Hey guys,

I'm the guitarist for TRRB (www.facebook.com/rondelmusic) and we are nominated for an Obsidian Award. We were nominated for a Black Gold Award for best new band last year but lost to an Edmonton's tenured band "Souljah Fiyah". This year, we are up against a. A reggae band from GP b. a reggae cover band from here and a c. Steel Drum Orchestra.

Here is a sample of what we do.

www.soundcloud.com/rondelmusic

We are booked at Voodoo Lounge this Friday. We have been working hard. In fact we are booked solid at Calgary's most popular music venues into January.

We are an original band that covers songs by our collective influences ranging from 90 grunge to Motown, funk to 60's reggae and hip hop, rnb and neo soul. It's something that Alberta hasn't put on yet but it's influenced by our provinces sound in its own regard (tube amps, Fender guitars etc).

We have gathered each of our 613 LIKES on Facebook by gigging and mentioning our page ever so often. We don't like to spam for support and now we are pretty behind on this competition because of it. We try to maintain the integrity of our Facebook page because we post about shows and the albums progress to interested parties somewhat frequently.

I was hoping you guys could channel your inner bot and vote for us on all your devices, every 24 hours and maybe LIKE our Facebook page if you dig the recordings on soundcloud. It's a three click process.

The voting system gives you a result in %. I need us to be close to the others so I need all of you.

I am the guy who had his entire board stolen outside The Unicorn this Saturday and I'm working on putting a new one together. Although I'm in terms with the loss, I know that winning this competition will bring back some lost optimism. Here is the link.

www.obsidianawards.ca/vote

Scroll about one quarter down and our category is right there.

Thanks for you help. I have tenure here. My old username was brownskind (I'm EI and I was influenced by D'Angelo's Brown Sugar and Brownskin by India Arie and the movie Brown Sugar back then). Three years ago, I quit a 9 year job at TELUS to pursue a career in music. I am in deep and each vote you cast is going to a deserving band. We are proud to be from Calgary and need our city to stand behind us. Cheers,

J