Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 452 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by baygirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People at fast food food places and coffee shops who go up to the cashier and have no clue what they want to order.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    When people ask you why you don’t have kids and you politely say you’re not ready and they say ‘no ones ever really ready, you just do it and figure it out as you go along’. Thanks for the shitty life advice...
    Honestly one of my #1 pet peeves. People asking about marriage, kids, pregnancy, etc. When are you going to have kids? When are you going to have another kid? When is #3? etc. etc. It NEVER ends. So many people think that their own life decisions need to be projected onto others. It also creates an incredibly awkward situation when you are with your SO and forced to answer questions on those subjects on the spot.

This is *extremely* rude in my opinion, not only because it's nobody's business, but especially because the people might be trying to have kids, but can't for medical reasons or similar, and maybe it's a huge point of stress in their lives/relationship. I know people who have spent $50K on fertility treatments (unsuccessfully) trying to have kids - you can imagine how they might feel every time someone asks them about kids. Honestly one of the most rude and shortsighted things you can bring up with someone IMO, especially if you aren't a close friend, family member, etc.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Honestly one of my #1 pet peeves. People asking about marriage, kids, pregnancy, etc. When are you going to have kids? When are you going to have another kid? When is #3? etc. etc. It NEVER ends. So many people think that their own life decisions need to be projected onto others. It also creates an incredibly awkward situation when you are with your SO and forced to answer questions on those subjects on the spot.

This is *extremely* rude in my opinion, not only because it's nobody's business, but especially because the people might be trying to have kids, but can't for medical reasons or similar, and maybe it's a huge point of stress in their lives/relationship. I know people who have spent $50K on fertility treatments (unsuccessfully) trying to have kids - you can imagine how they might feel every time someone asks them about kids. Honestly one of the most rude and shortsighted things you can bring up with someone IMO, especially if you aren't a close friend, family member, etc.
    Or, some people like yourself just need to fucking chill and realize 99% of people are asking it out of good intentions, and that the world doesn't revolve around you cupcake so they may not know troubles or issues you'be been having. 50% of couples (married or unmarried) in Canada HAVE children. Married couples is even higher. It's a reasonable guesstimate to say 75% of all long term couples/marriages will have children. I know one couple who does not and never will, and that was their choice. Anyone else I have ever met is either having kids, or is planning on it. Lots of couples I know who originally said NO WAY to kids are having them. So its not some outlandish question.

I will agree that if you say you aren't interested, and they keep badgering you, thats a different story. As for the "when were ready response", anything about kids ever and anyone you ever talk to, its never easier (unless you go from broke and destitute to well off).

Pet peeve of the day: people who get upset about the dumbest shit.

My Ride
    Silverado

When my wife was pregnant people occasionally asked how long we were trying for.

My favourite answer was always, "oh usually 3 to 5 minutes, maybe longer if I was drinking"

My Ride
    06 S2000

We were back to work our first day after the honeymoon when people started asking when we're having kids.
    It's been 2 years, it hasn't stopped, still no kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Or, some people like yourself just need to fucking chill and realize 99% of people are asking it out of good intentions, and that the world doesn't revolve around you cupcake so they may not know troubles or issues you'be been having. 50% of couples (married or unmarried) in Canada HAVE children. Married couples is even higher. It's a reasonable guesstimate to say 75% of all long term couples/marriages will have children. I know one couple who does not and never will, and that was their choice. Anyone else I have ever met is either having kids, or is planning on it. Lots of couples I know who originally said NO WAY to kids are having them. So its not some outlandish question.

I will agree that if you say you aren't interested, and they keep badgering you, thats a different story. As for the "when were ready response", anything about kids ever and anyone you ever talk to, its never easier (unless you go from broke and destitute to well off).

Using that logic, everything in this entire thread should bother you on the grounds that none of it is a big deal if people would just "chill". Nothing in this thread is THAT big of a deal at the end of the day, hence why it is simply a pet peeve and not a major issue. Also, if you actually read my post, you would see it was the constant badgering I was referring to - not a one-time question. I think most people couldn't care less if someone's grandma they see once a year comes up to and makes a joke about a grandchild.

Do you ask people how much they weigh and how hold they are? Do you ask larger women if they are pregnant?

Based on the aggressiveness of your reply, your pet peeve of the day seems a little hypocritical...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.

While in utopian theory what you’re saying is fine. But in reality I’ve never met someone that asked that question that stopped after I said “I don’t want kids” or “I’m not ready”.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Based on the aggressiveness of your reply, your pet peeve of the day seems a little hypocritical...
    That's the point.

Fuck it can be difficult to have fun on this forum sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    While in utopian theory what you’re saying is fine. But in reality I’ve never met someone that asked that question that stopped after I said “I don’t want kids” or “I’m not ready”.
    Annnnnnd I specifically accounted for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Cars that restart or refresh the order of all your songs in shuffle mode every fucking time the ignition turns on.

Why!!!!

I have 500+ songs, and sure as shit in every car I've ever owned I seem to hear the same dozen everytime I stop/start.
    Spotify plays songs from the newest song added to your library. Their random generator sucks. So I seem to end up listening to songs I've recently added. The struggle is real.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 07-30-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    We were back to work our first day after the honeymoon when people started asking when we're having kids.
    It's been 2 years, it hasn't stopped, still no kids.
    My (now) wife and I were just engaged and we already had people asking when kids were coming. This is almost three years ago, still no kids.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I usually turn the question around on people to make them feel like POS’s and tell them we can’t have kids.

Shuts people up real fast. And they never mention children again.

I have a buddy who is in a similar situation to me and we were walking around the UofC campus a couple weeks ago chatting about our indifference/negativity to having kids and some bleeding heart who was eavesdropping on our conversation got triggered and lost it on us for being horrible people. As if her opinion matters to us at all we just laughed at her.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Annnnnnd I specifically accounted for that.
    Yea and what I’m saying is in the history of that question being asked there has never been a person (in my experience) that stopped at good intentions and didn’t push past.

Your theory has absolutely no meaning in the real world haha. People aren’t able to comprehend others live outside the box they’ve drawn for themselves

I don’t want kids, I think they’re a horrible idea (for me) but I get why some people want them. That is essentially never a sentiment shared by the other side

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fuck it can be difficult to have fun on this forum sometimes.
    I don't know how you have fun, but we'd all take your posts in a more lighthearted manner and have more fun with them if you mixed up the aggressiveness with 50% of anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Online discussion pet peeves:

When people say "you do realize that..." Well no, obviously I don't fucking realize that, or else I wouldn't have said what I said.

When people start off with "ummm..." That's a crutch in spoken conversation to buy time for your brain to catch up to itself. In written conversation you have time to gather your thoughts. You don't need to say ummmm.

When people say "wait... what?" This is dumb when it's spoken, but at least it makes some kind of sense. Like "ummmm" above, you have all the time you need. "What" is fine, "wait" is unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, paper towel or toilet paper that doesn't tear along the perforations like it's supposed to.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

My most recent pet peeve is people on the highway who travel at 5 below the limit on a 2 lane highway, then when there's a passing lane, speed up to 120km/h so no one can pass!!!!

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

When people vote in a forum poll and then make a post saying what their vote was. Sofa king redundant

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    Also, paper towel or toilet paper that doesn't tear along the perforations like it's supposed to.
    How about multi ply that separates between layers and you’re never quite certain if you’ve got the right plys together until it’s too late

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People who get a traffic ticket and immediately start an investigation into the legality of it, why the law is written as it is, why they are being "targeted", how others have fought those tickets etc.

FFS, your human rights aren't being infringed, you aren't exposing a fundamental injustice, there's no conspiracy, just pay the ticket.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    People who get a traffic ticket and immediately start an investigation into the legality of it, why the law is written as it is, why they are being "targeted", how others have fought those tickets etc.

FFS, your human rights aren't being infringed, you aren't exposing a fundamental injustice, there's no conspiracy, just pay the ticket.
    Beyond would cease to exist other then for Tesla quarrels.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Possibly true. And I'd miss it.

Page 27 of 452 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast