Quantcast
Nexus 9 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nexus 9

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by FixedGear
    I'm in the US though, so I'd just grab one off Amazon.

I haven't done any browsing on a Nexus 7 or 9, so i'm just not sure if it would be wisest to go with a cheaper (and inferior) 7, or pay a bit more for a 9 which shouldn't become obsolete as fast.
    It's a good tablet. 2GB of Ram is still plenty and most games runs fine on it. No lag. Android can only enhance its usability.

^just to clarify, are you recommending the 16 gb 7 for $180 or the 16 gb 9 for $399? Thanks! I don't really play games on my talent much, I would mostly just be surfing the web and checking email etc. I read a lot of PDFs on my iPad, but I won't likely be doing that on a Nexus because Iannotate sucks on android.

Anyone's Nexus 9 shipped yet? It was supposed to ship yesterday but nothing yet.

Good thing I pre-ordered on the 17th . Could have just ordered today!

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Anyone's Nexus 9 shipped yet? It was supposed to ship yesterday but nothing yet.

Good thing I pre-ordered on the 17th . Could have just ordered today!
    Ordered yesterday, shipped yesterday... will be here by Friday.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Originally posted by Strider

Ordered yesterday, shipped yesterday... will be here by Friday.
    That's hilarious. So much for the pre-order!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Anyone get the $199 deal through HTC?

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Anyone get the $199 deal through HTC?
    You have to ship it to a US address. Unless you got connections down there I don't think you'll get it at that price

That's an awesome deal for a lucky few.

Also confirmed with google that everything shipped Nov 3 as expected, they are just late with their shipping notification emails.

Damn, I'm in the us and would've ordered that $199 deal, but just noticed now and it looks like it's over

My Ride
    C350 4matic

That's hilarious. So much for the pre-order!
    I pre-ordered mine middle of October.
    Just got the UPS tracking number Nov 4 (instead of Nov 3 as google had planned).
    I'm hoping it gets here by Friday...

My Ride
    Hybrid

Yay! Brown Santa just came by
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Yup just got mine too. Enough toys for a while.

Double tap to wake is a game changer for me. With these tablets these days there really is no 'right' orientation so fumbling to get that power button is always frustrating. It also gets you to what you want that much faster.

Android L is pretty awesome too.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Looks like they sell it at future shop too for the same price

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...1dc4820a48en02

so no shipping cost

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    Looks like they sell it at future shop too for the same price

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...1dc4820a48en02

so no shipping cost
    And no zero-hassle 1-year Google replacement warranty . It's always best to buy from Google, you basically get the best warranty ever for $15.

In other news, my Oct 17th pre-order is in Calgary but won't be delivered until Monday, I was hoping to have it for the weekend. Then Strider orders his on Nov 3, gets it's today, that's some BS .

Supe when did you order?

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Supe when did you order?
    Oct 20th. That sucks for you. But yes your point about googles warranty is spot on.

I'm gonna return mine. I like it a lot but I can't justify spending this much on it at the moment.

If anyone wants it before I send back to Google let me know.

Anyone else got theirs yet? I haven't had too much time with it yet but wow is it ever fast . I can't seem to do anything that trips it up or makes it stutter. Screen is amazing too, I never want it more than 1/3 brightness, and colors are spot on. It's basically an 8.9" version of the Nexus 7 (2013) screen as far as I can tell, which is a good thing.

When you first start it up, you have the option to import all the apps and settings from any other registered Nexus device, and further customize it to omit certain things. For example, you can tell it to mirror your Nexus 7, but omit certain apps you never use. This appears to happen almost instantly....I don't really know how that works, but it seemed to happen much faster than I imagine it would have taken to download all those apps. Maybe it was working in the background, but either way it was strangely fast. It keeps all your settings too, which saves so much time. Very slick.

The Boomsound is awesome, finally a tablet with useful speakers not firing out of the side or back. There's a surprising amount of depth to the sound considering what they are. Can easily fill a small room with music or be more than enough for a couple people watching Netflix. I don't know why every tablet doesn't have front facing speakers, it is clearly the way to go.

Standby time seems to be extremely good (Google claims 30 days) and I lost 2% after the first day of standby, so if that keeps up then 30 days should be easy barring any extended heavy use.

Haven't tried the camera, never will. I wish tablets had the option to come without cameras.

I have about 75 apps and not a single one has issues with the resolution or aspect ratio as far as I could tell so far. Android apps are all written to scale to any size as far as I know. I imagine many of them just switch to iPad layout anyway, since the resolution is the same. Anyone using Zinio or Google Play for Magazines won't have any issues, both display magazines perfectly as far as I could tell.

Double tap to wake is the best thing ever - I wish you could do the same to turn off the screen though (maybe you can?). I can't find any issues with build quality, it's a very solid piece. The size is perfect (for me). I can easily hold it and do most things one handed, but I have freakishly large hands. Typing is still a 2-handed task.

Lolipop is great, and anyone coming from Kitkat will be immediately familiar with it. So many subtleties that make it even more polished than before. I don't have it on my N5 yet so I can't comment beyond how it runs on the N9, which is pretty much instantaneous no matter what you do. There is a 2XX MB update on top of Lolipop that the device will download when you get it, this is apparently to address some bugs with the pre-consumer release of Lolipop.

So yeah, so far so good...

My Ride
    C350 4matic

Really liking mine too. Took a bit to get use to a smaller screen cause I'm coming from a nexus 10, but it's definitely grown on me. My comixology app is buggy, but the developers are aware and will hopefully update it soon. Virtually none of the build quality issues the reviews keep mentioning. I have next to no light bleed, good solid construction, and the os has been very very smooth. I'm hoping this will keep me content for another few years, but the Nokia n1 that was just revealed looks pretty interesting...

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Haven't tried the camera, never will. I wish tablets had the option to come without cameras.
    But then you would never see this because Asians don't pay extra for "options"

Originally posted by jwslam

But then you would never see this because Asians don't pay extra for "options"
    Haha every time I go to Hawaii, the iPad seems to be the go-to camera for Asian tourists. They bring them hiking, to waterfalls, etc. I have even seen them in waterproof cases. I laugh every time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast