Quantcast
Poor drivers? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poor drivers?

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    I find traffic moves a lot faster in Vancouver Richmond area.
    Are you on crack? Vancouver rush hour traffic is re-fucking-diculous! Even off-peak times it can be pretty brutal.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I'll just add here because I don't want to start a new thread.

Was driving downtown during morning rush hour and at a green light but the traffic was stopped in front of the intersection so I stopped before entering the intersection. Guy behind me honked and gave me two middle fingers. WTF.

My Ride
    NC1

Because yyc. Also speedog you lived here too long. The City has gone to shits. lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by supe
    I'll just add here because I don't want to start a new thread.

Was driving downtown during morning rush hour and at a green light but the traffic was stopped in front of the intersection so I stopped before entering the intersection. Guy behind me honked and gave me two middle fingers. WTF.
    A Calgary city BUS did that to me a few weeks ago. honked and honked and there was nowhere for me to go. I'm not going to block the intersection OR the cross walks. People here are also TERRIBLE for stopping behind/at stop lines. i constantly see cars pull up and just park in a cross walk. grrrrr

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I find traffic moves a lot faster in Vancouver Richmond area.
    Never been here, have you?

Vancouver area was just rated as the longest driving times due to traffic in ALL of north america, by tomtom, and onstar. But when there is no traffic then sure, traffic moves faster, because 50kph really means 150kph. What traffic laws? yeah, none here.

Yes, worse than the epic traffic jams in LA and new york.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by DeeK

Never been here, have you?

Vancouver area was just rated as the longest driving times due to traffic in ALL of north america, by tomtom, and onstar. But when there is no traffic then sure, traffic moves faster, because 50kph really means 150kph. What traffic laws? yeah, none here.

Yes, worse than the epic traffic jams in LA and new york.
    haha, many people did 90-100kph on Granville/Oak during off peak times. (60 zone)

It was insane as there were often vehicles parked on the street in the evening and people would go to pass at highway speeds and just plow into a parked vehicle.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Dumbass17

People here are also TERRIBLE for stopping behind/at stop lines. i constantly see cars pull up and just park in a cross walk. grrrrr
    It's the opposite IMO. Cars park a half or full car length behind the stop line.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by never
    Are you on crack? Vancouver rush hour traffic is re-fucking-diculous! Even off-peak times it can be pretty brutal.
    I never lived in Vancouver (Vancouver Island) but I find whenever I go to visit family around Richmond/Steveston traffic isn't nearly as bad. It's heavy, but people seem to have adapted. Downtown Vancouver I'm sure is mental. But I still find that you rarely completely "stop" like how I do everyday on Glenmore. Or the odd time I end up on Derpfoot.

Originally posted by Disoblige

It's the opposite IMO. Cars park a half or full car length behind the stop line.
    Weird. I never see that haha.

God, I almost had a tantrum this am on the drive to work. Following some car at like 7:15 on Deerfoot so its dark as hell. I must've highbeam flashed her 300times in the matter of 5 minutes. Even when traffic stopped and my lights were in here rear view mirror, I highbeam flashed the hell out of her. She didn't even acknowledge or seem to know that i was signalling to her to TURN HER DAMN LIGHTS ON!!!!

Grrrrrr

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

I highbeam flashed the hell out of her. She didn't even acknowledge or seem to know that i was signalling to her to TURN HER DAMN LIGHTS ON!!!!

Grrrrrr
    Prob had no clue as to what that means anyway, same idea as before too, others driving with their hi beams on, and you flash them, and again they have no clue. As long as their dash cluster is lit up and bright!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Yesterday, I saw a young chinese lady, in a Ferrari F430, drive down a major highway here, stop in the middle of the highway, in the middle lane, let her passenger out to run across the highway to the bus stop on the other side of the 6 lanes. Then she pulled a u-turn and went against oncoming traffic so she could go back to the previous exit.

This is acceptable (and common) practice here because rules and laws are mere suggestions.
    Originally posted by revelations
    ^ yea it was comical - and sad at the same time.

Watched a Silver Mercedes do a u turn in the middle on #3 and Westminster Hwy (Calgary equivalent, Macleod and Southland) , which took about 3 minutes. Traffic was backed up yet no one honked, because everyone thought it was normal
    Can I hit those people and have insurance vere on my side? Not that they really care because those FOB's have all the money in the world so

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

God, I almost had a tantrum this am on the drive to work. Following some car at like 7:15 on Deerfoot so its dark as hell. I must've highbeam flashed her 300times in the matter of 5 minutes. Even when traffic stopped and my lights were in here rear view mirror, I highbeam flashed the hell out of her. She didn't even acknowledge or seem to know that i was signalling to her to TURN HER DAMN LIGHTS ON!!!!

Grrrrrr
    I find that is an issue with those damn illuminated instrument clusters. I mean, it really wasn't an issue years ago when YOU HAD TO TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS TO SEE YOUR SPEEDO. So glad my car has an auto funtion, otherwise I'd be the guy getting highbeamed at.

Oh and then you have those people who think one click is headlights and two clicks is "high beams".

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by jwslam

Can I hit those people and have insurance vere on my side? Not that they really care because those FOB's have all the money in the world so
    If they are already in the middle of the road already then its like hitting a parked car as far as insurance.

If they SUDDENLY turn in front of you, then its not your fault.

I find that is an issue with those damn illuminated instrument clusters. I mean, it really wasn't an issue years ago when YOU HAD TO TURN ON YOUR HEADLIGHTS TO SEE YOUR SPEEDO. So glad my car has an auto funtion, otherwise I'd be the guy getting highbeamed at.

Oh and then you have those people who think one click is headlights and two clicks is "high beams".
    Yeah man.
    I have Auto and I leave it at that, BUT I checked and my Auto is full headlights AND tailights. Not those stupid tiny orange amber lights in the front like a lot of older vehicles. I also switch to full lights when it's raining or snowing. I just wish others would do the same.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

You better have 15 cameras in your car and a witness list a mile long. The Girlfriend was stopped at a red light early in the morning, nobody around. Got smoked by some chinese lady flying over the curb out of nowhere, there was nobody in the ladies car other than her. ICBC blamed my girlfriend because the other party had 30 "witnesses" call in after the claim file was started. Even if they didn't it would have been considered a 50-50 fault because of a lack of proof. This happens ALL the time here.
    Last edited by DeeK; 11-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.

^^^^^ wow
    That's absurd

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Disoblige

I see this so often.

Then I'll come up to the crosswalk and stop on the line and people are walking OUTSIDE the crosswalk and then give me dirty looks because THEY almost get hit.

Get the fuck in the crosswalk if you value your life.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I never lived in Vancouver (Vancouver Island) but I find whenever I go to visit family around Richmond/Steveston traffic isn't nearly as bad. It's heavy, but people seem to have adapted. Downtown Vancouver I'm sure is mental. But I still find that you rarely completely "stop" like how I do everyday on Glenmore. Or the odd time I end up on Derpfoot.
    It's actually quite the opposite, downtown Vancouver is pretty good with the exception of the Lion's Gate bridge. Pick any other road in the vancouver greater area and you'll be stopped at some point due to too much traffic, and not because of a red light.

Now those same roads at rush hour out here. You get stuck for hours, with no way to turn off. I sat in traffic for nearly four hours and moved maybe a kilometer on knight street.

Steveston is hit or miss, sometimes its completely dead, and sometimes it's like going to chinook center (prior to the parking lot upgrades) the week before christmas.

My Ride
    1290SDR, 701SM

Originally posted by firebane
    Then I'll come up to the crosswalk and stop on the line and people are walking OUTSIDE the crosswalk and then give me dirty looks because THEY almost get hit.

Get the fuck in the crosswalk if you value your life.

100% agree. I don't drive on the sidewalk, get the fuck off the road/in the cross walk.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

It's actually quite the opposite, downtown Vancouver is pretty good with the exception of the Lion's Gate bridge. Pick any other road in the vancouver greater area and you'll be stopped at some point due to too much traffic, and not because of a red light.

Now those same roads at rush hour out here. You get stuck for hours, with no way to turn off. I sat in traffic for nearly four hours and moved maybe a kilometer on knight street.

Steveston is hit or miss, sometimes its completely dead, and sometimes it's like going to chinook center (prior to the parking lot upgrades) the week before christmas.
    LOL Steveston. No 1 road becomes a shit show down there during the days when its nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast