Quantcast
Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, makes me feel a little less OCD and crazy.

I decided to add one as it just came up and it is partly a pet peeve, but more so something I just don't get:

Saying things like "oh my god", "jesus", or "jesus christ" as a swear or expression similar to "holy shit" like at the start of this thread: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/406...-in-the-world!

Now it doesn't really bother me, but I don't see how it makes any sense. So if you believe in Jesus/God, I assume you would obey the commandment about not taking the lords name in vain in which case, you wouldn't say it in that context. And if you don't believe in God, then saying it makes no more sense than saying "unicorn that is crazy!". Do people say mohammed or alla in the same context (ie: "fucking mohammed that is crazy"). I doubt is since you can't draw a pic of mohammed without getting death treats lol. I just don't get why it is used so frequently, makes no sense.

FYI I am not offended if you use it, but because I find it pointless it is a bit of a pet peeve. I just am surprised it is so wide spread. Please tell me I am not the only one!
    I was raised Christian and this bothers me too, plus I just find it obnoxious when I hear chicks in particular go "Jeeeesis."

I do say "Goddaammit" sometimes though but more as a word that fits my mood by how it sounds...

My Ride
    '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom

This is the "Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves" thread, thank you.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10