Quantcast
Furious 7 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Furious 7

My Ride
    G37X

These movies have lost me since Fast 5. They have gone too far the direction of "action movie" for my taste. That said, I'll go see it. If for nothing else but to critique the shit out of it haha.

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    These movies have lost me since Fast 5. They have gone too far the direction of "action movie" for my taste. That said, I'll go see it. If for nothing else but to critique the shit out of it haha.
    I know what you mean. The first one embraced multiple aspects of car scene/life, with a dash of criminal element added to the mix.

I can see why they had to shy away from the pure street racing aspect, for primarily political reasons. But now they've gone full generic action movie with pretty much nothing remaining of the original spirit of the first movie: the car scene, the speed shops, the mods, the show scene, etc.

Now the movies are about a bunch of thugs for hire that pull off heists that happen to know a lot about cars, and always find some way for cars and driving to factor in to their exploits.

Last edited by know1edge; 12-19-2018 at 01:59 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

^ I think they've evolved well. The cars are usually all pretty sick by current standards (whenever the given movie came out), and the movies continue to be entertaining. I'm looking forward to F7 for sure.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by cjblair
    ^ I think they've evolved well. The cars are usually all pretty sick by current standards (whenever the given movie came out), and the movies continue to be entertaining. I'm looking forward to F7 for sure.
    Never fear. You'll get your ricer fix after opening night at Chinook.

Originally posted by Inzane

I know what you mean. The first one embraced multiple aspects of car scene/life, with a dash of criminal element added to the mix.

I can see why they had to shy away from the pure street racing aspect, for primarily political reasons. But now they've gone full generic action movie with pretty much nothing remaining of the original spirit of the first movie: the car scene, the speed shops, the mods, the show scene, etc.

Now the movies are about a bunch of thugs for hire that pull off heists that happen to know a lot about cars, and always find some way for cars and driving to factor in to their exploits.
    I have kind of an opposite opinion. How many movies can you watch of just car scene, speed shops, mods and car racing scene? Oh look another scene with a ton of modded cars and oh they are racing again.

I like how they have evolved the characters since they are really who the fans want to see. Sure it has got a lot more action based but where else could they have gone without doing the same car scene movie over and over?
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

This movie should hold a few people over till F7 is released.
    Redlyne told me about it. It's so bad it's funny.
    It's not netflix I believe.
    200 M.P.H.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1823051/

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by SilverGS

I have kind of an opposite opinion. How many movies can you watch of just car scene, speed shops, mods and car racing scene? Oh look another scene with a ton of modded cars and oh they are racing again.

I like how they have evolved the characters since they are really who the fans want to see. Sure it has got a lot more action based but where else could they have gone without doing the same car scene movie over and over?
    Pretty much, the series would have been dead after Tokyo drift if they hadn't made a pivot to action/heist movies
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by mr2mike
    This movie should hold a few people over till F7 is released.
    Redlyne told me about it. It's so bad it's funny.
    It's not netflix I believe.
    200 M.P.H.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1823051/

I watched this movie a few weeks ago. I am glad they decided to get some boob action in there. Also the car changes from an RX-7 --> MX7 -->MX5 --> S14??? Apparently the movie car was stolen so they just kept filming with the S14.

I can't wait!

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I love Jason Stathom. Frickin' Bad Ass

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    It took me years to get over that too. To enjoy the new ones you have to forget about the first 3 and accept that it's essentially a different series now. Much like I'm expecting to have to do about Jurassic World.

Originally posted by btimbit
    I love Jason Stathom. Frickin' Bad Ass

Totally did not know he was cast in this movie and The Rock is always entertainment!
    Last edited by bleu; 02-03-2015 at 05:09 PM.

My Ride
    rally pig

in preparation for F7 to come out, has anyone seen or heard of the spoof movie Superfast?

it looks so bad that it might be good for some laugh

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Decided to watch number 6 yesterday and it showed a Furious7 trailer at start up. Blu Ray live i guess i have never noticed it do anything like that before.

Hopefully they don't screw anything up to bad in this movie. I cant get over them saying E60 M5's have twin turbo V8's in Fast6...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

The last few FF movies have lost me a bit. Not really about cars at all now, just some over the top stupid stunts. However I still enjoy the movies because of the "family" of my favorite characters and the odd nice car.

Excited to go on friday, already have my ticket. And it was FREE, thank you Scotia bank lol

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Meh. I'll maybe pay $6 to watch it on my pvr when it comes out on DVD. I don't know about most of you but I'm almost 30 and this series has gone too far. I enjoyed the first one the most, they have just gone too far with it now. It's lost its charm. I noticed somebody saying that if it kept the "street racer" theme going, it wouldn't have gone beyond Tokyo drift. I would have been just fine with that.

These last couple of ones have been outrageous to say the least. The movies have become so extreme that you can basically put it in the sci fi category. The characters have super human powers, laws of physics do not apply and the plot lines are laughable. Bank vaults being dragged at high speeds through the streets, tanks blowing shit up on the freeway, cars running through airplanes and high rise buildings. Secret underground mexican mountain tunnels, cmon. Just stop it.

Do we really need 13 saws, 11 paranormal activities, 29 cod games and 7 fast and the furious movies? Seeing how paul walker has passed away, I'm hoping that this will be the end to the franchise but it's too much of a cash cow that there will probably at least be 2-3 more.
    Last edited by funkedelic2; 03-31-2015 at 12:43 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by taemo
    in preparation for F7 to come out, has anyone seen or heard of the spoof movie Superfast?

it looks so bad that it might be good for some laugh
    Haha this looks hilarious!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    Meh. I'll maybe pay $6 to watch it on my pvr when it comes out on DVD. I don't know about most of you but I'm almost 30 and this series has gone too far. I enjoyed the first one the most, they have just gone too far with it now. It's lost its charm. I noticed somebody saying that if it kept the "street racer" theme going, it wouldn't have gone beyond Tokyo drift. I would have been just fine with that.

These last couple of ones have been outrageous to say the least. The movies have become so extreme that you can basically put it in the sci fi category. The characters have super human powers, laws of physics do not apply and the plot lines are laughable. Bank vaults being dragged at high speeds through the streets, tanks blowing shit up on the freeway, cars running through airplanes and high rise buildings. Secret underground mexican mountain tunnels, cmon. Just stop it.

Do we really need 13 saws, 11 paranormal activities, 29 cod games and 7 fast and the furious movies? Seeing how paul walker has passed away, I'm hoping that this will be the end to the franchise but it's too much of a cash cow that there will probably at least be 2-3 more.
    Tell us how you really feel?

I don't think anyone is taking this franchise too seriously. They went from silly street racing movies to extreme over the top action movies. Don't think, just enjoy

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by 88CRX

I don't think anyone is taking this franchise too seriously.
    Yup i mean honestly the last one had a airport runway that spanned the distance from Calgary to Banff
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by funkedelic2
    Secret underground mexican mountain tunnels, cmon. Just stop it.
    To be fair, this is based in reality. They just scaled it up for the movie.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast