Quantcast
Ford discounts - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford discounts

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Lol. OP asks for prices of a Fiesta, gets a e-penis competition of who got the best truck deal .
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Lol. OP asks for prices of a Fiesta, gets a e-penis competition of who got the best truck deal .
    LOL, but in all fairness the thread title is "Ford Discounts" not "Fiesta Discounts", and didn't look in the sub forum category before replying.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Isn't anyone else even a bit annoyed about where Ford sets their price points if you can have a truck discounted by almost 20 grand brand new? Seems ridiculous to have to play that game with your dealer just to get your value out of a vehicle...

Or is it just because the new aluminum bodies are coming out next year?

Its funny when people go to other dealers ( Japanese, euros) who are used to domestic pricing requesting 10k+ off a car and get shown the door
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by killramos
    Isn't anyone else even a bit annoyed about where Ford sets their price points if you can have a truck discounted by almost 20 grand brand new? Seems ridiculous to have to play that game with your dealer just to get your value out of a vehicle...

Its funny when people go to other dealers ( Japanese, euros) who are used to domestic pricing requesting 10k+ off a car and get shown the door
    Has nothing to do with the aluminum bodies, this game has been going on for many years with all of the Big three truck companies.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

im just happy to see i still got a killer deal going with a year old truck

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Has nothing to do with the aluminum bodies, this game has been going on for many years with all of the Big three truck companies.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to just market the trucks at their reasonable selling price? Or do they just hope some people are stupid enough to pay sticker.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just market the trucks at their reasonable selling price? Or do they just hope some people are stupid enough to pay sticker.
    I don't know what "makes the most sense" for them, but between them, they do sell a lot of trucks, so clearly it's not hurting sales.

I don't know what "makes the most sense" for them, but between them, they do sell a lot of trucks, so clearly it's not hurting sales.
    I don't think its just the F150's that have the insane MSRP, and then "discount" that seem to miraculaiously reduce the price by a 1/4...

I remember looking at Ford Edge and Exploder, and I think their MSRP all inprice was close to 65k for a limtied... "BUT" the price was could be very negotiated and wait for a month for incentives.

I bought an XLT XTR ecoscrew for 34300+ tax... but I did take their lease option cause the rate was .49% @ 2 year/20k which is an even better incentive than the sale price.

(i.e. I have friends who own the same truck w/ simular spec XTRs who bought a MY2013 and MY210 for only a grand or two more)
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 11-14-2014 at 06:30 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I guess, again to me I would have liked to walk into a dealer, have the car priced accordingly to what they think it should sell for ( a few % wiggle room tops). And not have to go all NE and barter . Cheapens the experience.

Also when you do end up buying the car it doesn't leave you wondering whether or not you got hosed because you were aggressive enough.

My Ride

Also when you do end up buying the car it doesn't leave you wondering whether or not you got hosed because you were aggressive enough.
    I don't think it's possible to leave ANY dealership without that feeling... and if you did, you probably got hosed bigger than you can imagine.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I don't think it's possible to leave ANY dealership without that feeling... and if you did, you probably got hosed bigger than you can imagine.
    True but i think there is comfort in knowing that the price collars differ by 2-3k rather than 20k.

Anyone have any Ford salesmen that could help me out with a FiST? Would buying one before Christmas be worth it or should I wait?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 11:51 AM.

It's not because of the 2015s. I bought a loaded FX4 in 2010 and they sold it to me for 42k. I told the salesman I had no interest in a Ford and was just browsing after I saw the MRSP. He said don't worry about it that we can ddiscount it quite a bit. He ducked me in good on that truck.

InRich the price you are getting is decent. It's no better then what everyone else has been getting on the same truck the past few years though.

Originally posted by roopi

It's not because of the 2015s. I bought a loaded FX4 in 2010 and they sold it to me for 42k. I told the salesman I had no interest in a Ford and was just browsing after I saw the MRSP. He said don't worry about it that we can ddiscount it quite a bit. He ducked me in good on that truck.

InRich the price you are getting is decent. It's no better then what everyone else has been getting on the same truck the past few years though.
    I think the prices are "slightly" more agressive in my14 being that they are no longer building to spec and are trying to offload inventory...

better financing incentives could go a long way... i.e. 84 months @ 0%

Originally posted by r3ccOs

I think the prices are "slightly" more agressive in my14 being that they are no longer building to spec and are trying to offload inventory...

better financing incentives could go a long way... i.e. 84 months @ 0%
    Sure financing rates are definately better but as for actually sale prices they are no different in my opinion. I've had friends buying the same truck in 2012 and 2013 and they were paying very similar prices. After seeing what InRich posted for his deal its no better.

My Ride
    VAG

Thanks for the advice boys. Since I'm looking to purchase in cash I found a dealership in Vancouver that's willing to discount roughly 3400 out the door off MRSP. Is it possible to get back HST from the government since it's getting shipped here ?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

To get around PST/HST, I think the rule is it has to be shipped here to be exempt

That said, I am sure the dealership could setup the paper work to show that
    Nope, just having valid AB drivers license will get you around that. We traded in my Audi last year in Nanaimo with no problems, didn't need to pay the HST.

Edit: If the dealership is telling you that you need to pay it, and get it refunded, run, because they're lying to you. You don't need to pay it, and if you do, there's no way to get it back from the government.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast