Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 452 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about those million dollar dream home charity lottery?
    I consider those as donating to charities, not donating after-tax money to government coffers lol

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    I consider those as donating to charities, not donating after-tax money to government coffers lol
    There is an extremely important and fundamental difference between buying lotto tickets and paying taxes.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Drivers of Costco. You know, the ones that will sit with their turn signal on for 5 minutes watching someone load their groceries in their car, waiting to take that spot even though there's an entire empty row not 30' away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Drivers of Costco. You know, the ones that will sit with their turn signal on for 5 minutes watching someone load their groceries in their car, waiting to take that spot even though there's an entire empty row not 30' away.
    I agree with you but I also think that speaks more to the laziness and/or inconsiderate nature of the average person, and it's all too common. You can see it everywhere. People who stand on escalators in the middle, people who take the elevator up/down 1 floor and make everyone else wait, people who bring traffic to a halt to change lanes NOW because in 5km they need to exit, people who walk 4 abreast in the +15's at a pace so slow you have to concentrate not to run into them while they are oblivious to everyone else, etc. etc. Those Costco drivers would fall into the same category IMHO. I don't know if they just don't care, or if they are genuinely that oblivious to their surroundings and how it may be affecting other people. They are mostly little things, but it makes you wonder sometimes...

Similar - empty parking lot and they park beside you.

In my old beater I went to ctire once. Empty parking lot and a lady parks beside me and proceeds to accidentally slam her door against mine getting out. I didn’t really care but I still tore into her for being so stupid.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Similar - empty parking lot and they park beside you.

In my old beater I went to ctire once. Empty parking lot and a lady parks beside me and proceeds to accidentally slam her door against mine getting out. I didn’t really care but I still tore into her for being so stupid.
    This one is intriguing, I always thought it's because they are shitty parkers and can't park between the lines unless they have another vehicle beside them as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This one is intriguing, I always thought it's because they are shitty parkers and can't park between the lines unless they have another vehicle beside them as a reference.
    I think you’re right. They feel more comfortable with something other than the lines to guide them.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I think you’re right. They feel more comfortable with something other than the lines to guide them.
    I could be wrong though, I'm basing this on really only seeing women do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I agree with you but I also think that speaks more to the laziness and/or inconsiderate nature of the average person, and it's all too common. You can see it everywhere. People who stand on escalators in the middle, people who take the elevator up/down 1 floor and make everyone else wait, people who bring traffic to a halt to change lanes NOW because in 5km they need to exit, people who walk 4 abreast in the +15's at a pace so slow you have to concentrate not to run into them while they are oblivious to everyone else, etc. etc. Those Costco drivers would fall into the same category IMHO. I don't know if they just don't care, or if they are genuinely that oblivious to their surroundings and how it may be affecting other people. They are mostly little things, but it makes you wonder sometimes...
    If I don't know the building, I'm taking the elevator up/down one floor. Crossover floors are a pain.

My Ride
    NC1

lol first world problems

That's an interesting take on something I've always questioned, but I'm not sure it's right.

For example, people will park beside you even if you're parked a few empty stalls away from the crowd. So if that was the reason, why wouldn't they park beside the crowd?

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    That's an interesting take on something I've always questioned, but I'm not sure it's right.

For example, people will park beside you even if you're parked a few empty stalls away from the crowd. So if that was the reason, why wouldn't they park beside the crowd?
    Some people are just assholes. lol
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    G37X

People who put zero effort into their kijiji ads. Great photo of a rose, how about a picture of the townhouse that you have for sale?!

People who don't clean their cars prior to listing them for sale. So if you're too lazy to clean the vehicle or pay someone the $200.00 I start
    to wonder what else you've neglected.

My Ride
    LNF

people who walk 4 abreast in the +15's at a pace so slow you have to concentrate not to run into them while they are oblivious to everyone else, .
    My wife had this happen to her the other day at school. She was walking towards 4 girls wide in the hallway and they would not move other so she gave one of them the ol shoulder check..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkba15Xctis

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    My wife had this happen to her the other day at school. She was walking towards 4 girls wide in the hallway and they would not move other so she gave one of them the ol shoulder check..

Good. That's the way to handle them.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post

Happens at Costco too. Entire family shopping, 2 carts side by side in an aisle. I treat it like a hit to pass.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Just a whole list of situations where instead of saying 'excuse me' I say 'excuse YOU'

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Just a whole list of situations where instead of saying 'excuse me' I say 'excuse YOU'
    Lol, I do something similar when a bike rides by me on a path or sidewalk without using their bell. I usually yell "DING!"

My Ride
    G37X

Lol, I do something similar when a bike rides by me on a path or sidewalk without using their bell. I usually yell "DING!"
    Hahah..yep me too. People look at me like I'm nuts. Or I'll say "YOU"RE WELCOME if I hold the door open for some oblivious prick who doesn't recognize the gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Hahah..yep me too. People look at me like I'm nuts. Or I'll say "YOU"RE WELCOME if I hold the door open for some oblivious prick who doesn't recognize the gesture.
    I do this as well.

Side note to this: People who hold the door open for you when you're way too far away. That is, you have to speed walk or do a slight jog to get to the door. Of course, I still appreciate the gesture and say thanks.

Page 12 of 452 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast