Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1158

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so both you and Seth have a pet peeve about people wasting other's time at public service counters. Great articulation guys
    Sheesh, it's just a pet peeve, not a life changing occurrence.

    Go yell at a cloud and get it out of 'ya

  2. #202
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Back on topic... People who take light hearted threads too seriously, and turn them into frivolous arguments.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda E Toaster
    Posts
    1,836
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    To be fair, most of Beyond are 'Old Men on a Porch' that hate and talk shit about everything. This isn't the early 2000s Beyond anymore lol. EVERYONE on this forum is old.

    Another Pet Peeve:

    When I'm on lunch or in the washroom and a co-worker strikes asks me work related questions or asks me to do something work related. I'm taking a break, get out of my face.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 11-30-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

    1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current


    FALL CLEAR OUT FURNITURE SALE! **clicky**

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, because you're so important you can't wait a little bit longer. Poor you, woe is me.


    ....

    I'll add one:
    - People who complain about stupid bullshit like the 2 examples above.

    Flame suit on
    I have to agree with Seth on the seniors point. Guess who are the most impatient people at Dennyís on a Sunday morning? Yea thatís right, the seniors. After a week of wasting everyone elseís time they donít want someone ruining it by wasting theirs hahaha.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who buy lottery tickets on a Friday during rush hour when everyone is filling up gas. Fuck. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. Fuck that person.



    That's some passive aggressive shit right there, I can guarantee you precisely 100% of people pick up on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to agree with Seth on the seniors point. Guess who are the most impatient people at Dennyís on a Sunday morning? Yea thatís right, the seniors. After a week of wasting everyone elseís time they donít want someone ruining it by wasting theirs hahaha.
    HT:

    Understood.

    You just want to make a quick purchase (the whole fucking point of a convenience store), and then the person in front of you takes out that proverbial lottery ticket envelope. FaaaaK! Never mind self driving cars, we need self serving kiosks for the lottery playing people.

    Again, just politely interrupt and ask them why they don't choose 1-2-3-4-5-6 for their numbers (and yes, I've done that dozens of times lol). The only answer I have ever received, is a look of, "those numbers will never come up you idiot".

    J-hop:

    You admit to eating at Denny's? Only dirty peasants would ever eat at a Denny's and similar establishments

  6. #206
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    It's too bad gas pumps didn't have some way to pay without going inside.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    J-hop:

    You admit to eating at Denny's? Only dirty peasants would ever eat at a Denny's and similar establishments
    Embrace the dirty peasant within and all its greasy greatness

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:56 AM.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not talking about taking a little longer to count out their change lol.

    I'm talking about being in line at a bank or a store, and they seem to think that the teller wants to hear all about their grandkids and or the weather. They're somehow oblivious that other people are waiting. Heck, even when the teller is trying to get them to leave by something like, "Oh that's great, have a nice day", they still keep talking.
    Further:

    These people are lonely and require a cat or a wet cloth for some sort of emotional nourishment.

    It's called dying ffs, and in of all of the rest of life forms, the old are left to die, as sustaining them, would hurt the whole.

    But, here we are preventing the old from dying a natural death, and in the most idiotic religious extreme, they try to prevent a sentient being that chooses something over their own agony.

    The backwards irony of it all, is that religious people keep talking about the heaven upon death, but instead of killing themselves to get to that paradise, they kill others. WTF?

    So anyway Disoblige, this is how you make a light hearted discussion into something teeth nashing worthy.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 11-30-2017 at 07:31 PM.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    That's some passive aggressive shit right there, I can guarantee you precisely 100% of people pick up on that.
    I sure hope its 100%, because swank is right and the alternative no matter how you answer it nicely is they think you're an idiot. Better to get your retaliation in first and one up them with that gem of a line.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    'Berta
    My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HT:

    Understood.

    You just want to make a quick purchase (the whole fucking point of a convenience store), and then the person in front of you takes out that proverbial lottery ticket envelope. FaaaaK! Never mind self driving cars, we need self serving kiosks for the lottery playing people.

    Again, just politely interrupt and ask them why they don't choose 1-2-3-4-5-6 for their numbers (and yes, I've done that dozens of times lol). The only answer I have ever received, is a look of, "those numbers will never come up you idiot".

    J-hop:

    You admit to eating at Denny's? Only dirty peasants would ever eat at a Denny's and similar establishments
    People who play the lottery and scratch tickets in general are a pet peeve of mine. It's called the stupid tax for a reason.

    I absolutely love Mario's lottery thread, it's been going on for what? 10 years?

    YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO WIN!

    Even worse, people who complain about taxes, but buy lottery tickets.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who play the lottery and scratch tickets in general are a pet peeve of mine. It's called the stupid tax for a reason.

    I absolutely love Mario's lottery thread, it's been going on for what? 10 years?

    YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO WIN!

    Even worse, people who complain about taxes, but buy lottery tickets.
    All true, but since you love your Nissan, everything you say will be dismissed.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cruising the +15
    My Ride
    100% SAVAGE
    Posts
    6,196
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who play the lottery and scratch tickets in general are a pet peeve of mine. It's called the stupid tax for a reason.

    I absolutely love Mario's lottery thread, it's been going on for what? 10 years?

    YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO WIN!

    Even worse, people who complain about taxes, but buy lottery tickets.
    Do you look down with the same distain on people who play blackjack or other casino games?
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad this is such a safe space full of support and encouragement.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ĎBerta Special
    Posts
    4,185
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Fuck i love people who play the lottery, gamble, or buy scratch tickets. A+ human beings in my books!



    http://albertalotteryfund.ca/aboutth...emoneygoes.asp

    I encourage as many people as possible to play them!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    'Berta
    My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you look down with the same distain on people who play blackjack or other casino games?
    Lol no, at least those games have a bit of strategy and actually reasonable odds...

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    100% Bow tie
    Posts
    2,628
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, most of Beyond are 'Old Men on a Porch' that hate and talk shit about everything. This isn't the early 2000s Beyond anymore lol. EVERYONE on this forum is old.

    Another Pet Peeve:

    When I'm on lunch or in the washroom and a co-worker strikes asks me work related questions or asks me to do something work related. I'm taking a break, get out of my face.
    Not a pet peeve but something that amuses me - beyond members who are in their 30's or even 40's thinking they're old men. Shit, 80 is an easily attainable age these days. At 30 or 40 something, there's a good chance you're not even done half your life yet. Old men, pffft, my dad is old but he can be called that because he is 82. I guess it's okay though for beyond members to consider themselves old men because it's less yelling at the clouds for me then.
    Moran supreme

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    KTM
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Meh, I have no real vices/bad habits so a couple times a month I buy a lotto ticket.

    The thought of winning is fun and its cheap entertainment- this is the extent of my gambling in life so whatever. People spend money on far worse things and based on the chart above its a investment in Alberta hahaha

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    'Berta
    My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.
    Posts
    312
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a pet peeve but something that amuses me - beyond members who are in their 30's or even 40's thinking they're old men. Shit, 80 is an easily attainable age these days. At 30 or 40 something, there's a good chance you're not even done half your life yet. Old men, pffft, my dad is old but he can be called that because he is 82. I guess it's okay though for beyond members to consider themselves old men because it's less yelling at the clouds for me then.
    I dunno I've noticed more and more people dying in their 50s and 60s from various cancers...

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    100% Bow tie
    Posts
    2,628
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno I've noticed more and more people dying in their 50s and 60s from various cancers...
    Cancer isn't picky with respect to age although one's vices can probably increase the odds. Never the less, 50 or 60 something isn't old unless you let it be.
    Moran supreme

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bowtie
    Posts
    3,023
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who play the lottery and scratch tickets in general are a pet peeve of mine. It's called the stupid tax for a reason.

    I absolutely love Mario's lottery thread, it's been going on for what? 10 years?

    YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO WIN!

    Even worse, people who complain about taxes, but buy lottery tickets.
    What about those million dollar dream home charity lottery?

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves

    By baygirl in forum General
    Replies: 252
    Latest Threads: 05-11-2019, 11:17 AM
  2. Your pet peeves!

    By msommers in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
  3. Driving pet peeves

    By Wildcat in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 65
    Latest Threads: 09-02-2005, 08:53 AM
  4. pet peeves

    By 3G in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 10-31-2003, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •