Quantcast
Tesla D - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla D

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Volvo has been reading speed signs since 2013 in the V40, S60 and V60. Unlike the Tesla D, it's actually on the road.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/215912/v...on-technology/

I don't think supe realizes that this is just an announcement, and not general availability.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by supe

Does it lane change? Can it read speed signs? Oh... right.
    The M235i can lane change sideways . 90% of the sensors used are on the production car

And the car can read any kind of traffic sign.

So bmw has done it, mercedes has done it. How exactly is this Tesla being innovative?

Also can someone explain to me why you can't use an electric motor with conventional differentials? Do they do it just because they can? (Ir not needing the motors in the engine bay)

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by killramos

So bmw has done it, mercedes has done it. How exactly is this Tesla being innovative?

Hmm, just like Apple.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, there's nothing new with self driving cars. Technology has advanced way ahead of regulations.

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/...01610/+barrett

Musk says that Tesla is still five to six years away from a true, self-driving car. And regulations currently don't permit use of such vehicles on the road, away from development allowances in California and Nevada.
    LOL @ Musk copying Apple's "one more thing" for autopilot announcement. 6:12.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

The P85D will be hitting the roads this year. No word if the autopilot will be enabled and ready but the hardware is there. Whether its regulatory approval or further development, its just a flick of the switch away if not already there.

Back to your grudge. This is innovation. It works, and the CEO demonstrated it with him in the driver seat. And since the car is fully digital and data enabled, the car will just get better over time.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/tesla...EwJjX7tGg.html

Keep in mind that this is only partial fully autonomous driving. Every car maker will come out with gimmicks to make driving safer and easier but Google will win the self driving race which is already passing drivers tests.

I think everyone doesn't understand the definition of innovation and getting it confused with invention.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Keep in mind that this is only partial fully autonomous driving.

So in the world of supe: iterate exactly all the things we have said but twist them into justifying his point.

Sounds ironically close to what tesla is doing...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Keep in mind that this is only partial fully autonomous driving.
    What is "partial fully autonomous"?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The P85D will be hitting the roads this year. No word if the autopilot will be enabled and ready but the hardware is there. Whether its regulatory approval or further development, its just a flick of the switch away if not already there.

Back to your grudge. This is innovation. It works, and the CEO demonstrated it with him in the driver seat. And since the car is fully digital and data enabled, the car will just get better over time.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/tesla...EwJjX7tGg.html

Keep in mind that this is only partial fully autonomous driving. Every car maker will come out with gimmicks to make driving safer and easier but Google will win the self driving race which is already passing drivers tests.

I think everyone doesn't understand the definition of innovation and getting it confused with invention.
    That's quite the innovative post.

There is nothing new with what Tesla is doing. Everything they have done has been done already.

As for Google, the Europeans have them beat already. Volvo, BMW, VW, Mercedes, every major brand has already demonstrated fully auto driving cars for many years. You just hear more about Google because we're in North America.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

“It’s like taking off from a carrier deck,” Musk added, not clarifying whether he’d even done so. “Like having your own personal roller coaster.” The car is so fast, Tesla reps warned occupants of the test vehicles to keep their heads pressed against the whiplash protectors as drivers floored the new model.
    So Apple with the messaging. Whiplash protectors!

Let's exaggerate that 3.2s just a little more. I'll have to make sure I see a doctor the next time I sit in a GT-R, because that 2.9s is sure to leave permanent physical damage.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Tesla is being a bunch of clowns.... they were supposed to release an affordable car that your average Joe could buy and increase their market share and overall feasibility of electric cars by getting more people into them and expanding infrastructure. This is what they promised investors, this is what the outlined as their company objective.

Instead they take the S, which already had decent performance specs as I understand, and made it go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds

Who is this even going to appeal to? Nobody is going to track a Tesla, it would be out of juice in a couple of laps. Even if you really wanted the fastest Tesla ever, they are just cutting into the market share of the S.
    Well it would be nice to see a Tesla out run a 63 amg.

But thats not the point. This isn't an every man's car, its just showcasing what EV's are capable of and its pretty damn impressive.

So far Tesla is on track. The Model 3 will be out in 2017, my guess more realistically 2018. But they have to build out the gigafactory first because there isn't enough batteries being produced.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

But thats not the point. This isn't an every man's car, its just showcasing what EV's are capable of and its pretty damn impressive.
    And Tesla isn't even the first to do that either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimac_Concept_One

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well it would be nice to see a Tesla out run a 63 amg.

So far Tesla is on track. The Model 3 will be out in 2017, my guess more realistically 2018. But they have to build out the gigafactory first because there isn't enough batteries being produced.
    3 years is forever in this industry. They lose relevance every day they cater ezclusively to the affluent. Musk must be running out of friends to sell these to lol
    Last edited by killramos; 10-10-2014 at 01:31 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by rage2

There is nothing new with what Tesla is doing. Everything they have done has been done already.

Tesla is new. There is no other company creating a compelling reason to buy EV's. They are breaking records all the time. They now have the quickest sedan ever made, that in itself is innovative.

Now show me another automotive company that offers long distance travel for free. Show me another company that also owns the largest battery factory in the world. Show me a car that is safer than the model S. Show me a company that sells all its cars direct to consumers. Maybe, you find find something that will be an exception to any of these, but put it all together, that is called innovation.

And in case you're looking for a source, #20 on the most innovative companies of 2014:

http://www.fastcompany.com/most-inno...4/tesla-motors

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

They now have the quickest sedan ever made, that in itself is innovative.
    That's like saying Apple was first with a gold iPhone. I guess Apple is an innovator too.

And in case you're looking for a source, #20 on the most innovative companies of 2014:

http://www.fastcompany.com/most-inno...4/tesla-motors
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/50956...m#.VDg0IP50yMM

Apple #1 bitches! In the world!

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

That's like saying Apple was first with a gold iPhone. I guess Apple is an innovator too.
    That is actually what I'm saying. Look, we agree on something

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That is actually what I'm saying. Look, we agree on something
    We don't agree. I'm being sarcastic.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

We don't agree. I'm being sarcastic.
    Ok, but if you want to stick to semantics, then yes I think Jobs, as well as Apple is innovative. So does this source with a poll that agrees with me:

http://www.cnet.com/news/ranking-ste...at-innovators/
    Last edited by supe; 10-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-06-2019 at 04:25 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I think there is a new C63 AMG coming out that will be faster than 3.2 actually.... but as you mentioned, that isn't the point.

As far as "showcasing" EV's, I thought that was the whole point of the roadster. They have been down this road already, the've proven that EV's can be sporty.

Time to stop dicking around and get to work on making EV's mainstream instead of 100K one-off's that nobody can afford.

For 120K, the BMW i8 seems a hell of a lot more appealing than some "D" version of the already outdated "S"
    Even the bmw i3 is destroying them to the race of viable electric....

I bet in 3 years when a commercial electric tesla comes out side will still think it's new and innovative.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast