Quantcast
Tesla D - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Tesla D

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by killramos

Who is going to pay for you to plug your electric car in outside their business/house?
    This is where it gets interesting. Lets say you have a business, would you want people that can afford Tesla's in your business or honda civics?

http://insideevs.com/tesla-to-instal...ere-theyll-be/

At least one mall chain in america is installing superchargers (free) which entices high value customers into their business.

Look up sun country highway in canada. I believe most of their chargers are free, because businesses see value in the offering charging for free while gaining business from EV drivers. Then there is the added benefit of having the image of being green.

And I can't find the video but yes there is a community of residential owners that are offering electricity for free. Most have solar panels installed so its literally free.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by supe

This is where it gets interesting. Lets say you have a business, would you want people that can afford Tesla's in your business or honda civics?

http://insideevs.com/tesla-to-instal...ere-theyll-be/

At least one mall chain in america is installing superchargers (free) which entices high value customers into their business.

Look up sun country highway in canada. I believe most of their chargers are free, because businesses see value in the offering charging for free while gaining business from EV drivers. Then there is the added benefit of having the image of being green.

And I can't find the video but yes there is a community of residential owners that are offering electricity for free. Most have solar panels installed so its literally free.
    You mean people are doing all of this to attract < 50,000 potential customers worldwide?

Because that's all of the cars they have managed to sell in 6 years.

Sound like a solid business model

Pay money to give stuff away for free to attract customers that don't exist.

Businesses are more likely to be successful doing this:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

One of the biggest problem that I see is this continuing concept of "i can plug it in anywhere"

Who is going to pay for you to plug your electric car in outside their business/house?

You mean people are doing all of this to attract &lt; 50,000 potential customers worldwide?

Because that's all of the cars they have managed to sell in 6 years.

Sound like a solid business model

Pay money to give stuff away for free to attract customers that don't exist.
    Its a chicken and egg problem and you just complained about both.

So far the answer is YES people are buying Tesla's and YES there is a growing infrastructure to charge them.

I LOVE the Model S but it does have some drawbacks for sure. If you are an avid skier/snowboarder and head out to the mountains every weekend in the winter it probably isn't for you, at least not this season. They are building a Supercharger at Canmore's Rocky Mountain Inn. Construction is already started so I assume it will be ready for sure by the spring if not earlier.

The infrastructure is building and the Model S is what is getting us closer to the point where EV's are viable for everyone.

For daily driving you don't need to plug it in anywhere but home, even in the winter. On a simple 24amp dryer plug you get 200+kms of charge in 8 hours so unless you drive for a living that should be more than enough.

Are there times you are going to modify how you do things if you drive a Tesla? Sure. It will take more planning and there are some compromises/inconveniences when you step outside of most peoples regular driving habits but I think these are acceptable compromises. No different than not trusting valet people to park your nice car, going out of your way to by expensive motor oil for your high performance ICE or parking in the far reaches of a parking lot so no one dings your car.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Let's hope this is for real.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesk...124-story.html

I've been following them since they raised $42m Series B funding. If they can realistically get the size and weight down, then yes, we can seriously start looking at EV's going critical mass.

Surprised Tesla doesn't just buy them out and dump money at them if their claims are valid.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by rage2
    Let's hope this is for real.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesk...124-story.html

I've been following them since they raised $42m Series B funding. If they can realistically get the size and weight down, then yes, we can seriously start looking at EV's going critical mass.

Surprised Tesla doesn't just buy them out and dump money at them if their claims are valid.
    That just sounds like they've fitted a phone with a super capacitor...? No real info but thats all it sounds like.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

This is pretty cool, a Model S will drive through all 50 states, including alaska and hawaii:

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/50-states-model-s

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by supe
    This is pretty cool, a Model S will drive through all 50 states, including alaska and hawaii:

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/50-states-model-s
    Please enlighten me as to how you can drive a tesla model S through CANADA to alaska without taking a week? Cause there is no supercharger line.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Hilariously North Korea has a great percentage of its landmass covered in superchargers than Canada
    Last edited by killramos; 11-25-2014 at 03:09 PM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

If you read the blog post, the car was shipped from Seattle to Alaska. It will then be shipped to Hawaii.

North Korea has no Superchargers. I don't know what you are talking about.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by benyl
    If you read the blog post, the car was shipped from Seattle to Alaska. It will then be shipped to Hawaii.

North Korea has no Superchargers. I don't know what you are talking about.
    The north is within range of a Chinese one. Thus with supercharger range a greater percentage of North Korea is accessible than Canada. And they are adding more chinese ones that will increase that

Also shipping a car through canada and over seas to Hawaii, that sounds green...

Shit, I must have hallucinated this one:

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/squamish

Look here and slide it to "Coming Soon". Criticizing Tesla for going after their home market first and getting a massive part of the United States covered is crazy.. I can't believe how much progress they have already made:

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

The north is within range of a Chinese one. Thus with supercharger range a greater percentage of North Korea is accessible than Canada. And they are adding more chinese ones that will increase that

Also shipping a car through canada and over seas to Hawaii, that sounds green...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Can't tell if you are serious or stupid.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by benyl

Can't tell if you are serious or stupid.
    Nope I'm just not blindly following the fallacy that these impractical cars are a big deal.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Nope I'm just not blindly following the fallacy that these impractical cars are a big deal.
    The writing is on the wall, ICE vehicles will go away, enjoy it while it lasts. IMO Electric Vehicles are poised to take the market and if so Tesla is in a good position. They might not be a big deal to you, but our generation will get to see a shift in old technology transition to a new one. So you can stay in your typewriter days and knock the new technology coming in but it will happen whether you support it or not.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 11:07 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Who's rallying against it? Stating the facts of it's current state is far from decrying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 11:06 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Are you kidding? There are people railing against the tech in every single Tesla thread. Even after they are shown the facts of its current state.
    No you just don't like to hear the current facts and like to list pseudo facts that are highly reliant on perfect conditions while continuing to state that "its the future", which is not a fact.

Point A -> Point B

That's how a discussion works. You just want everyone to agree with you. Which isn't going to happen just because you think Tesla (a huge multinational corporation who is interested in profits like everyone else) is going to save all the bunny rabbits.

Would you prefer everyone just stay quiet about detractions so you can live in bliss about the cars? #censorthenonbelievers Grow up.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Are you kidding? There are people railing against the tech in every single Tesla thread. Even after they are shown the facts of its current state.
    I just went through this entire thread, and there wasn't a single post rallying against the tech, only how it currently stands.

The whole thread is about
    - Tesla taking Apple's advertising style (Telling everyone they're innovative, when they aren't)
    - EV cars are still too expensive for us commoners
    - Elon Musk isn't the super altruistic person he makes himself out as (he is a business man, working in a for profit company)
    - Electric cars have limited range and get much worse in cold weather
    - There's more EV charging stations available in Asia than North America

Not a single post about how much better ICE's are, except from a monetary cost perspective.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 11-26-2014 at 12:42 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Keep in mind the model S has won a shit ton of accolades, the same car you seem to think is sub par. Awards that also include being green and saving bunny rabbits. So excuse me for being a believer.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast