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    TSX

If I were to split my trip between Singapore & Malaysia, which place is it better to fly to first? I would be taking the train between visiting the two countries.

i really liked singapore. within an hour of us landing, we went for some chicken rice LOL.

you guys should check out boracay or palawan in the philippines. i think november is still considered as low season, so the prices won't be as high. shopping is really good as well since the currency in the philippines is lower than thailand, singapore and malaysia.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Speed_69
    If I were to split my trip between Singapore & Malaysia, which place is it better to fly to first? I would be taking the train between visiting the two countries.
    I've done this from Johor to S'pore with the MRT (across the causeway it's like a 30-45 min drive by taxi depending on traffic jam to give you an idea of the time). I'd say goto M'sia first, buy all the cheap stuff you want and all that nonsense from PJ in KL then goto S'pore since their dollar is pretty close to ours, generally more expensive there overall vs M'sia.

A word of advice with Air Asia for anyone travelling inter-Asia, they are no-frills, I found this out the hard way when I went, you only get 20kg baggage limit, you have to either purchase another 20kg online or at a sales booth like 4 hours before the flight at the very least, they're cheap as hell but at a cost. Also if you're using Air Asia even for international flights out of Malaysia, be sure you goto LCCT(KLIA2) terminal and not the actual KLIA - it's like a 10 minute drivefrom KLIA, so many times we almost missed our flights because of not knowing that in East and West M'sia.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    you guys should check out boracay or palawan in the philippines.
    Palawan > Boracay for someone at my age. Boracay is just too commercial now with all the vendors, and their night life isn't really THAT great anyway.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by Kloubek

Palawan > Boracay for someone at my age. Boracay is just too commercial now with all the vendors, and their night life isn't really THAT great anyway.
    I can't say anything for Palawan as I haven't been (yet) but I found Boracay too commericalized, everyone was selling the same thing, prices were fairly high for anything being purchased, the night life was terrible and my wife and I got such crap service everywhere we went until they found out we were married (we didn't bring our rings), then their attitudes changed

my wife and i spent our honeymoon in palawan. it was just so relaxing and gorgeous. i thought boracay is OK...touristy, for sure.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast