Quantcast
X5M and X6M - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X5M and X6M

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Originally posted by InRich

Far as the SRT goes... kid above probably never even sat in one, let alone driven one. I have, and let me tell you. going from the SRT, then back to sitting in my X5 afterwards, its not even a close comparison. NOT EVEN CLOSE I tell ya! go sit in both cars back to back, you'll know what I mean instantly. [/B]
    What year? I've sat in/driven a handful of MY14/15 SRT GC's. The interior isn't bad, but that's a mere afterthought when the launch control is absolutely mind boggling for an SUV. When you get in one and start it up, you know its special - you know its an SRT, especially since it says so on the steering wheel. The Hemi its running is incredibly potent. I forget what tires it was running all around, I want to guess 305's on all 4 corners based on the stance and rim size. Throttle so touchy, can't even hit the fun pedal in 1st or 2nd without worrying what the torque will do to your neck. They handle pretty damn good too.

Never driven an //M X5 but have with the regular X5. Nice interior for sure, and giant 325 rear tires because race SUV. The only good looking BMW SUV in my eyes.

Originally posted by jaylo
    This new X5M and X6M will be out January 2015 (not the same one you see on the road today)

0-60 in 4 seconds about 5,xxxlbs and can match E92 M3 around Nurburgring

LOL on the comments about it is a wobbly high COG SAV (obviously you have not driven an X5M)

Old X5M 0-60 is 4.5 seconds

+1 for this comment abou the COG and drive of that vehicle

it sure as hell does not feel like 5K lbs, and it is scary how fast it can corner... one special vehicle

My Ride
    NC1

Not sure how they drive but X5M easily nicest looking suv on the market IMO
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by tehwegz

What year? I've sat in/driven a handful of MY14/15 SRT GC's. The interior isn't bad, but that's a mere afterthought when the launch control is absolutely mind boggling for an SUV. When you get in one and start it up, you know its special - you know its an SRT, especially since it says so on the steering wheel. The Hemi its running is incredibly potent. I forget what tires it was running all around, I want to guess 305's on all 4 corners based on the stance and rim size. Throttle so touchy, can't even hit the fun pedal in 1st or 2nd without worrying what the torque will do to your neck. They handle pretty damn good too.

Never driven an //M X5 but have with the regular X5. Nice interior for sure, and giant 325 rear tires because race SUV. The only good looking BMW SUV in my eyes.
    The tires are 295's, and the new X5M smashes the srt in 0-60 (4.0 compared to 4.6)

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Are they putting the hellcat motor in the SRT jeeps in the future?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Glad these trucks are made but I wouldn't consider one. They're fast but ride firmer than I would want for a comfort DD. I'm in the camp of buy a sports car and a nice truck and have the best of both worlds.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
    Glad these trucks are made but I wouldn't consider one. They're fast but ride firmer than I would want for a comfort DD. I'm in the camp of buy a sports car and a nice truck and have the best of both worlds.
    Exactly. If you are out of garage space and need to compromise maybe you should reconsider buying a $120k "SAV".

My problem is the car is compromise embodied. Its not better than an M5.

At least in the SRT, RR supercharged, G AMG you have the option of taking the vehicle off the pavement (or in the snow for that matter) if needed. All for a half a second quicker spirnt to 60?

You also cannot argue that the car doesn't have a high COG. It does, regardless of if it feels like it.

Also comparing lap times to the E92 M3 which has 133 less horsepower and a full 205 lb-ft less peak torque? RWD vs AWD? How does it compare to the new M3 with much more torque? How does it compare to a V10 R8 with much closer power numbers (still 100 lb-ft less torque) and AWD?

Again my position is "nice science project, should never have been put into production".

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    If you need an SUV, have a lot of money and want the best, this is what you buy. Regardless of what it can or cant do.
    Nail on the head.

Not sure why everybody is bitching about SUV vs sports car. The target demographic probably already has a sports car and needs a family hauler/grocery getter/winter beater - people like I'mRich and Jordan.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

Originally posted by killramos

Exactly. If you are out of garage space and need to compromise maybe you should reconsider buying a $120k "SAV".

My problem is the car is compromise embodied. Its not better than an M5.

At least in the SRT, RR supercharged, G AMG you have the option of taking the vehicle off the pavement (or in the snow for that matter) if needed. All for a half a second quicker spirnt to 60?

You also cannot argue that the car doesn't have a high COG. It does, regardless of if it feels like it.

Also comparing lap times to the E92 M3 which has 133 less horsepower and a full 205 lb-ft less peak torque? RWD vs AWD? How does it compare to the new M3 with much more torque? How does it compare to a V10 R8 with much closer power numbers (still 100 lb-ft less torque) and AWD?

Again my position is "nice science project, should never have been put into production".
    Good thing you don't run BMW. Like I said previously you have obviously never driven one. I've owned an E46 M3, E93 M3 and now my m5. The launch of the X5M out of the gate is easily one of the wildest experiences.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Strider
    people like I'mRich and Jordan.
    Awesome typo.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by VWEvo

Like I said previously you have obviously never driven one.
    Yes you did say that. Apparently the only way to judge a car is to drive it? I haven't driven an X5 M and don't have interest in it either.

Did you track it?

We can make an argument that the only way to judge a car is to drive one on the edge on a racetrack?

The launch time of the E70 isn't much more spectacular than my 2 series on paper. And it isn't even a M car.

Also by your own argument if you haven't driven the new one you have no right to comment on it either.

This is a car forum. We are here to discuss cars, if specs aren't worth quoting why even follow announcements.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

This is a car forum. We are here to discuss cars, if specs aren't worth quoting why even follow announcements.
    Ahh good old bench racing, the best type ever!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by KRyn

Ahh good old bench racing, the best type ever!

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

If I was rich I would need a luxobarge for trips with friends, it would probably be one of these.

Yes you did say that. Apparently the only way to judge a car is to drive it?
    Many would suggest that yes, that is the best way to judge a car. You just seem to be very opinionated about a vehicle you know nothing about. As for tracking it, actually that is when I fell in love with it. I was at a BMW Demo where they set up a track with a proper driver in it. It was absolutely amazing.
    Last edited by VWEvo; 11-05-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Many would suggest that yes, that is the best way to judge a car. You just seem to be very opinionated about a vehicle you know nothing about. As for tracking it, actually that when I fell in love with it. I was at a BMW Demo where they set up a track with a proper driver in it. It was absolutely amazing.
    So you watched someone else drive the car on said track then? Sat in the passenger seat?

Glad to know i can add a huge number of cars to the list that I am an expert on based on that information.

I know plenty about the car. I might not have driven it but that is where it ends.

Your entire argument is founded in the simple statement of "I like it" Congrats!

So you watched someone else drive the car on said track then? Sat in the passenger seat?

Glad to know i can add a huge number of cars to the list that I am an expert on based on that information.

I know plenty about the car. I might not have driven it but that is where it ends.

Your entire argument is founded in the simple statement of "I like it" Congrats!
    Haha, nice try. Yes I have actually driven it. I've driven pretty much every single BMW out there. Just when we were on the track they had a professional driver (neither of which you and I are) to show what this X5M is fully capable of while I sat in the passenger seat. Trust me, nor you or I can even touch the capabilities of our cars.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Trust me, nor you or I can even touch the capabilities of our cars.

Finally something we can agree on

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    ///Meh

If you wants a sports car, buy a sports car

If you want a hatch, get a hatch

If you want an SUV, buy something you can actually get muddy on occasion

This is a pretty expensive jack-of-all trades, yet master of none IMO
    Completely disagree.

While it might be 'master of none', all cars are a compromise, especially ones who's purpose is something as broad as "daily driver".

Like VWevo, I used to have an F10 M5. With our child seat in the back, my wife's knees were in her chin when she sat up front, the back seat was crowded enough that another adult would feel cramped and the trunk wouldn't swallow much more than our chariot.

These are all issues specific to our situation, but they were also all alleviated when we switched to an SUV (first an X5M, then others since).

The X5M accommodated our child seat better, swallowed more baby-crap in the rear and had more room for passengers in the back seat. It's more than fast enough and handles well enough to still be 99% as entertaining as any sports-sedan, especially at the pace I'm willing to travel with my family in tow. When the wifey drives it, she can see better and feels safer (whether that's the case or not, her intangible feeling of 'comfort' isn't something you're going to change her mind on, so she might as well be happy).

For a family hauler, I'd far rather have a 'jack of lots of trades, master of none', than a 'jack of some trades, still master of none'. Since all vehicles are a compromise in one way or another, I'm happy to take one with the fewest compromises depending on it's intended duty and for (our) family-hauling, that's a fast SUV.

I prefer the Cayenne to the last-gen X5M, but am excited for the next version to arrive.

BTW, I don't care if it's a Range Rover, G63 or anything else... None of these performance SUVs with performance tires are going to be able to go very far off road...
    Last edited by you&me; 11-05-2014 at 04:52 PM.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Damn it, did no one watch my video in my earlier post????!!??!!?!? PLEASE EVERYONE GO WATCH IT.

X5M goes off road, then goes on the track, then goes 1on1 with an m3...

X5Ms are FUCKING AWESOME!

^ I like everything you&me said above. Its actually what's keeping me from stepping into a new m5. kids probably gonna be coming sooner or later, I'm getting old.

And I cant stand the Ceyenne's styling, so I wont be going over there...

Can we all just agree, that BMW's are fucking awesome.. best cars on the road IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast