Quantcast
Spam phone calls? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam phone calls?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default Spam phone calls?

Sorry for making so many stupid and useless threads lately, but I keep getting calls from

1-403-870-1449 (this one says I won a trip with westjet)

and

1-403-870-4715 (Mike Howard is the voice mail I get when I call back) I'm assuming its not the actual number it's calling from since it was a different voice.

Both numbers do not work when you try to call and have called me 4 times in the last 24hrs.

I finally picked up today and told the guy 2 stop calling, he said they wont stop until I buy his package, I told him 2 fuck himself and will put his number on Kijiji to get non-stop calls but the number can't be reached..

I'm sure they will call back again, suggestions on how to fuck with them or get them to stop calling next time I get a call from them?
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

If you have an Android phone you can just get an app that will block calls/texts from any phone number you want. Not sure about iOS. That way the maximum times you will ever have to deal with an annoying caller is one. Far less effort than trying to get revenge.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

iphones are even easier as it allows you from the factory to block numbers from calling/texting

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The numbers are all spoofed. Takes the first 3 digits of your number and a random 4 digit number. That's why when you call back its someone random.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by infamous
    iphones are even easier as it allows you from the factory to block numbers from calling/texting
    That's awesome, must be fairly new. I always thought you needed an app regardless.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by rage2
    The numbers are all spoofed. Takes the first 3 digits of your number and a random 4 digit number. That's why when you call back its someone random.
    Yup they do it to target company phones etc where a company buys a big block of numbers. When I see someone with my first 3 digits I answer just in case I am getting an after hours call for erp or something.

It's always the stupid westjet client people...

no incentive from anyone for the problem o be fixed.

Your cell company makes money off the
    Minutes...

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

That's awesome, must be fairly new. I always thought you needed an app regardless.

nope, even my ancient iphone4 has the capability. just click on the info button beside the number, scroll to the bottom and click "Block caller"

My Ride
    FB6

Exactly, I've had my work phone ring with actual company caller ID showing up because they luckily spoofed a real number in the company.

I tried to explain this to someone who called my daughters phone to tell her to stop calling them. They didn't get got mad then hanged up

On iphones you can also setup a do not disturb list. If they are not on the list, the call won't go through.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by infamous
    Android phones have been able to do that for a long time as well - I remember first doing that on my Galaxy S. However, the app solutions on both iPhone and Android seem to make managing the blocked numbers a bit easier.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I get these all the time as well. As well as winning cruises. They even call my work line a few times.

As Rage2 stated, if the number has the same 3 digits as your number in the front and random 4 digits at the end, its prolli a Spam call.

They even fooled me good one time when the Caller ID shows a David Xiao and me being Asian, I thought it was a legit call.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Hahaha... my ex-gf had a SpoofTel account from her time in Vancouver...

Myself and my friends had fun with it. We've since grown up.

But yeah, I always get the WestJet call.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    EG6

Tell them this is a non emergency internal police number. It works for about a month but I block them.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    Lease

I get the fake westjet calls too. I think the real westjet should take it as a PR opportunity, and actually give away free trips to those that take the time to answer.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Just got a phone call on the home line... asked if I was 30.. Next time they call going to tell them an internal police number..

Edit; They called again, I said I am the Calgary police station and he said I'm so sorry sir, have a good night and hung up...

Let's see if this works...
    Last edited by Kobe; 11-05-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    EG6

Don't specify calgary police, could be impersonating an officer. I just say police internal. It will work for about a month till they call back.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I just fuck with the callers. Throw on a fap sound video in the background and talk in a low tone. Throw in some grunts for effects.

The dudes seems to hang up faster than the chicks haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
    Don't specify calgary police, could be impersonating an officer. I just say police internal. It will work for about a month till they call back.
    And I'm going to get in trouble for this? After they have called 7 times in 24hours and annoying the fuck out of me, looked at my home phone there is 45 missed calls.

If the police want to give me crap for this they should do something about them harassing me consistently with the phone calls IMO...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 02:32 PM.

My Ride
    EG6

I used to tell them that I would use my vacation to fly to their lovely country and then find them and tare their thumbs from their hands! But you get odd looks in the white collar world.

I only say don't refer to it as calgary as there could be for some odd reason a problem, but other than that fuck with them how ever you can. It's open season year round.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast