Quantcast
What would be a fair price for this C63 BS? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would be a fair price for this C63 BS?

My Ride
    preowned

Default What would be a fair price for this C63 BS?

I'm usually a lurker here on Beyond, but need your automotive expertise on this car I've been looking at. It really is in mint condition, but there is a claim against the car. I was hit in a parking lot when it was 3 months old and the bumper cover and carbon diffuser had been replaced for $13K. The car just has the base Canadian options. Even though there is a claim against the car there is a lot of activity on the car. What would be a fair price on the car or is his asking price a fair price? My next question would be... will it depreciate like a rock when the next generation coupe gets released?

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Mercedes...&orup=1_15_109

Many Thanks!

Why wouldn't the seller say that in his Ad? That's my first question.

Ill wait for Rage2s opinion on the depreciation note but then again. Do people buy cars for an investment? A car like this is ment for Fanboys and true enthusiasts IMO

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Canadian "base" cars comes with a lot more than the US base cars. We get:

- Exterior CF Package ($7k option in US)
    - AMG Perf Media ($2500 option in US)

So when comparing to US cars, remember that our base price was around $10k higher, at $113k + taxes.

With that being said, I've been tracking sales, and have seen base Canadian cars move in the 90-100k range, so the price is reasonable but on the high side. Hell, Hyatt sold a red base car at MSRP (just took 7 months, an outlier IMO). With only 100 in all of Canada + US, the cars are rare and they will sell for whatever is asked eventually.

Looking into the future, being a Black Series, and an "affordable" one like the CLK BS, it depreciates much slower than other AMGs. It took 7 years, and the release of this car, before the CLK BS hit 50% of MSRP, and there were 350 of those.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by rage2
    Canadian "base" cars comes with a lot more than the US base cars. We get:

- Exterior CF Package ($7k option in US)
    - AMG Perf Media ($2500 option in US)

So when comparing to US cars, remember that our base price was around $10k higher, at $113k + taxes.

With that being said, I've been tracking sales, and have seen base Canadian cars move in the 90-100k range, so the price is reasonable but on the high side. Hell, Hyatt sold a red base car at MSRP (just took 7 months). With only 100 in all of Canada + US, the cars are rare and they will sell for whatever is asked eventually.

Looking into the future, being a Black Series, and an "affordable" one like the CLK BS, it depreciates much slower than other AMGs. It took 7 years, and the release of this car, before the CLK BS hit 50% of MSRP, and there were 350 of those.
    My interpretation of the 507 was that it was much closer to the BS than the C63's were when the BS came out. Do you think that will affect things for buyers who might not care about the special AMG logo?

I worry that they cheapened the BS with the 507.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by GQBalla
    Ill wait for Rage2s opinion on the depreciation note but then again. Do people buy cars for an investment? A car like this is ment for Fanboys and true enthusiasts IMO
    As a buyer, you'd care about how it's currently depreciating to get the best deal. Risky, cuz if you miss out on this deal, there might not be another one for a while, especially if he's set on that color and those rear seats (1/3 of the cars were 2 seaters).
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by killramos
    My interpretation of the 507 was that it was much closer to the BS than the C63's were when the BS came out. Do you think that will affect things for buyers who might not care about the special AMG logo?

I worry that they cheapened the BS with the 507.
    The 507 edition was simply a C63 with the P31 performance package, plus the BS hood and some pin striping. So in that sense (the hood), it's closer to a BS than a normal C63.

507 owners feel that they're almost a BS, when in fact they're not.

Differences:

- weight
    - suspension, track
    - brakes
    - differential
    - differential cooling (optional on BS)
    - fuelcut (BS 500rpm higher)
    - shift speed
    - cooling package (now available to purchase at ~$8k)
    - widebody fenders, bumpers, wheels, etc.

If you track 507 sales, it follows the exact same curve as non 507's (with some outliers from owners/dealers that are on crack).

My Ride
    preowned

I really appreciate the engineering behind the BS like the brakes, track width, rear diff out of the e63 and posi unit. Depreciation is a serious consideration as I'm after a summer toy that I can play with at the track and take the wife and kid for a drive. Of course, being asian, I will do the asian rear seat treatment with the crochet stuff on the headrests and the gold kleenex box.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The 507 edition was simply a C63 with the P31 performance package, plus the BS hood and some pin striping. So in that sense (the hood), it's closer to a BS than a normal C63.

507 owners feel that they're almost a BS, when in fact they're not.

Differences:

- weight
    - suspension, track
    - differential
    - differential cooling (optional on BS)
    - fuelcut (BS 500rpm higher)
    - shift speed
    - cooling package (now available to purchase at ~$8k)
    - widebody fenders, bumpers, wheels, etc.

If you track 507 sales, it follows the exact same curve as non 507's (with some outliers from owners/dealers that are on crack).
    Interesting I didn't realize all the additional changes. It really is a beast...

Fair enough it is about as similar to a 507 as an M2 will be to my car lol

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

507 got Forged wheels too.

My Ride
    W204

Has anyone actually dyno'ed the 507 vs the old P31?

Also can't say I am a fan of the 507 - I don't really like the weird graphics and not a fan of the wheels either, especially black.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by hukgwai
    I'm after a summer toy that I can play with at the track and take the wife and kid for a drive.
    This. The fact that you can take the whole family out makes the car so much more usable. The CLK63 BS was a more raw and puckered asshole moment car than the C63 BS, but I was only able to put 2500km or so a year on the car simply because it was a 2 seater. I'm averaging a little over 6000km a summer with the C63 BS.

My Ride
    preowned

Yeah the practicality is great (relatively speaking) with the BS and it's something that an enthusiast would appreciate. Do you guys think that if I got it for around $95 to $97K, it would be high since it does have a "small" claim against it? What are the odds another BS would come up for sale in Canada over the winter...?

I'd use that claim as leverage to try and get closer to $90k personally (I'm also cheap), but it's a decent deal at $95k assuming the repair job was done properly.

You might see one come up on the West coast over winter, but everywhere else in Canada they're most likely stored for winter

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Out of 30 Canadian cars, I know of 8 that have moved temporarily or permanently to the US. That leaves 22 cars left in Canada that I know of.

The cars I've seen come up for sale in Canada (not counting ones moved to US) are as follows:

- First delivered CDN car owned by Eurocharged. Offered for sale and sold within weeks.

- Ottawa "joyride" car. That car was fully loaded, asked for crack money and eventually sold.

- Red base car at Hyatt. That car took months to sell because it was asking MSRP, and sold at MSRP.

- White Edmonton car, flipped a few times between Edmonton and Calgary. It's the car that was vandalized on Stephen Ave last year, all the windows smashed in. Current owner has kept it for > a year now.

- 2013 matte white car (1 of 10), sold without being advertised through Kulu.

There was 1 or 2 that I missed, but yea, the odds of another car coming up for sale is quite slim with the low # of cars left in Canada. I'm sure Agent_Oorange can add to the list of cars that he's seen pop up in Canada.

SLS Black Series are easier to come by at the moment lol

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Out of 30 Canadian cars, I know of 8 that have moved temporarily or permanently to the US. That leaves 22 cars left in Canada that I know of.

The cars I've seen come up for sale in Canada (not counting ones moved to US) are as follows:

- First delivered CDN car owned by Eurocharged. Offered for sale and sold within weeks.

- Ottawa "joyride" car. That car was fully loaded, asked for crack money and eventually sold.

- Red base car at Hyatt. That car took months to sell because it was asking MSRP, and sold at MSRP.

- White Edmonton car, flipped a few times between Edmonton and Calgary. It's the car that was vandalized on Stephen Ave last year, all the windows smashed in. Current owner has kept it for > a year now.

- 2013 matte white car (1 of 10), sold without being advertised through Kulu.

There was 1 or 2 that I missed, but yea, the odds of another car coming up for sale is quite slim with the low # of cars left in Canada. I'm sure Agent_Oorange can add to the list of cars that he's seen pop up in Canada.
    there was a white one at Calgary BMW did you count that one as well?

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by redline

Saw that one when Hyatt just got it in. Fuck yeah.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

That was the one that was vandalized

Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's the white Edmonton car. Sold in Edmonton, resold through Kulu to 2nd owner, traded into Calgary BMW for a X5M, and sold to the current 3rd owner, where it was spotted vandalized downtown.

Originally posted by clem24
    Saw that one when Hyatt just got it in. Fuck yeah.
    Hyatt had 2 white cars, one is the one that sold through Kulu, and the other one is still owned by the owner AFAIK.

Had nothing to do with the Edmonton car.

I dunno why I spend time tracking this crap haha.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by hukgwai
    Of course, being asian, I will do the asian rear seat treatment with the crochet stuff on the headrests and the gold kleenex box.
    Why do asians tend to love kleenex so much? Is it a sign of success or ? I usually just change lanes if I see kleenex in the window/gold camry haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast