Quantcast
What's your favorite city in Asia? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's your favorite city in Asia?

My Ride
    K20A2

phuket was pretty fun for me
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Shanghai was a blast and awesome for dumplings and noodles. It is a relatively clean and modern city with ancient stuff nearby. You can go explore for a while and still have stuff left to do. People are nice enough and Chinese stuff is cheap. Imports (foreign restaurants, etc) will still be roughly the same price as in Canada. But if you do local things, it's dirt cheap. Hotels are awesome and inexpensive, same with subway and taxi's. 5 star hotel for ~$100 CAD / night. Excellent room service breakfast turned out to be $20 CAD w/ generous tip in. The city itself is modern enough to not have stereotypical mainlanders shitting and spitting all over the place. But if you hop on a bus and go outside a bit, you can find that no problem if you like.

Nanjing Road Pedestrian Walk by Wilson Hui, on Flickr

Zhu Jia Jiao Water Village by Wilson Hui, on Flickr

Chinese Street Food Vendor by Wilson Hui, on Flickr
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Singapore.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Vang Vieng. I didn't want to leave the place. Dirt cheap, tons of awesome partying (nothing for clubs though), awesome people, super relaxed atmosphere everywhere you go, tubing in the river there is tons of fun with hot broads everywhere and if you want to go explore caves or forests there's tons of options for that.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    Ram

Originally posted by jampack
    Singapore.

As stated before, highly recommend Japan. If you end up in Japan and are white try to get on a TV show...easier then you would think. Also, if you are white you will have your pick of the litter when it comes to women. They will be all over you! Seriously cannot go wrong with Japan for culture, hilarious random shit everywhere, women , partying safety and fun! I stayed in guest houses and a few traditional ryokans and they were great. The guest houses were good for the partying side as I travelled alone and could always grab a few ppl to go drinking with at night. I would actually recommend going to the areas yakuza are known for. I accidentally wandered into a bar apparantly owned by them and had a great time. Ended up playing pool and drinking with some tatted up guys who were quite open stating they were Yakuza and they were actually nice guys. They said Japan is extremely safe and they never target civilians or tourists randomly. Could go on about the stories from Japan as I travelled for about 30 days there....epic place!

I suggested Bangkok because everyone needs to see it! It is insane the amount of trouble you can get in there which also makes it fun for a young person. Be aware though that crime on tourists happens quite often here....don't be dumb and you should be fine though. Word of advice from something that happened to my friend I was with...don't ever buy a hot girl a drink if she approaches you in a bar and asks for one. You will end up with a big Nigerian guy saying you owe the place $200+ US as she ordered their "special" drink.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

I'd have to say Singapore, clean, amazing food, great nightlife etc. Could maybe even be a bit better after I brush up on my Mandarin.

Nitty and gritty (biased) 2nd choice I'd have to say KK.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Type_S1

I suggested Bangkok because everyone needs to see it! It is insane the amount of trouble you can get in there which also makes it fun for a young person. Be aware though that crime on tourists happens quite often here....don't be dumb and you should be fine though. Word of advice from something that happened to my friend I was with...don't ever buy a hot girl a drink if she approaches you in a bar and asks for one. You will end up with a big Nigerian guy saying you owe the place $200+ US as she ordered their "special" drink.
    Is 'special drink' codeword for 'penis'?
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Pattaya.. If you're a horny bastard..

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

If you have to stay in one city in Japan for a longer period of time it's Tokyo hands down. Tokyo is unbelievably huge and incredibly diverse. You can get on a subway and when the doors open again you are in a different world. Harajuku for crazy fashion, Akihabara for electronics and anime, Tokyo proper for the palace, Shinjuku and Shibuya for the gardens and downtown life.

Kyoto is cool for ancient Japan, and Hiroshima is fascinating as well. You could explore them much more quickly than Tokyo though, which could take weeks.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Tokyo is a trip on its' own. Barely scratched the surface when I went there.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Cars, trucks, bikes

Have been to many (leaving for a 3 week Asia trip soon)...Tokyo hands down!!

We've visited Tokyo every year for the past 4 years as one of our mini-getaway trips and stay in different districts every year (Shinjuku this visit).

We always designate one day for car-related stuff comprising of visits to Super Autobacs, Type One, Tokyo Megaweb, and definitely UpGarage's (large, used aftermarket parts stores).

Being 6'4, the only downside are the tiny hotel rooms...we have yet to fork out big $$ for the NA sized rooms at Park Hyatt lol. The direct flights are definitely an incentive as well!
    Last edited by carzcraz; 10-02-2014 at 10:18 PM.
    Current Line-up…

Honda S2000
    FK8 Type R
    OG Mercedes Benz
    5th Gen T4R
    Lexus RX 350
    Ducati Streetfighter
    Modded Honda Grom

^

Do you actually buy any parts and ship them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2