Quantcast
X5M and X6M - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: X5M and X6M

My Ride
    NC1

Hey InRich, you and I, let's both go down and HELOC one. (in before anyone else says it).
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Can we at least all agree the X6M is awful?

It's like an X5M, but uglier, and less practical.

^

New X6 actually looks pretty good in person, I was very very surprised. Previous one is blehhhhh

Killeramos really needs to go drive an X5 one day just to understand the feel. It is a vehicle that surprises you for sure.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by colinxx235
    ^

New X6 actually looks pretty good in person, I was very very surprised. Previous one is blehhhhh

Killeramos really needs to go drive an X5 one day just to understand the feel. It is a vehicle that surprises you for sure.
    I have sat in each generation and wasn't impressed personally. But that's beaide the point my main gripe is the M not the car itself. I cross shop it with the vw toureg and have a hard time liking the new one.

Just my opinion though.

Originally posted by killramos

I have sat in each generation and wasn't impressed personally. But that's beaide the point my main gripe is the M not the car itself. I cross shop it with the vw toureg and have a hard time liking the new one.

Just my opinion though.

Sat in, like the show room? Cause I had a meh view at first, until I fired it up, seats instantly hug you. And then you hit a few ramps and your view changes instantly.

But even if the X5M notion bugs you, the X5 5.0 with sport/dynamic/M package is amazing and not an M. Much like your 235i with M performance get isn't an M2.

The X5 5.0 has similar tires and can handle like a monster. I think the point was lost where people thought that it was getting compared to as the same feel as a M3/M5. In Calgary it is a great all year vehicle, 4 sets of clubs or multiple hockey bags. 4 adults very comfy with gear etc. Blows the door off most vehicles in straight, corners better than lots of performance cars, awd, etc.

Its as described a convenient utility vehicle with space that just so happens to have similar performance numbers to an M3/M5 on a track/drag. But in no way does it feel similar at all. They are total opposite in terms of driving feel/room/cornering

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sat in, like the show room? Cause I had a meh view at first, until I fired it up, seats instantly hug you. And then you hit a few ramps and your view changes instantly.

But even if the X5M notion bugs you, the X5 5.0 with sport/dynamic/M package is amazing and not an M. Much like your 235i with M performance get isn't an M2.

The X5 5.0 has similar tires and can handle like a monster. I think the point was lost where people thought that it was getting compared to as the same feel as a M3/M5. In Calgary it is a great all year vehicle, 4 sets of clubs or multiple hockey bags. 4 adults very comfy with gear etc. Blows the door off most vehicles in straight, corners better than lots of performance cars, awd, etc.

Its as described a convenient utility vehicle with space that just so happens to have similar performance numbers to an M3/M5 on a track/drag. But in no way does it feel similar at all. They are total opposite in terms of driving feel/room/cornering
    The 5.0 is nice.

I actually think the M50d is promising tbh.

My Ride
    550i, X5

For those saying the X5M is nothing like a sports car, the 2010 X5M pulled 0.91g's on the 200ft skidpad, and the new version is supposed to be far superior to that.

Just for a comparison, the 0.91 that the 2010 pulled off is equal to a 2011 Sti sedan.

So long story short, it corners like a car.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
    For those saying the X5M is nothing like a sports car, the 2010 X5M pulled 0.91g's on the 200ft skidpad, and the new version is supposed to be far superior to that.

Just for a comparison, the 0.91 that the 2010 pulled off is equal to a 2011 Sti sedan.

So long story short, it corners like a car.

I stated it pulls the numbers. But as you previously stated you have driven in the e46, e9x' M3 and you've been in the X5M. Would you describe them as driving similar? To me the M3 is a huge difference in feel, but the speed it can hit an off ramp @ compared to the M3 is pretty much identical

My Ride
    550i, X5

I stated it pulls the numbers. But as you previously stated you have driven in the e46, e9x' M3 and you've been in the X5M. Would you describe them as driving similar? To me the M3 is a huge difference in feel, but the speed it can hit an off ramp @ compared to the M3 is pretty much identical
    No...I didn't state that. I think it was VWevo. I've never been in an X5M

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    I saw a 40's Chinese lady driving one at T&T Market. Kinda of a waste
    Like I saw a 60 year old lady with RS7.

Originally posted by bspot
    Can we at least all agree the X6M is awful?

It's like an X5M, but uglier, and less practical.
    X6M is pointless.

If I'm going for the space, I'll do X5M. If I want the look and uniqiness, I'll go M6 Grandcoupe.

X5M is a compromise. I rather have a base X5 that I can trash and a M5 for track instead of a X5M, as capable as X5M is.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-11-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3