Quantcast
Enmax EasyMax - Fixed Vs. Variable - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Enmax EasyMax - Fixed Vs. Variable

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

I should have posted in the over pay for shit flex thread

75% are fees. Beauty.

Wooden electricity poles are expensive. Its not like they grow on trees.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride

Have been battling with the electric company all day yesterday.

So basically what they did was moved from being a residential customer to being a farm customer and given the additional farm metrics which include peak demand metering, aka there's a formula used for farms and businesses that takes the latest monthly rate, times that by the highest peak demand kVa metered for that month and times that by the amount of days in the month.

Thus my fees are fucking insane.

This is a 2 person household, just my wife and I, on a 2 acre parcel with no farm or farm animals whatsoever.

Our KWH for the month was just over 1000 and we've been around that for months, which is inline with a normal household.

They are outlining that customers have to be below 10 kVa AND use less than 8000 KWH a YEAR to be considered a residential customer. That equates to using ~666 KWH a month LOL

The contract I signed with them is for residential service and also states we are not a farm yet they moved me to farm status.

So far they're telling me too bad, so sad and get fucked. I've contacted UCA but since my electric provider is a cooperative they can't help, being a co-op lets them do whatever the fuck they want and gov has no impact.

My property is zoned as agriculture but we are taxed as residential by the county, I've sent the electric company a copy of my notice assessment that outlines we are residential but I'm awaiting them to reply with we don't care.

I contacted Fortis to see if they will come out and install a meter so I can get off the cooperative as the co-op is the literal only option where I live, really hoping Fortis can come through and it won't cost an arm and a leg, should find out later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have been battling with the electric company all day yesterday.

So basically what they did was moved from being a residential customer to being a farm customer and given the additional farm metrics which include peak demand metering, aka there's a formula used for farms and businesses that takes the latest monthly rate, times that by the highest peak demand kVa metered for that month and times that by the amount of days in the month.

Thus my fees are fucking insane.

This is a 2 person household, just my wife and I, on a 2 acre parcel with no farm or farm animals whatsoever.

Our KWH for the month was just over 1000 and we've been around that for months, which is inline with a normal household.

They are outlining that customers have to be below 10 kVa AND use less than 8000 KWH a YEAR to be considered a residential customer. That equates to using ~666 KWH a month LOL

The contract I signed with them is for residential service and also states we are not a farm yet they moved me to farm status.

So far they're telling me too bad, so sad and get fucked. I've contacted UCA but since my electric provider is a cooperative they can't help, being a co-op lets them do whatever the fuck they want and gov has no impact.

My property is zoned as agriculture but we are taxed as residential by the county, I've sent the electric company a copy of my notice assessment that outlines we are residential but I'm awaiting them to reply with we don't care.

I contacted Fortis to see if they will come out and install a meter so I can get off the cooperative as the co-op is the literal only option where I live, really hoping Fortis can come through and it won't cost an arm and a leg, should find out later this week.
    I know this all too well.

Our small Yoga studio is on the main floor of a residential building. As such distribution is already in place to the building.
    However because we are a business our distribution fees are charged as such... Last month's bill we paid $737.81 in distribution fees.

Such a scam.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I know this all too well.

Our small Yoga studio is on the main floor of a residential building. As such distribution is already in place to the building.
    However because we are a business our distribution fees are charged as such... Last month's bill we paid $737.81 in distribution fees.

Such a scam.
    Yeah exactly, it's insane. But more so I don't have the ability to write anything off or get any rebates as if I were a farm or business.....because I'm not a farm or business.

It's 100% a scam.

If I can't get anywhere with either the co-op or Fortis then I'm going to have to go to the media and my MLA to see if anything can be done.

My Ride

Update to my situation

Fortis got back to me yesterday saying that they can install a meter and will cover the cost of whatever is needed to buy out my setup from the Co-op REA, thank fucking god.

Fellow I am dealing with from Fortis confirmed we shouldn't be getting farm status (no surprise) and that peak demand metering is only for farms or businesses, you have to actually be a farm, grow and produce revenue from whatever agricultural area you're into...which obviously doesn't matter as we're not a fucking a farm and signed a contract stating we weren't.

I signed the docs for Fortis to initiate the buyout from the REA and am just going to wait for confirmation we're good to go before I let my neighbors know they have the option to get away from the REA if they want or are getting screwed like we have been, I reached out to them earlier this week and they've been under the thought the only option is the cooperative.

Glad it worked out, pretty wild story.

Having ran a business on an acreage with a commercial property designation, I know all too well about commercial electricity rates. Fortis also told me (even as a business), there would be no problem switching to a residential power service if I wanted to bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride

Has been a new and un-needed experience to me as far as dealing with farm/business electricity fees.

Once everything is wrapped up I might toss my story out to any news sources for some kind of consumer affairs bit and see if anyone is interested in sharing the story. I have no doubt there's other customers like me getting fucked by the REA and think there's no other option.

Along with the REA is more or less running a scam and also going back on contracts, lots of shit that isn't right with the situation overall.

But I won't go down that road until I'm free and clear in case the REA tries to fuck with me for any bad exposure on their part.

My Ride
    a tank

I was on variable pretty much all my life until last year I think fixed electric at 6.89 and gas 4.09, did this as soon as I saw a technical breakout over 4 dollar on the natgas price. Sadly I wasnt this smart with my variable rate mortgage when it was at 1.99%. I would have rather screw up my enmax rates and locked up my mortgage instead.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

22.133 cents

Damn son, do they think money flows like some invisible energy or something?
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’m glad we had new windows installed on our house ASAP after buying it, my enmax bills since have been around 30% less.

Heat is cheap right now though.
    Electricity isn't.
    How many people regret not getting a gas dryer?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Just throw the clothes in the bbq for a few min. EZ.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Heat is cheap right now though.
    Electricity isn't.
    My AC still uses electricity in the summer.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

we need to invent gas AC!

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I’m glad we had new windows installed on our house ASAP after buying it, my enmax bills since have been around 30% less.
    How many windows and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    How many windows and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?
    10 windows was around $13900 through Green Fox. Ordered October 2021.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Sounds like you small towners really need to do this NRcan greener home grant!

$14k / $50 savings max per month = Payout longer than you're owning.

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast