Quantcast
Cheapskate Confessional - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheapskate Confessional

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Default Cheapskate Confessional

Along the lines of the pet peeves threads here is a place to confess your cheapskate sins-skinflint things you do that are too embarrasing to admit that you do.
    For example, when making pasta I add a splash of water to the empty sauce jar and swirl it around to get every last drop of sauce out.
    I also re-use those plastic flossers until the floss breaks even if it lasts a week.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Cheapest toilet paper I can find no matter the quality.
    Only drink free coffee and water when I am not at home.
    Keep the heat turned way down in my house.
    Never idle my car except for a couple minutes in extreme cold.
    Coupons everywhere for grocerys.
    $12 Walmart blankets for extra bedding/quilts.

steal poppy donation jars...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I will buy marked down foods that are close to expiry date, and either eat it for dinner/lunch or freeze it for later.

buy in bulk and then portion it out into meal sizes to eat later.

Pick up pizza instead of delivering it and saving the delivery fees and tips.

I break down computers and keep cables, I will break down old furniture to keep the bolts and screws that kept them together, I will pocket springs from pick'n'pull off throttle bodies and carbs.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Usually scavenge every nut and bolt I can off of anything that's going to be scrapped. Saved me out of countless pinches later on and I barely ever have to buy nuts and bolts. I also take all the spares from work, now I have probably 300 hydraulic pumps and loads of expensive bearings I have absolutely no use for lol. I should put that shit on ebay though.

Same thing with electronics, I always grab cables and wiring I may use later. It's helped tons when doing electrical on the farm or on cars.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

I used coupons to buy tooth paste for $0.67 and deodorant for $0.40 I now have a two year supply of both

My Ride
    an econo box

When you can't squeeze anymore toothpaste out of the tube no matter how hard you try, do not be troubled! Cut the tube in half with scissors and you'll have almost a weeks worth of toothpaste you can scoop out of there.

The rest of my cheapness I'm not really embarrassed about lol. Seriously people treat money like it's going to rot these days.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

When i gas up, i make sure to tilt and jiggle the hose once im done pumping to make sure i get every last drop. Jeep owners can sympathize with this.

My "daily wear" contacts get 2 day shifts. Put them in solution over night and good as new the next.

I keep all fast food condiments including napkins. I have a glove box full of McDonalds Kleene...er, i mean napkins.

My oil change intervals for my offroad jeeps depend solely on when Canadian Tire has an oil sale.

Temp in my house never goes past 18 no matter how cold it gets. Thermal hoodies all the way.

Most of my "dirty" clothes (no food or dirt) get 5 mins with a gain dryer sheet to make them fresh as a daisy.

Any old clothes immediately become shop/wax rags.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    an econo box

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I always save up for a new car, then spend a full year narrowing down exactly what car I am going to get... and then just as I am ready to buy something, I second guess how much I am spending and end up getting something else for 1/3 of the price
    That was me until recently, only it was my fear of a monthly car payment that usually meant I'd just end up giving up the idea and kept driving my old beater.

Seeing as this is a car forum this will tickle some cheapskates here:

My old car that I just replaced was a 1998 Dodge Neon that I paid $1000 for 8 years ago. It only had 108,000km on it when I bought. It was my daily driver from the SW to the Airport for 8 years and the only non-scheduled maintenance was it needed a new starter. Cost me $40 to fill from empty at today's prices and I'd get at least 500-550km on a tank and insurance was barely over $50/month. Heat, A/C and everything still worked.

I guess you could say I had the opposite experience with a Neon than most haha.
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 11-12-2014 at 09:58 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I avoid the costs of divorce by just sleeping with other people's wives instead of getting one of my own.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-07-2019 at 02:59 PM.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

[list=1][*]The temperature of my house is around the 18 degree mark, whether its Winter or not. [*]I wash and re-use sandwich/Ziploc bags.[*]I save napkins from fastfood/coffee establishments.[*]I never leave lights on unless I am in that area of the house at that moment.[*]I rarely wash my jeans. If they aren't physically dirty, I stick them in the freezer and then iron them.[*]I try to use the dishwasher only once a week to wash a weeks worth of dishes.[*]Brush my teeth in the shower to save water and time. [*]I wear my monthly contacts way past the one month mark.[*]I haven't bought new underwear or regular tube socks in years.[/list=1]
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Kind of an oxymoron but I have executive membership at Talisman which gives me towel service but I'm too cheap to buy towels to dry my car. I've probably taken 200 towels in the last 3 years.

Once in a while on my jobs they have camps so when they do I'll stock up on condiments, toilet paper, towels, bedding, soap, etc. to last me the next 6 months of non camp jobs. If they have Gatorade g2 you better believe I'm leaving location with 5 or 6 flats.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by ddduke
    Kind of an oxymoron but I have executive membership at Talisman which gives me towel service but I'm too cheap to buy towels to dry my car. I've probably taken 200 towels in the last 3 years.

Once in a while on my jobs they have camps so when they do I'll stock up on condiments, toilet paper, towels, bedding, soap, etc. to last me the next 6 months of non camp jobs. If they have Gatorade g2 you better believe I'm leaving location with 5 or 6 flats.
    You're that guy! I used to wonder when I got my Royal camp invoice and it had extra charges for "unusual amounts of Gatorade"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-02-2020 at 11:16 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by ddduke

I have about 20 sets of utensils in my office drawer from the kitchen. A flat's worth of juice boxes. Boxes upon boxes of Mr.Noodles.

I never use any of it since I grab lunch in the mornings anyways.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    [list=1]
    [*]I rarely wash my jeans. If they aren't physically dirty, I stick them in the freezer and then iron them.[/list=1]

fast food coupons for me. I buy those entertainment/sutp books. They pretty much pay for themselves after using 5 coupons. Mmm 2 for 1 mozza burgers

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast