Quantcast
Pet peeves that should be pet peeves - Page 145 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 145 of 158 FirstFirst ... 135 144 145 146 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3160

Thread: Pet peeves that should be pet peeves

  1. #2881
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Axis powers
    Posts
    2,481
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    When you have a no soliciting sign next to your doorbell camera and people with those portable debit machines still ring your doorbell.. yea no thanks I can see you go away
    Sig nuked by mod.

  2. #2882
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Door dash is trash
    Obviously I paraphrased above for brevity, but he was fucking rude the whole time and I basically had to sit on the phone and direct him to my house like a cab driver the whole time.

    I only ordered food because Iím busy with work asshat.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  3. #2883
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waking up to a 25 point credit score drop because god forbid I used 31% of my available credit last month on my credit card.
    This is the real pet peeves thread right?

  4. #2884
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    779
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously I paraphrased above for brevity, but he was fucking rude the whole time and I basically had to sit on the phone and direct him to my house like a cab driver the whole time.

    I only ordered food because Iím busy with work asshat.
    Same sort of thing happened to me as well with DoorDash. Driver couldn't figure out where I lived despite having my address and Google Maps. Useless dipshit.

  5. #2885
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same sort of thing happened to me as well with DoorDash. Driver couldn't figure out where I lived despite having my address and Google Maps. Useless dipshit.
    I loved how his opening line was basically thinly veiled cheesed off about not getting paid enough for the delivery lol

    Still. Wow. I live on the corner of 2 numbered streets. This is NOT complicated shit.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  6. #2886
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    I think the doorsash/UE/skip drivers are running two apps/two phones and they are doubling up orders when they can. My drivers have sometimes made very suspicious detours.

  7. #2887
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    I order DoorDash a fair bit. Google has never had an issue finding my house before lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  8. #2888
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,903
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Doordash has "lost" multiple orders for me. Skip has been better, Uber eats has typically been the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  9. #2889
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,440
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    I used to use skip, got on the dash pass thing last fall to save delivery fees. Had some people indicate they were more fair to restaurants than skip as well. Not sure if that’s true though.

    9 times out of 10 door dash does exactly what I expect of it. Easy billing, ordering, from an app, and food shows up at my door when they said it will. No Ragrets.

    Where things go off the rails imo is when I have to intervene in the process in any way.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  10. #2890
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,903
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    That's why I use uber eats, for the uber pass. I've already saved more than I pay/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  11. #2891
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    779
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to use skip, got on the dash pass thing last fall to save delivery fees. Had some people indicate they were more fair to restaurants than skip as well. Not sure if that’s true though.

    9 times out of 10 door dash does exactly what I expect of it. Easy billing, ordering, from an app, and food shows up at my door when they said it will. No Ragrets.

    Where things go off the rails imo is when I have to intervene in the process in any way.
    Ask a restaurant, they'll tell you what the take is. Last time I asked STD took 25%.

  12. #2892
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,067
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    If it's a local family owned place I want to support. I pick it up myself. There's one local Viet place I pick up from specifically because he admits he's nearly going out of business.

  13. #2893
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,067
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Peeve of the day is having someone else setting up video meetings with prospective customers in exotic time zones and then not telling us what the goals and expectations are for said meetings so we either have the meeting and look stupid or the meeting is cancelled only hours before, which is always overnight Calgary time.

    Fuckin hell I'm grumpy today.

  14. #2894
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    When you say/type/think about a specific word way too much in a short period of time and after a while it doesn’t sound like a real word any more. Fucking cheddar.

  15. #2895
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,067
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    agree.
    giphy (1).gif

  16. #2896
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,748
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    The funniest show on tv getting cancelled because it was about cops.

  17. #2897
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    779
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's a local family owned place I want to support. I pick it up myself. There's one local Viet place I pick up from specifically because he admits he's nearly going out of business.
    I don't know a single restaurant that's even close to last March levels. Best I've seen is 25%.

    I don't know how any of these owners are even feeding themselves.

  18. #2898
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    979
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I posted a while back that you haven't been able to get cans of Fresca in about a year, and now you can't get bottles of it either. Apparently the Coke union is on strike or something. I don't know what they're striking about. Tough conditions down in the Coca Cola mines, I guess.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  19. #2899
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,067
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Fresca is the best diet grapefruit soda I know. Sad face.gif

  20. #2900
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    979
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Co-op has their own brand, citrus wave or something like that. It was close enough to the real thing and significantly cheaper. I don't know if they quit making it, or if my store just quit ordering it.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 145 of 158 FirstFirst ... 135 144 145 146 155 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pet Peeves That Shouldn't Be Pet Peeves

    By baygirl in forum General
    Replies: 460
    Latest Threads: 05-09-2021, 10:39 PM
  2. Your pet peeves!

    By msommers in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 11-09-2006, 08:47 PM
  3. Driving pet peeves

    By Wildcat in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 65
    Latest Threads: 09-02-2005, 08:53 AM
  4. pet peeves

    By 3G in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 10-31-2003, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •