Quantcast
Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves

My Ride
    dad van

Originally posted by lilmira
    It's even worse when you have to reorganize the bills from the bank machine. WTF is this shit!? Don't they hire people to do that at the bank?
    They actually pay people to mix them up. With the new bills if they are all stacked the same way it will jam the ATM.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I fucking hate it when people come to work sick... Or I goto a restaurant and the person serving my food is sick.

Last time I walked right outta BP's after getting served my drink cause the bitch was sick as fuck. didn't pay, didn't say a word, I just walked right out.

And even though I loved eating at Golden Bell across from Chinook, the last time I was there, the server was sick, served our food, and then both me and my GF were sick on our vacation 2 days later, essentially ruined our vacation, because the bitch isn't smart enough to realize she shouldn't be coming into work, serving people when shes got a flu.

Next time I see anyone sick coming into work in the food industry, i'm gonna make a big scene outta it.

Mmmm what else has been pissing me off lately. Oh yea.

My neighbor across from my bedroom in my back yard has been building his garage for the last 3 fucking years.... normal sized 24 x 26 garage, has taken this fucking asshole 3 years already, and hes still not done... Now I normally wouldn't care... But this guy thinks its normal to start working on this thing every Saturday and Sunday morning at 6;00, sometimes even as early as 5:30 in the morning. And its loud! every time! effectively waking me up every time. Last time he woke me at 5:30 I shouted asshole at him and slammed my windows.

But heres the kicker... He stops work right around 1;00... so he doesn't work the entire day, no no he wants to be the biggest asshole on our block, wants to wake everyone up early, and then never works into the afternoon. This has been going on every weekend now for 3 years, and I'm sure I have another summer left, i'm sure.

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 10:12 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by know1edge

last person I remember that called in sick at a restaurant got fired. there are no sick days in that industry
    You want to flip out on someone, don't do it to the poor server who's already feeling like shit, talk to the manager and then ask him/her why they aren't sending their staff home with pay.

My Ride
    Lease

Grown men who "finger pecks" eating muffins. Like peck at their muffin a nipple at a time, tilt head back, and sprinkle over their mouth. It's a damn fuckin muffin and you're a grown asss man, just finish it with 3 bites.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    You want to flip out on someone, don't do it to the poor server who's already feeling like shit, talk to the manager and then ask him/her why they aren't sending their staff home with pay.

I'm laughing because what you've mentioned is completely reasonable. However, the service industry is considered bottom-barrel by everybody: the customers don't want to pay higher prices (to justify paying the server more), the restaurants all think that their staff are replaceable, and the server typically cannot afford to miss shifts because they are usually broke, don't have benefits, don't have any kind of salary/sick pay/etc.

It's pretty no-win to be honest.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by InRich
    I fucking hate it when people come to work sick... Or I goto a restaurant and the person serving my food is sick.

Last time I walked right outta BP's after getting served my drink cause the bitch was sick as fuck. didn't pay, didn't say a word, I just walked right out.

And even though I loved eating at Golden Bell across from Chinook, the last time I was there, the server was sick, served our food, and then both me and my GF were sick on our vacation 2 days later, essentially ruined our vacation, because the bitch isn't smart enough to realize she shouldn't be coming into work, serving people when shes got a flu.

Next time I see anyone sick coming into work in the food industry, i'm gonna make a big scene outta it.
    You picked the right thread, this SHOULDN'T be a pet peeve.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

My biggest pet peeve is when people use the radio knob to adjust the volume in my car. I have audio volume controls on the steering wheel so the little line on the knob points in the wrong direction - I like it to stay vertical.
    When my husband drives my car it's always left in an odd direction so then I have to turn the knob to vertical and then use my buttons to lower the volume to my liking.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Adults who call Tim Hortons "Timmies". Fuckin yuck.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by nickyh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My biggest pet peeve is when people use the radio knob to adjust the volume in my car. I have audio volume controls on the steering wheel so the little line on the knob points in the wrong direction - I like it to stay vertical.
    When my husband drives my car it's always left in an odd direction so then I have to turn the knob to vertical and then use my buttons to lower the volume to my liking.
    Like above, I'm glad you posted in the SHOULDN'T be a peeve thread hahaha This level of OCD insanity cannot be blamed on anyone else!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

When people are driving off of one major road to another, have their own lane, but IMMEDIATELY merge into the next lane anyways, usually cutting someone off in the process. Particularly from S/B Deerfoot to W/B Glenmore.

I mean, it totally helps me because then I can zoom past them without changing lanes myself, but there's no reason why anyone should do this and I shake my head every time.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    When people are driving off of one major road to another, have their own lane, but IMMEDIATELY merge into the next lane anyways, usually cutting someone off in the process. Particularly from S/B Deerfoot to W/B Glenmore.

I mean, it totally helps me because then I can zoom past them without changing lanes myself, but there's no reason why anyone should do this and I shake my head every time.
    Yeah, that's a bad move. I've seen some people do this, but if I can, I'll actually move over into the left lane so that it's easier for joe truck driver or ? to merge safely. At the very least, it makes them aware that I've acknowledged their presence on the highway.

My Ride
    Has wheels

1 ply instead of 2 ply at work. Nonsense.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^and you have to pull that at the perfect speed and angle or you're making confetti one piece at a time. 2-ply is a dick too when you go to tear it off and the last 2-3 perforations don't break, instead it tears vertically leaving a dangler for the next wipe.

The bathrooms at Tim Hortons are going down to half ply, and you're going to have to pay to use them

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, makes me feel a little less OCD and crazy.

I decided to add one as it just came up and it is partly a pet peeve, but more so something I just don't get:

Saying things like "oh my god", "jesus", or "jesus christ" as a swear or expression similar to "holy shit" like at the start of this thread: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/406...-in-the-world!

Now it doesn't really bother me, but I don't see how it makes any sense. So if you believe in Jesus/God, I assume you would obey the commandment about not taking the lords name in vain in which case, you wouldn't say it in that context. And if you don't believe in God, then saying it makes no more sense than saying "unicorn that is crazy!". Do people say mohammed or alla in the same context (ie: "fucking mohammed that is crazy"). I doubt is since you can't draw a pic of mohammed without getting death treats lol. I just don't get why it is used so frequently, makes no sense.

FYI I am not offended if you use it, but because I find it pointless it is a bit of a pet peeve. I just am surprised it is so wide spread. Please tell me I am not the only one!

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post

That merge is actually shit (coming off DF and onto westbound Glenmore). The problem with that is you have to slow down coming off Deefoot because the designer made the road look pretty on paper doing the wavy curve. I have to slow down in my CRV as I would fly off the road. This leads to the next problem.
    As I join Glenmore I have to get out of that lane as its the turn for Blackfoot north. My car is not up to speed. Cars are whizzing past me on the left merging infront of me then slowing down, not even that. That road is not big enough to accelerate up to speed. At the same time I have it floored to get it up to speed to match the traffic on Glenmore. Its a impossible to do and im thrashing it.

Its a weird scenario of trying to speed up to match the speed of traffic where there is not enough road.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    I just am surprised it is so wide spread.
    It's called blasphemy.

the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
    Considering most of western civilization is based around judeo-christian values/belief systems, using god's name in vain, even if you don't believe, was (and still is to a lot of people) incredibly insulting. It's like the holiday Christmas. To lots (most?) people nowadays, its just a holiday. Just like saying "jesus christ!" about something isn't really about jesus, more so its just another "swear". What's the difference between calling someone a "dumb-f*&k" or a "stupid-shit". F*&k and shit don't in any way describe a person, but it means something.

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast