Quantcast
Where do you buy BMW car parts locally? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Where do you buy BMW car parts locally?

Default Where do you buy BMW car parts locally?

It being the long holiday, I'm finding it pretty tough to find parts for the BMW considering the dealerships are closed. Where do you guys buy or get your parts typically?

I normally just buy parts at RockAuto, but with the exchange rate and shipping, I'm probably spending more than I should on most things. I do it find it a lot more convenient though.

I'm basically just looking for a radiator plug (Part # 17117521781) if that helps.

I'm thinking for a specific part like that you're going to have a really hard time finding it at a local shop that isn't a dealer. I was in a similar bind to you a few months ago when my radiator drain plug broke in half while I was putting it back in. First checked with the BMW dealer and they didn't have it in stock, but could overnight it from Vancouver so I took that route, but compared to what they cost online it was 3x the price, but I had no other choice if I didn't want my car to sit idle for 2 weeks. In the mean time I called around to some of the larger parts shops in Calgary to see if I could find something that day and nobody carried what I wanted.

The best place that I found online is ecstuning, but it's usually about a 2 week wait by the time everything arrives here using USPS. Pelican parts is another good source, but I found them to be a bit more costly than ecstuning.

Good luck with the part hunt.

I've used ecs tuning, pelican parts, fcpeuro, and eeuroparts in the past for ordering parts online. Fcpeuro is usually the cheapest and they ship to Canada using USPS, but I try to make the orders pretty big because ordering a $6 part and paying $30+ on shipping is not cost effective.