Quantcast
Tinnitus - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Wouldn't be a bad idea to head to your optometrist if it's a longstanding problem. Sometimes can be related to elevated intracranial pressure. Simple dilation and/or visual field test can check for any problems on that end. All should be covered by AHC

I've just learned to live with it, exercise, sleep, relaxation, diet, nothing seems to help. Don't notice it as much when I'm concentrating/busy on something but once in a more quiet environment then I'll notice it's there. Sitting here on the couch, yupp, got that high pitched squeal in the middle of my head. It would be quite something to experiance complete silence but I suspect that'll never happen again. Sucks.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Sleep with white noise, avoid silent rooms, mj.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Do you guys get your ears cleaned out? My wife went to an ENT about something else and she had a monster ear wax clump pulled out. Ever since she's had way less headaches.

Damn speedog. Didn't know you had tinnitus. I'm never giving you a hard time ever again about anything.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Fuck tinnitus. I've had it for so many years most of the time I don't even notice it. But then when its quiet or I'm not really paying attention my ears ring nicely.

Not sure when it happened but I know it sucks.

My Ride
    Upass

Originally posted by soupey
    Wouldn't be a bad idea to head to your optometrist if it's a longstanding problem. Sometimes can be related to elevated intracranial pressure. Simple dilation and/or visual field test can check for any problems on that end. All should be covered by AHC
    Mine started after not being able to equalize my ears while scuba diving. Canceled the dive but still managed to screw my right ear up.

Was learning to live with it but then it just amped up in volume a couple months ago. Driving me nuts again. The hyperacusis sucks too.

Going for a check up with the ENT again in a couple weeks. I'm sure he wont have much to say other than to try to habituate.

I might try these guys

http://www.calgaryearcentre.ca/

Damn ringing is going to drive me bonkers, seems worse than ever in the last couple of weeks. No changes to my routine or diet, a few stressful things off of my plate in recent months and yet the tinnitus is worse. I can't even remember what silence is like, gonna try some herbal stuff and massaging trigger points. Can't cut out alcohol because I'm lucky if I have one beer in a month, amount of sleep also not an issue. Will also cut out caffeine, not a big coffee drinker, maybe 1 or 2 cups a day plus the occasional Coke but maybe abstinence from both might help. Just would like a little break from the ringing.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I feel you bud. Started getting Tinnitus as a byproduct of visual snow. It's a real treat.

I find having some kind of background noise helps.

My Ride
    d|o__o|b

Sort of related...

I did have a mild case of tinnitus. I worked as an apprentice at an automotive shop and thought the exposure to air tools was the case. This was a few years ago, I was freaking out because I thought I was losing my hearing ( as a 22 year old ). I had my hearing checked out and everything checked out to be fine. They also did an allergy test on me as the docs said it could be related. At the time the doctors asked if I had any additional sensitivity in my mouth said it could be that my wisdom teeth were coming in and putting pressure on a some nerves which caused my tinnitus. After a few months, my wisdom teeth did not come in but I actually think that was the main cause for my tinnitus, and it did go away.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

I developed it after a 2 month period of high stress and poor sleeping. The good thing is that your brain gets used to it after a while. Like mentioned white noise is the only thing that helps, I sleep with my bathroom fan on.

I've also noticed that it is much worse if I have a bad night of sleep or been really stressed. For stress, progressive muscle relaxation exercises seem to help a bit.

Update, no change. I still hardly drink, one regular cup of coffee a day (cut that out but it didn't help), no recreational drugs, have lost weight and am in better physical condition, stress levels are still higher than I would like but I can't control people close to me getting hurt or sick or be in abusive relationships, daily water intake is very good, less and less processed and takeout foods, not quite at a vegetarian diet but not that far away either and yet the ringing in my head just keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny.

I did some snooping and stumbled upon notch therapy, https://tinnitusnotch.com/

Can't hurt to try as it's been at least 7 years of not experiencing silence, it's just always there and it's really not all that wonderful.
    Will fuck off, again.

For anyone that has tinnitus, just out of curiosity what is the status on your wisdom teeth? A few years ago I thought I was losing my hearing because I was experiencing tinnitus. I work at a very loud and noisy shop and thought this was a result of it. I went and had my ears checked out, I tested completely fine 100% normal. At the time I was close to my mid 20s. My Doc said it was actually caused by my wisdom teeth growing in and causing the problem. It did eventually go away after about 6 months and I've never had a problem since.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    I would have helped you out but i am 5'6 160 pounds. I have a hard time turning my steering wheel in my car. So I'll shit myself if i carry a 65" plasma.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled 35 years ago, tinnitus started about 7 years ago.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by xxviet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For anyone that has tinnitus, just out of curiosity what is the status on your wisdom teeth? A few years ago I thought I was losing my hearing because I was experiencing tinnitus. I work at a very loud and noisy shop and thought this was a result of it. I went and had my ears checked out, I tested completely fine 100% normal. At the time I was close to my mid 20s. My Doc said it was actually caused by my wisdom teeth growing in and causing the problem. It did eventually go away after about 6 months and I've never had a problem since.
    I have crazy tinnitus and all 4 of my wisdom teeth.

Bump.

A bonus of sorts, I can't hear the crickets my son has in an enclosure for his beardie and his panther chameleon. A magical frequency around 46-4700 Hertz.
    Will fuck off, again.

My ears have been ringing since i was a little guy. Excessive rape whistle noise has made it even worse. I dunno, i just got used to it i guess.... the ringing.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Mine only gets bad in the evening. I don’t notice it during the day.

Bump as the whole tinnitus has been getting traction elsewhere.

Not worth offing one's self over but it sure as hell is annoying - I've tried all kinds of supplements, health adjustments, medical advice/tests and have just accepted that tinnitus is a permanent part of my life. Most likely caused by years of working alongside telecom equipment in my earlier years, just to experiance actual silence would be just amazing again. I can't hear squeaks or squeals from vehicles which is a bit concerning but I also can't hear other things which is sometimes okay but I'd rather hear all of that just to experience actual silence again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

The only time it REALLY bugs me is when we're camping. Beautifully peaceful at night, gazing at the stars with no sounds for miles, except the occasional coyote howl, and constant tinnitus.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Mines been there for a few years. It caused some really rough depression for a while and kinda felt like my life spiralled as I couldn't sleep well anymore. But eventually sorta got more used to it and made some adjustments to my life that seems to lessen it. One is water intake, if I'm dehydrated the ringing picks up a lot. Anytime I go to bed if I didn't drink water that day I can definitely tell. Otherwise cleaning my ears periodically also helps, any blockage tends to exacerbate it.

I also started sleeping with some white noise set for 30-60 minutes and thats been helping too lately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast