Quantcast
Welcome to the Ford ST Owners Club! - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Ford ST Owners Club!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I have a question for you guys with Fiestas. When I was in one, shifts into gears 2,4, and 6 (anything that sent your arm towards the rear of the car) rammed my elbow into the center console. It was completely unavoidable, and would have made the vehicle literally undriveable for me. Exact same thing for my dad, and neither of us are big/tall guys. At the car show I saw at least 2 other people sit in the car and experience the same thing, then laugh and get out. Do you just drive around with the center console lid removed and no arm support or something? The long throws probably didn't help but I couldn't believe it was designed like that. But maybe I'm missing something so I wanted to ask here.
    I've never hit my elbow shifting before. Do you maybe have the seat leaned way back gangster style so your shoulders are slouched really low? Only thing I could think of

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My car seems to be making less power than it used it. Checked all the intercooler hose clamps, deleted the sound symposer, cleaned the intake filter yet again and still no change. I'm hitting my 23 PSI target but it seems to build later / fall off earlier than it used it. The accessport's estimated torque is down like 50ft-lbs from what it used to be and doesn't spin going into boost anymore.

Not sure where else to look at and hard in a condo that won't let me do much work on my car. -_-

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car seems to be making less power than it used it. Checked all the intercooler hose clamps, deleted the sound symposer, cleaned the intake filter yet again and still no change. I'm hitting my 23 PSI target but it seems to build later / fall off earlier than it used it. The accessport's estimated torque is down like 50ft-lbs from what it used to be and doesn't spin going into boost anymore.

Not sure where else to look at and hard in a condo that won't let me do much work on my car. -_-
    Bad gas? No other hesitation?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 01:48 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    Bad gas? No other hesitation?
    No hesitation that I notice, just feels slower. Before my traction control used to always be kicking in and crazy torque steer in 1st and 2nd. Now it feels really tame and never chirps the tires. Idle is still decent (800 rpm) and still getting 6.4L/100km on the highway so it seems to be running fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I am thinking bad gas too... are you using Shell 91?

You could try a reset as well... disconnect the battery for an evening, then hook it up the next day
    Maybe I'll try that. I think esso or petro 91, gonna go out of my way to find some Husky 94 this tank and Shell 91 next time and see if its any difference. Its running the 91 OTS Cobb tune at the moment.

I'll try the battery reset as well maybe tomorrow. Would the battery reset be different than the ECU reset on the accessport?

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Thinking this may be the best place to find out...anyone know this car/anything about it? Maybe the owner is on here?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...teLocale=en_CA

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

As a backup would anyone here be able to help me do a boost leak test (would pay for all the parts plus bring beer) or know if a shop that can have a look?

Unfortunate part of condo nannys crying wolf for popping a hood.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Ever since I got my fiST I've always gone shell 91. Had a couple bad batches with my foST with other brands. Had 0 issues since. Even going big turbo on my fiST, with shell - no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    Thinking this may be the best place to find out...anyone know this car/anything about it? Maybe the owner is on here?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...teLocale=en_CA
    That's Stephen, I don't think he is on beyond.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

That's Stephen, I don't think he is on beyond.
    Thanks, I have been contemplating getting a cheaper fun commuter so I have been looking at FiSTs. Any thoughts on this one? General thoughts on a used modded one?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Thanks, I have been contemplating getting a cheaper fun commuter so I have been looking at FiSTs. Any thoughts on this one? General thoughts on a used modded one?
    He's a friend of a friend. He took really good care of it. It was in Driven this year. I believe he's selling as he just needs something a bit better

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I am thinking about selling mine actually, sort of on the fence about it though. I really enjoy the car, but I am barely driving it and it is hard to ignore the extra insurance and parking costs of a second vehicle.

~22K on the odo, only mods are Koni-Yellow shocks in the rear, a curt hitch (for bikes), and an FS Werks exhaust. OE tires in good shape, plus 8 matching Enkei Rims + RE-71R Tires (one set almost new, the other is getting close to being done). Even has had Synthetic oil changes 3 times a year. It also wouldn't need an OPI because it is less than 4 years old (or at least that is how it worked when I brought it to BC, part of some sort of deal between the provinces). I'd be looking for 19K.
    What's your lowest price????

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    No hesitation that I notice, just feels slower. Before my traction control used to always be kicking in and crazy torque steer in 1st and 2nd. Now it feels really tame and never chirps the tires. Idle is still decent (800 rpm) and still getting 6.4L/100km on the highway so it seems to be running fine.

Maybe I'll try that. I think esso or petro 91, gonna go out of my way to find some Husky 94 this tank and Shell 91 next time and see if its any difference. Its running the 91 OTS Cobb tune at the moment.

I'll try the battery reset as well maybe tomorrow. Would the battery reset be different than the ECU reset on the accessport?
    Are you monitoring Knock Retard (KR)? That is the best way to determine if gas is your issue.

Have you pulled any logs with the AP? Should be fairly easy to tell if you are having a boost leak or if you are experiencing KR with the log.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

What's your lowest price????

I'd sell my big turbo fiesta for 25k

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Are you monitoring Knock Retard (KR)? That is the best way to determine if gas is your issue.

Have you pulled any logs with the AP? Should be fairly easy to tell if you are having a boost leak or if you are experiencing KR with the log.
    I haven't been but I'll set that up and start watching it, thanks.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I'd sell my big turbo fiesta for 25k
    But is the turbo really that big??

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I don't know... I thought 19K with ~3500$ in extra tires/rims was already decent deal, lol.

I do kind of feel like I need to get another 2 or 3 years out of it before I sell if I want to get my value from it. I also have no other way to transport my bikes around, my Q5 doesn't have a hitch on it at the moment. It is also too much fun, and I am a bit worried I will get bored and impulse-buy something a lot more expensive to replace it. The only reason I am even thinking about selling is because my wife hates driving manual, otherwise it is way better on fuel than my Audi and easier to get around the city with. If somebody came up and dropped an offer on it, I'd have to think about it... well... not really, more like I'd tell my wife and she would lecture me on why we should sell it until I finally cave in, haha.

On a bit of a side note, I kind of think the prices for them will level off pretty quick with them being pulled out of production in the US/Canada. They are still the car to have for H-Stock in Autocross, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. So any of the non-sun roof versions will be scooped up off the market just for that over the next 3~5 years.
    I was thinking it'd be cheaper because that's a lot of wheel/tires to deal with! But seriously, price is inline with what is out there.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

But is the turbo really that big??
    "Big"ger Gt2554r

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 01:49 PM.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

"Big"ger Gt2554r
    Haha...just giving you a hard time!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I should really try to flip the tire and wheels separately and then just market it as gently lady driven!

I have an event coming up the weekend after next, and possibly another in mid-October. I might toss it up for sale after that, but pretty wishy-washy on it right now. I want to buy a place in Vancouver shortly and getting two parking spots, even one just to rent, is a huge issue.

I floated the idea of selling it with a few people at my AutoX events locally and it peaked some interest. It has been catching some attention, I've been utterly dominating my class this year, and even won the Canadian Nationals against last years H-Stock champion (also a Fiesta ST, but slightly different setup). The announcers keep calling it a cheater car whenever I run my set, haha. So if somebody makes an offer at an event, then I might just take the money and bus it home, lol.

It also means I can start working on wearing down the wife so I can trade our Q5 for an RS3!
    Sounds like you'll be disappointed if you sell it.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast