Quantcast
What is the big difference between a 2 channel or 4 channel? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What is the big difference between a 2 channel or 4 channel?

Red face What is the big difference between a 2 channel or 4 channel?

Ok, I want a Kick Ass System for my Summer Car. What is the big difference between a 4 channel amp or a 2 channel amp? And what about the Watts.. does it really make a difference?

I know a 4 channel amp you can bridge out two speakers and a sub.. but won't that sound kind of shitty??? But any power difference between the 4 channel compare to a 2 channel???

so guys what should i get to get my moblie in nigga mode.... I def. want a dope high watt amp.. should i get a 1000 Watt 2 channel or would a 750 etc be fine enought??? Sears has the Sony Xplode 1000 watt 2 channel on sale for $150.... what about the Sub.. what watts should i get for that???

Yes i do have a cheezy system i am working on right now for 4 X 4 (it's my winter ride) , but i'm just playing around with that and learning from it.. but my sports car I'm going to really hook it up with quality shitz.. Thanks for your help!!

2 channel puts out 2 different channels i.e; 2 speakers
    4 channel puts out 4 signals i.e: 4 speakers

correct me if I am wrong

This should put you closer to "nigga stylez"

My Ride
    2002 Acura 1.7EL

You may not want to make a purchase purely on the number of watts an amp has. I've heard that some manufacturers have a much higher rating than others but really, they output the same thing. Better to go with quality. From what I hear, ideally go 1 channel per speaker. If you are running 4 speakers in the car and 2 subs, probably go with a 4 channel amp for your speakers and then a 2 channel amp for your two subs. Cheaper solution might be to go with a 4 channel amp only. Run two channels to the front speakers and the other two channels to the subs. Your rear speakers are left to run off the deck. You can get away with this since your subs will probably mute out your rear speakers.

Go check out Audio Concepts and talk to one of the guys there. They can give you some advice.

GSR Zero is right... The high end amps are actually underrated for competition purposes. So a high end 2Ohm-500Wrms amp might actually be good for 2Ohm-600Wrms...

My Ride
    91 Nissan 240sx Fastback

why not just go with a mono amp and set up a good wiring diagram i say mono amps are best choise any way ya go
    So your honda has 1.6 liters? My Coke has 2.0
    -JSmith

Originally posted by NV_JSmith
    why not just go with a mono amp and set up a good wiring diagram i say mono amps are best choise any way ya go
    Depends on what you plan to do with the amp. If its just one sub you're gonna power, then yes a mono block would be the best.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    91 Nissan 240sx Fastback

um no, single sub off mono amp =nubbish, 2 4 ohm DVC subs would drop 1 ohm on the amp wired right when it could be 2 4 ohm DVC on 2 channels and drop 2 ohms each channel not makin the amp push as hard, sumone correct me if i'm rong
    So your honda has 1.6 liters? My Coke has 2.0
    -JSmith