Quantcast
Enmax EasyMax - Fixed Vs. Variable - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Enmax EasyMax - Fixed Vs. Variable

My Ride
    Grimace

Double checked mine and was 5.49 fixed 3 yr elec until 06/2021 and floating gas.

Thinking of switching back to Enmax. Just got my utilities bill from ATCO. The Wholesale Variable Plan electricity rate was $0.199703/KWH between Jan 27 and Feb 23. Needless to say I am not at all happy that my electricity charge alone was over $250. Natural gas wasn't too bad... part of the month was $3.54/GJ and another was $5.11/GJ.

For those on variable rate with Enmax, what was the $/KWH between the same time period? ATCO's excuse for the high electricity rate is that it was what Enmax charged them.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thinking of switching back to Enmax. Just got my utilities bill from ATCO. The Wholesale Variable Plan electricity rate was $0.199703/KWH between Jan 27 and Feb 23. Needless to say I am not at all happy that my electricity charge alone was over $250. Natural gas wasn't too bad... part of the month was $3.54/GJ and another was $5.11/GJ.

For those on variable rate with Enmax, what was the $/KWH between the same time period? ATCO's excuse for the high electricity rate is that it was what Enmax charged them.
    $0.19 for electricity?!?!? does that include the distribution costs too? that's nuts either way.

I'm going to be really sad when my 3 for all deal with Atco expires this December...probably need to start thinking about what i'm going to do once fall hits. Crossing fingers that there are some good promos around then. Maybe enmax will do a similar deal to try to steal all the Atco customers back

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    $0.19 for electricity?!?!? does that include the distribution costs too? that's nuts either way.

I'm going to be really sad when my 3 for all deal with Atco expires this December...probably need to start thinking about what i'm going to do once fall hits. Crossing fingers that there are some good promos around then. Maybe enmax will do a similar deal to try to steal all the Atco customers back
    Yes, almost $0.20/kWh for just electricity not including any additional delivery charges. I thought it was a mistake as I have never seen it close to that high ever with ATCO. I think the most I've seen with them was $0.15 before on a really cold month (Jan 2020?). I don't mind variable rates if the fluctuations aren't crazy.

Can someone on Enmax confirm that the variable rate was around $0.08/kWh for around the same time period (Jan 27 to Feb 23)?

My Ride
    Silverado

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Size:  21.0 KB
    Thanks dirtsniffer. That was what I thought... I could have saved close to $100 with Enmax.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What are the current promotions for fixed rate electricity? I can't see it getting cheaper over time. I don't think 3 cents will ever come back either. I see easymax fixed rate is 6.29 for one year, 6.39 for three years right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Whats up with the floating gas rate lately? My bill was $100 higher last month. Thought gas was cheap!

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Whats up with the floating gas rate lately? My bill was $100 higher last month. Thought gas was cheap!
    Umm supply/demand? It was cold as fuck for that month.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cold across North America. Significant demand increases everywhere the natural gas pipes reach. Price goes up.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Yes, almost $0.20/kWh for just electricity not including any additional delivery charges. I thought it was a mistake as I have never seen it close to that high ever with ATCO. I think the most I've seen with them was $0.15 before on a really cold month (Jan 2020?). I don't mind variable rates if the fluctuations aren't crazy.

Can someone on Enmax confirm that the variable rate was around $0.08/kWh for around the same time period (Jan 27 to Feb 23)?

I even got an email warning from Enmax stating this months bill was higher than usual due to the cold.

Heres mine with EasyMax

Name:  electricity.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  30.4 KB
    Last edited by dj_rice; 03-15-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Thanks dirtsniffer. That was what I thought... I could have saved close to $100 with Enmax.
    Rates are regulated, pretty sure you'd pay the same per kwh either way

My Ride
    WK2

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I even got an email warning from Enmax stating this months bill was higher than usual due to the cold.

Heres mine with EasyMax

Name:  electricity.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  30.4 KB
    Pretty much an identical bill here. Still with EasyMax. During cold or warm spells, when I know rates are spiking, I wonder about locking in at a rate. I've tracked my bills the last few years, and unless the delivery, transaction, or other admin charges differ,.I'd be paying more monthly (on average) by switching to a locked-in rate of 0.0599/kWh. With the yearly EasyMax rewards, I'll stick with variable.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.06.54 PM.jpg
Size:  96.1 KB

My Ride
    Cayman

Electric Energy Charges - ENMAX Energy Corporation (EasyMax Fixed 3 Years)
    Energy Charge ...................................1,159.740 kWh @ $ 0.057900 / kWh .............$ 67.15 *

Working from home as increased my electricity usage from 540kWh in 2019 and 580kWh in 2020. Good thing I save time and gas money by not commuting

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What are the current promotions for fixed rate electricity? I can't see it getting cheaper over time. I don't think 3 cents will ever come back either. I see easymax fixed rate is 6.29 for one year, 6.39 for three years right now.
    I just came up for renewal. Rates are low 6 cent rate per kwh for fixed contracts depending on the length of term.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Just renewed last month with Enmax, got 5.99c/kwh for 3 years on a "loyalty" deal.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

6 cents is probably fine. Floating rate is also probably fine.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Somewhat related question, since alot of alberta's energy players are getting into building more cogen plants to contribute to the grid, this should push the price per kwh down?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No. Price is not going down. Solar and wind and batteries will in aggregate make our electricity very expensive over time. Cogen is a drop in the bucket.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Somewhat related question, since alot of alberta's energy players are getting into building more cogen plants to contribute to the grid, this should push the price per kwh down?
    Hmm, I just pulled a report from last year from Hydro Quebec

https://www.hydroquebec.com/data/doc...ity-prices.pdf

It seems our rates are higher than most in Alberta, there must be combining of the kwh cost with the distribution cost. Of course rates are low in Manitoba and Quebec with all that sweet hydro power.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast