Quantcast
RBC VISA processed payment late -> Charged Interest - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RBC VISA processed payment late -> Charged Interest

My Ride
    This and that.

Good to know this. I use Avion as well and usually pay a day or two before it's due. Never really noticed if I've ever been charged interest though. I guess I should pay closer attention to my monthly bill.

My Ride
    a wrx.

If you truly always paid in full monthly, it would be smart to setup preauthorized debit. I haven't had to manage any bill payments for years. No time to mess with that shit.

Originally posted by ipeefreely
    Well, they were nice enough to waive the interest charge!

They recommended paying 5 days in advance like benyl said.

WTF it's 2014 not 1920, bank transfer shouldn't take that long from a major bank!
    just pay your credit card via "transfer funds" like has been pointed out here. That is immediately applied to your visa account.

I've been at a till, paying for an item with my Visa, card gets declined. I say hold on a sec...take my phone out, log into RBC, transfer funds into the Visa...
    "Okay, try again"....Voila!

My Ride
    This and that.

I do always 'transfer funds' from the chequing account to Visa account through online banking and it takes them a couple of days to process it.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I do always 'transfer funds' from the chequing account to Visa account through online banking and it takes them a couple of days to process it.
    From an RBC account to your VISA account, via "transfer funds"? and it takes a couple of days??...then you're doing it wrong.
    Just before you hit submit, it even gives you a warning that the transfer is immediate and cannot be reversed.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 10-26-2014 at 12:16 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Perhaps I haven't paid enough attention. I will look at it more carefully next time I pay the bill.

Actually it might be different, who knows. I just made a payment to my Visa now (transfer), and it actually takes me to the same window as if I'm going to make a payment to a vendor (payee). So I actually don't see an option.

If I pay a vendor, it will take a few days. If I pay either of my Visas...it goes through immediately.

Who knows with banks. Sometimes different accounts will be set up differently. So I shouldn't say you're doing it wrong. All I know, is with mine, it's immediate. If I ever make a deposit through an ATM, and deposit it into the Visa account, THAT will take several days. So I just deposit into chequing...then go onto my phone and transfer over to VISA account...immediate.

Banks can be so frustrating.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Actually it might be different, who knows. I just made a payment to my Visa now (transfer), and it actually takes me to the same window as if I'm going to make a payment to a vendor (payee). So I actually don't see an option.
    If you make a payment to a vendor (payee), then you can set the date. Very useful if you like to take care of the payment as soon as you receive the statement, without handing over the money any earlier than necessary.

With TD, it takes a couple of days for Visa to receive the funds no matter which method I use (all accounts/Visa are TD).

However, I heard that if payment is made in person at a branch, it is supposed to be quicker than any online transaction.

and yet, still no valid explanation why the speed of light takes days in the bank's eyes.

Oh wait. There's that fraud thing.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 10-27-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

With TD, it takes a couple of days for Visa to receive the funds no matter which method I use (all accounts/Visa are TD).
    I have TD and TD Visa and my payments are instant. Available balance on card changes within a minute of transferring funds. I've never tried the pay bills method because I've never had a reason to try it.
    ---

Just did a transfer from my TD account to my TD Visa and this is the message I got:

Please note: Your TD Credit Card Available Credit will be updated immediately. Funds will be withdrawn from your payment account immediately. The transaction will be applied to your TD Credit Card balance and appear in your Account Activity in 2 business days.

It has always been instant for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2