Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 46 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 46 of 454 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:46 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see how, they don't even have a full crew with them

Besides, their cold items will spoil if they go off responding to calls
    In Calgary a fire engine (pumper truck) normally has four crew in it. Most fire halls have more than four crew in them, but those other guys are assigned to other vehicles, like ladder trucks, light trucks etc.

That's the normal situation anyway. Many other cities have five staff assigned to an engine and I believe they can fit six guys in a pinch.

Apparently criticism of the fire department is my pet peeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have both family and friends in the cfd. I'm not ashamed to admit I can't look at it objectively.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My Starbucks is permanently closing next week. I refuse to go to the next closest two because they're the drive-thru type. Guess I'll be drinking Tim Hortons forever.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    My Starbucks is permanently closing next week. I refuse to go to the next closest two because they're the drive-thru type. Guess I'll be drinking Tim Hortons forever.
    I decided to splurge and try a chai latte from Starbucks. Holy fuck, a small was $5.50 after tax!

People at my kids daycare parking in the handicap right infront of the doors when theres always parking available. Everyday I see a Chinese person doing it, no fucks given. I'm buying those warning you shouldn't park here stickers off amazon. HA hopefully they dont see me and run after me. Just so disrespectful... every day, you not special we all have kids.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by egmilano View Post
    People at my kids daycare parking in the handicap right infront of the doors when theres always parking available. Everyday I see a Chinese person doing it, no fucks given. I'm buying those warning you shouldn't park here stickers off amazon. HA hopefully they dont see me and run after me. Just so disrespectful... every day, you not special we all have kids.
    This is crazy true. I tried to give rep but the system isn't showing it. My daycare has this glorious "fire lane" that is just an ideal kid drop off but I've been explicitly told to never use it. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't and that's frustrating; but, I can't blame it on Asians which is kind of cool. I say "kind of cool" because it's almost nice to see other ethnic groups abusing the system so I don't get wrapped up in that "fuckin Chinese people" breaking the rules schema. In my case, it's wealthy WHITE FEMALES IN SUV's. Holy shit, WtF is up with these whores in LX570's and Yukon XL Denali vehicles with the GIANT sunglasses ignoring the rules!!!? I hate them and I'm glad that I'm able to recognize that people from my own ethnic group are some of the worst offenders.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 02-16-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Name:  should-i-be-parked-in-the-fire-lane-in-front-33833927.png
Views: 539
Size:  16.9 KB
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This is crazy true. I tried to give rep but the system isn't showing it. My daycare has this glorious "fire lane" that is just an ideal kid drop off but I've been explicitly told to never use it. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't and that's frustrating; but, I can't blame it on Asians which is kind of cool. I say "kind of cool" because it's almost nice to see other ethnic groups abusing the system so I don't get wrapped up in that "fuckin Chinese people" breaking the rules schema. In my case, it's wealthy WHITE FEMALES IN SUV's. Holy shit, WtF is up with these whores in LX570's and Yukon XL Denali vehicles with the GIANT sunglasses ignoring the rules!!!? I hate them and I'm glad that I'm able to recognize that people from my own ethnic group are some of the worst offenders.
    Okay well if 8 out of 8 are chinese and in large luxury vehicle too I'll call it what it is. I'm bi racial so no I don't think it's cool to say ohhhh fuckinnn chinese. It's just the truth. Triggered much

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by egmilano View Post
    Okay well if 8 out of 8 are chinese and in large luxury vehicle too I'll call it what it is. I'm bi racial so no I don't think it's cool to say ohhhh fuckinnn chinese. It's just the truth. Triggered much
    WtF?! I'm not triggered about anything and I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just relating my experience that as a white person it's nice to notice that some of my own ethnic group are complete cunts from time to time. If 8of8 were Chinese in my case, I'd be fucking complaining about that just like you were.
    What part made you think I was "triggered"?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Name:  should-i-be-parked-in-the-fire-lane-in-front-33833927.png
Views: 539
Size:  16.9 KB
    I think your drawing might trigger @Sugarphreak since the left side of the tree doesn't contain more criteria...

My Ride
    Silverado

to be fair, no one differentiated between parking and stopping, and you are allowed to stop in a firelane to load and unload passengers. This probably doesn't include leaving the vehicle to go inside to drop off / pick up kids.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

They are not dressed in fire gear when they go shopping...
    Of course they're not dressed in fire gear when they're in the grocery store. Why would they be?

so if there was a fire, their fire truck would indeed be in the way of the actual on duty responding fire crew.
    No they wouldn't, lol. They would be the crew responding.

Moreover... why are they using a fire engine to get groceries in the first place? In fact, they are taking a resource that is supposed to be ready to go for emergencies out of service to do this. Having that truck idling in front of Superstore for an hour as the "crew run around wagon" means that it won't be available if a real emergency, or multiple emergencies occur.
    As mentioned by ExtraSlow, these guys are on duty and they have bunker gear in the truck already. How do you know what they were doing beforehand? There could be a variety of reasons they're using the truck to stop by the grocery store instead of something else. I don't have firefighter experience in the big city, but if it's a resource issue they pretty much have to take the truck.

The guys at Westhills block an entire lane right in front of the store entrance so 2 way traffic has to alternate around them
    I mean if they are going to do that, why not just put on the lights and drive right through the front windows into the store? Why even get out of the truck?
    So in the event of a real fire, what do you want to happen? The personnel to be able to get in their truck quickly and head to the scene or delay it further by parking elsewhere even though they're allowed to park in the fire lane?
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-19-2019 at 12:09 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    to be fair, no one differentiated between parking and stopping.
    Yes, this is one of my pet peeves, when people don't understand the difference between these two things.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    As mentioned by ExtraSlow, these guys are on duty and they have bunker gear in the truck already. How do you know what they were doing beforehand? There could be a variety of reasons they're using the truck to stop by the grocery store instead of something else. I don't have firefighter experience in the big city, but if it's a resource issue they pretty much have to take the truck.
    The biggest reason they are using the fire engine is that they are returning from a call and actually need those groceries. I can't speak to every station in the city, but at most local stations there is no such thing as a "running around SUV" for the firefighters to use to go shopping. They are expected to be in that truck and rolling within (I think) 180 seconds for the entire 12 hour shift in the event of a call. If they took some other vehicle (even if one existed) then they'd need to drive back to the station, the load up the bunker gear, and then roll out. Response times would be ridiculous. There is zero issue driving the fire engine to the grocery store. None.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The biggest reason they are using the fire engine is that they are returning from a call and actually need those groceries. I can't speak to every station in the city, but at most local stations there is no such thing as a "running around SUV" for the firefighters to use to go shopping. They are expected to be in that truck and rolling within (I think) 180 seconds for the entire 12 hour shift in the event of a call. If they took some other vehicle (even if one existed) then they'd need to drive back to the station, the load up the bunker gear, and then roll out. Response times would be ridiculous. There is zero issue driving the fire engine to the grocery store. None.
    That makes sense and in line with my thoughts.

My experience is small town so I wasn't 100% sure.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Rarely am I ever at Costco and it's very busy but the odd time that I am and there is a line exiting the store to check your receipt against what you purchased. It gets to me every. single. time.

I can see the reasoning but I dislike it very much.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

I get so frustrated when coming up to a set of lights, and because of a bit of snow on the ground people stop 10 feet back from the stop line. the people beside them at the light also stop way too far back. And same with the turning lane. They don't hit the sensor and in turn you end up waiting through three or four rounds of lights. finally having to honk your horn to get the people to pull up onto the stop line so the lights go green. happened to me twice this week already.

Page 46 of 454 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast