Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1967

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,177
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally posted by gqmw
    I don't see anything wrong with this...lights are clear and windshield is clear...

    But different if you are on the highway and leave the chance for it to fly at a vehicle behind you.

    And on that note Gravel Trucks who don't cover their load

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    who cares? it will fly off after 30 seconds and life goes on. Lmao...it's just water...do you get mad at the sky for raining!?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,829
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by Type_S1
    who cares? it will fly off after 30 seconds and life goes on. Lmao...it's just water...do you get mad at the sky for raining!?

    I do windows, lights, mirrors and leave everything else if it's -10 or colder. Ain't nobody got time for that

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Not Calgary, but from Buffalo, NY in the past day...



    Really? So when he has to do an emergency stop or even a normal stop and all that snow goes flying forward obscuring his vision and preventing him from seeing the vehicle in front of him anymore, then what? This isn't rocket science, is it?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 11:59 AM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Unemployment Line
    My Ride
    Sierra, RDX
    Posts
    2,704
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally posted by speedog
    Not Calgary, but from Buffalo, NY in the past day...



    Really? So when he has to do an emergency stop or even a normal stop and all that snow goes flying forward obscuring his vision and preventing him from seeing the vehicle in front of him anymore, then what? This isn't rocket science, is it?
    I'd like for him have to emergency stop for a pedestrian and have that mountain go flying into the person walking across the road. Would make for classic YouTube.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by FraserB


    I'd like for him have to emergency stop for a pedestrian and have that mountain go flying into the person walking across the road. Would make for classic YouTube.
    Stop for a jaywalker, the one and only time, just for a huge mound of snow to hit them at 50 KM and knock them over.

    Gold.
    teamsnowcat.com

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,337
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Binge watching a show on Netflix, and having to ffwd through the opening credits every damn time.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Red Deer, AB
    My Ride
    Forester STI
    Posts
    422
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Binge watching a show on Netflix, and having to ffwd through the opening credits every damn time.
    The Lazymans Signature (tm)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    When people make a bet with you, and don't pay up when they lose.
    Like seriously, I don't want to remind you more than once. If you lose, pay up. Don't act like you're too busy and forgot because you're a cheapass.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '10 CTS
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally posted by Disoblige
    People who clip their nails in the office. Stop it, do it at home or something you goof.
    Holy shit yes. WTF? Why do people think this is even remotely acceptable? I used to work with a guy that did his TOENAILS, several times a week. Shudder!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    TL SHAWD,Camaro SS
    Posts
    2,920
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by gqmw
    I don't see anything wrong with this...lights are clear and windshield is clear...

    LOL..drive behind this idiot and watch your windshield get hit with a giant snowball. It will probably scare the shit out of you.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    So nice to see those great drivers out there that only clear as much snow from their vehicles as their wipers will manage.

    Better yet, the young Caucasian lad who give me the finger this morning because I waited for him at an intersection - apparently I was supposed to use either my Spidey senses or Superman xray vision to see that he had his snow covered signal light on.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    So another one today in traffic - turning left onto EB 64th Ave. NE from SB Centre St. and ended up behind a young Asian lady in an Acuta coupe of some type. Light goes green and there she remains not moving up into the intersection. Traffic clears in the NB lanes and she still sits behind the E-W crosswalk waiting for vehicles over half a block away.

    Never the less, I'm left wondering what they teach in driving schools as decades ago I was taught to pull up into the intersection when the light went green and you were turning left. Problem is I see so many drivers who sit behind the crosswalk when turning left which just messes up traffic flow IMHO - is this what is taught these days, to not pull forward into the intersection?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Stampede Central
    My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by speedog
    Asian lady story
    Well what if she gets smoked by the cars on 64th going WB sitting at the red light?!?!
    Or maybe she needs to make a 78 point turn before she can make one left

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by speedog
    So another one today in traffic - turning left onto EB 64th Ave. NE from SB Centre St. and ended up behind a young Asian lady in an Acuta coupe of some type. Light goes green and there she remains not moving up into the intersection. Traffic clears in the NB lanes and she still sits behind the E-W crosswalk waiting for vehicles over half a block away.
    Is your car not equipped with a horn? :P

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Yupp, didn't make no difference to her.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Anything related to 'the Chive' website

    I DESPISE any variation of 'keep calm, chive on'. Yes, I look at the website but the stickers/t-shirts/decals/anything product related drive me absolutely mental.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by Disoblige

    Is your car not equipped with a horn? :P
    In my experience, most Asians can't hear horns. Or see flashing highbeams.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    550i, X5
    Posts
    509
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Anything related to 'the Chive' website

    I DESPISE any variation of 'keep calm, chive on'. Yes, I look at the website but the stickers/t-shirts/decals/anything product related drive me absolutely mental.
    I agree with this one. The chive cult following is hilarious.

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves

    By baygirl in forum General
    Replies: 286
    Latest Threads: 09-10-2020, 08:47 PM
  2. Your pet peeves!

    By msommers in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
  3. Driving pet peeves

    By Wildcat in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 65
    Latest Threads: 09-02-2005, 08:53 AM
  4. pet peeves

    By 3G in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 10-31-2003, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •