Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 62 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 62 of 445 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 8888

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

When I open the "Post your latest purchase" thread to see what things other people bought, so that I can buy things I don't need...
    But then all there is is 15 posts about a green 4runner.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sounds like you need a green 4Runner
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Driving and walking should be the same pattern. Both sides are going different directions, slow walkers stay to the right.

I feel like it's a simple concept, but most people obviously dont feel that way or just simply don't understand that they're fucking idiots.
    I like how many Asian countries now paint their escalator 'stairs' with a yellow half to remind people to stay to the right. Likewise on metro platforms where they have lines to remind people to queue to the sides of the doors and let people off the train before trying to get on (another pet peeve).

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    I like how many Asian countries now paint their escalator 'stairs' with a yellow half to remind people to stay to the right. Likewise on metro platforms where they have lines to remind people to queue to the sides of the doors and let people off the train before trying to get on (another pet peeve).
    Common sense ain't so common no mo

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Paint would do nothing here. People can't pay enough attention to not be standing in the danger zone on platforms when the train comes.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Paint would do nothing here. People can't pay enough attention to not be standing in the danger zone on platforms when the train comes.
    Yea, it helps that in Asia people generally have more respect for each other and better manners than I typically see in Europe or the Americas.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yea, it helps that in Asia people generally have more respect for each other and better manners than I typically see in Europe or the Americas.
    Not in China.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Not in China.
    I said "generally" for a reason. I know mainland China, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, etc. are not always the most respectful and well-mannered, particularly in big cities, but I'd blame that on poverty and living conditions more than underlying temperament.

I haven't been to the mainland but people in Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan were very respectful. Likewise in Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Nepal, Bhutan, etc. I wish the world was filled with Buddhists.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The Hill I Will Die On: People Need To Step The Fuck Back From The Baggage Carousel

https://junkee.com/baggage-carousel-...HA9tKqvcJT5ias

The Hill I Will Die On: People Need To Step The Fuck Back From The Baggage Carousel

https://junkee.com/baggage-carousel-...HA9tKqvcJT5ias
    There's a very good probability that the people who figure that the fire lane in front of grocery stores was meant for them to park in are also baggage carousel dorks as well.

Probably the best of the me first syndrome was something I experienced at the grocery store a few months ago. I had a bit more than half of my cart unloaded on to the conveyer belt when a person came up behind me and asked if I was waiting in line and if she could go ahead of me. The cashier was already ringing my stuff through and this lady insisted several times that she should be able to go ahead of me. Now it wasn't like she only had one or two things, she had a cart full of stuff as well and when she finally figured out she wasn't going to get her way I'm pretty sure I had a a dozen icy eye daggers sticking out of my back.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

^Likely the backstory behind the invention of self-checkouts.

Queue jumpers are the worst.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    There's a very good probability that the people who figure that the fire lane in front of grocery stores was meant for them to park in are also baggage carousel dorks as well.

Probably the best of the me first syndrome was something I experienced at the grocery store a few months ago. I had a bit more than half of my cart unloaded on to the conveyer belt when a person came up behind me and asked if I was waiting in line and if she could go ahead of me. The cashier was already ringing my stuff through and this lady insisted several times that she should be able to go ahead of me. Now it wasn't like she only had one or two things, she had a cart full of stuff as well and when she finally figured out she wasn't going to get her way I'm pretty sure I had a a dozen icy eye daggers sticking out of my back.
    I was in an 8ish person checkout line once. It's my turn to put groceries onto the conveyor. Out of nowhere this lady jumps in front of me. I look down and the whole time there was a basket full of groceries sitting at the end of the conveyor. She says to me her stuff was here first therefore she is before me. I made it a scene. She backed off but the dumbass behind me let her budge anyways. What a good way to teach her that she can continue with this behaviour of not having to wait like everyone else...

My Ride
    Silverado

fucking Karen

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

When you have a customer that wants to use something you sell, but they want to use it wrong, and there's a high chance it worn't work for what they want, and if it doesn't work, you know they won't pay you, plus they'll trash-talk you afterwards. Fucking customers, I CAN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, just shut up and do it the way I'M TELLING YOU!!!!!

Really awesome where your options are to ruin your reputation for a job you own't be paid for, and the customer is mad when you don't want to sell to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    When you have a customer that wants to use something you sell, but they want to use it wrong, and there's a high chance it worn't work for what they want, and if it doesn't work, you know they won't pay you, plus they'll trash-talk you afterwards. Fucking customers, I CAN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM, just shut up and do it the way I'M TELLING YOU!!!!!

Really awesome where your options are to ruin your reputation for a job you own't be paid for, and the customer is mad when you don't want to sell to them.
    You can sell it to them if you want. Just make sure your procurement team has a detailed written up purchase agreement. But then again, not sure the potential bad publicity is worth it.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

A guy I work with said once that this job would be a lot better if it wasn't for the customers.

I recently had a guy who bitches about everything call me to bitch about the prices we charge, and he told me he's the customer and he doesn't care who the vendor is. I wanted to say buddy, I make about $400 a year off of you and I do not give one shit what you do, so don't threaten me. But I can't say that because tough economic times blah blah blah.

My one dream in this industry is to pull our product and people off a job when a shithead customer talks tough, right in the middle of it. Later guy, have a good one.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a big pet peeve for people who treat field hands poorly. I know a lot of wellsite guys are assholes, but that was always one of my criteria. If someone has to kick someone's ass, let's do that back at the office. I nearly fired one of my guys when he ran off a service hand once without talking to me first. I was fucking furious.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

My wife does not use the automatic temperature controls in the car. Instead of setting the car at a reasonable temperature and allowing the computer to manage it, just jacks the temp all the way up to "high" (thinking it will warm the car faster), and then adjusts the fan after the fact. She ignores the little "auto" button. I find it infuriating. I'm thinking of divorce.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I hate the auto, but that's mostly because I want full control on fan speed and air distribution.

My Ride
    ute

I hate the auto, but that's mostly because I want full control on fan speed and air distribution.
    When I'm a dictator, I will force car companies to not even include climate controls in cars. Shit is auto set to 19.5 from the factory and you get what you get.

Page 62 of 445 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast