Quantcast
Do you participate in phone surveys? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Do you participate in phone surveys?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Do you participate in phone surveys?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys participate in phone surveys when one calls you up? Would you say:

A) All of the time,
    B) Some of the time, or
    C) Get me off this damn calling list!

I just got off the phone with a vaccination survey who has been trying to reach me for the last 3 weeks (I genuinely kept missing the call) and it got me wondering how often people participate.

Generally speaking I almost always participate if they catch me at time when I can answer the questions and if I feel if the general public can benefit from my responses (assuming the call isn't market research for a product they are developing). I've participated in calls about vaccinations, radio and television usage, internet usage, and bike paths/city recreation, and I know there's a few others that aren't coming to mind right now. One time I got a call for a survey and they compensated for my airtime usage by sending me a crumpled fiver in the mail even though it was just 2 minutes long and it was during my free minutes haha

I made a bunch of money doing surveys & interviews when I was going to school. U of C research was doing some long term followup stuff and surprised the hell out of me with a birthday card, long after the trials were supposedly concluded; creepy.

I can't be bothered to answer surveys anymore, not worth the time.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Do you participate in phone surveys?

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Generally speaking I almost always participate if they catch me at time when I can answer the questions and if I feel if the general public can benefit from my responses (assuming the call isn't market research for a product they are developing).
    This sums it up for me as well. Although I rarely pick up the phone on a number I don't know these days, so haven't actually done one in awhile.

This thread should've been a poll lol

I get a ton of these haha I usually just block the numbers once I answer and find out it's a survey,

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Fuck no. "You can be entered to win $500!!"...... yeah against 10,000 other people that were dumb enough to spend quality minutes answering a barrage of idiotic questions? Oh okay, totally sounds worth it
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 04:22 PM.

My Ride
    POS

I used to have call back 10 customers per week for customer service reviews. So if it's a company I currently deal with I will do the survey cause I know nobody does this type of job because they want to. If it's a random survey that I have no association with I just hang up.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    My standard answer

"Sorry, I don't do 3rd party surveys"

I do the:

"No Speak English" In a horrible accent.

Appears to work as Telus has stopped calling us.

I lived with an individual who worked at a call centre before, and he told me that if there are communication issues (i.e. the no speak english) they make a note on the account and don't bother calling again as they can't communicate with the caller.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Default Re: Re: Do you participate in phone surveys?

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

This sums it up for me as well. Although I rarely pick up the phone on a number I don't know these days, so haven't actually done one in awhile.
    I find it way worse to ignore because then I always get the tail end of their bullshit on my voicemail.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Audi

B.

From participating in a radio survey years ago, my family was invited to participate in an ongoing radio/TV survey that pays monthly. Been doing it for 5 years or so.

Did a Rogers customer sat survey once and they sent me $200 in Visa gift cards.