Quantcast
Tinnitus - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Tinnitus

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Are you guys talking tinnitus that has the annoying ringing sound in your ears, or are you talking pulsatile tinnitus where you have the "whoosing" sound in your ear that whooshes in sync with your heartbeat? If it's the latter, get that shit checked out. My wife had it last year and had to get rushed in for neuro surgery as a vein was bulging and close to bursting.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you guys talking tinnitus that has the annoying ringing sound in your ears, or are you talking pulsatile tinnitus where you have the "whoosing" sound in your ear that whooshes in sync with your heartbeat? If it's the latter, get that shit checked out. My wife had it last year and had to get rushed in for neuro surgery as a vein was bulging and close to bursting.
    Mines just a constant ringing forever but the tone changes. Sometimes its louder or quieter or its a higher or low frequency. It's steady but it changes throughout the day. Been to the doctor a few times and a ENT, basically just have to live with it.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    just to experience actual silence again.
    That's what I really missed. And get reminded every time I put NC headset on and before music comes on.

Hearing is still ok/sharp when tested a few years back when this started.

On Magnesium supplement but can't conclusively say it helped or not but it does help to sleep.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Mines just a constant ringing forever but the tone changes. Sometimes its louder or quieter or its a higher or low frequency. It's steady but it changes throughout the day. Been to the doctor a few times and a ENT, basically just have to live with it.
    For me it depends on how much white noise is around in the area for me to notice mine. If the area is super quiet I can hear it bad, but add some noise and it will drone away and most times I don't even notice it.

Mine is always there and loud but it does sometimes change in tone/pitch. Mine is 100% caused by hearing damage and nothing I have tried of the usual methods has improved it. The best I can do to deal with it is to have music on or background sound of some kind that sort of masks it somewhat but I can always still tell it is there. It is a bit of a balance though too because if I am in a room with too many people who are all talking I often have to resort to lip reading and asking people to repeat themselves over and over because it just all blends together. Really sucks but I have learned to deal with it.

Anyone who has tinnitus not linked specifically to hearing damage should look into Ginkgo Biloba as a supplement. A lot of people say it helps but it is sort of all over the map. Apparently it help with long term brain function as well so side benefit is a plus!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Ringing, 46-4700 hertz, always there. Hearing has been tested multiple times, no issues and like tirebob, I'm not gonna hear you in a noisy group situation like a restaurant or bar even if you're across the table from me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3