Quantcast
Jurassic World! - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Jurassic World!

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    Not as scary or ground breaking but super exciting. Very good for a summer block buster.
    Just seen it yesterday for real and totally agree with this.

On a side note, anyone notice how small the large drinks are now? Pretty sure they got rid of the large and are using the medium cups as the large now.

How to embed?
    Last edited by tomt64; 06-29-2015 at 01:13 PM.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I saw it last week, really enjoyed it!
    Thought it was a little gory for a "kids" movie.

Only part I didn't like was the idiot behind me that kicked me the entire movie. Almost got up and made a scene, glad I didn't since the young teen probably shouldn't have heard the profanity I would have said. Was going to tell the parents off, but the girlfriend was with me and she really enjoyed it, so I didn't want to wreck the night. But damn some people have no respect in movie theatres.

On a side note, am I the only one that strongly dislikes 3d movies?

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    This and that.

^Could you not have politely asked them to be careful and not kick the chair?

This is one of my biggest peeves. Once or twice I am okay with as it could be an accident but any more than that I turn around and give a look and that's usually enough to make it stop.

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

No, politeness is not an option. Especially since they constantly kicker my arm between the seat. They for sure had to be aware they were doing it.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I don't like 3d movies but I like pre-assigned seating. I always sit at the back so I can recline without my chair being kicked.

I won't go to a busy movie unless I have preassigned rear seating. Life's too short to be mad an entire movie lol.

I'm the dick who throws skittles at people who check their phone constantly.

Originally posted by NoPulp
    No, politeness is not an option. Especially since they constantly kicker my arm between the seat. They for sure had to be aware they were doing it.
    try being polite and you get a snicker and it likely continues to happen. If you're an asshole right away I find it stops things pretty quick. But you're right, at what point/cost do you risk ruining your evening out with the gf/wife because you act like an asshole ?

Had 2 teenagers behind me during captain america 2, they spoke non-stop throughout the trailers... sure, fine. Non-stop throughout credits... started pissing me off. About 5 minutes into the movie I turned around and said "We all paid money to be here, so maybe you can resume your fucking conversation after the movie..." heard after turning back around "WOW...." then they stopped. Guy sitting across the aisle (since I was in the date seats with the wife) looked over at me and gave a thumbs up and smile lol

Seriously, people are just assholes - had a shithead reading and texting almost the entire time watching jurassic park - if his screen was at minimal brightness with a black background... fine... i guess... but nope, white background at max brightness.

I don't like 3d movies but I like pre-assigned seating. I always sit at the back so I can recline without my chair being kicked.

I won't go to a busy movie unless I have preassigned rear seating. Life's too short to be mad an entire movie lol.

lol you're just like me - HATE 3d, love the pre-assigned seating too (i usually sit at the back)

Hate running out of skittles/M&M's when somebody starts checking their phone though lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Saw it on the weekend, it was totally everything I expected from a JP movie - big dino fights, people getting eaten, kinda campy, and overall a whole lot of fun.

My Ride
    G37X

You're not a dick, that's awesome. I always think about it and then wonder if anyone really does it. Can't stand tommy texters. Get off tinder you 40 year old creep.

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by NoPulp
    I saw it last week, really enjoyed it!
    Thought it was a little gory for a "kids" movie.

Only part I didn't like was the idiot behind me that kicked me the entire movie. Almost got up and made a scene, glad I didn't since the young teen probably shouldn't have heard the profanity I would have said. Was going to tell the parents off, but the girlfriend was with me and she really enjoyed it, so I didn't want to wreck the night. But damn some people have no respect in movie theatres.

On a side note, am I the only one that strongly dislikes 3d movies?
    since they are still being rude and disrespectful, I would have still told them to stop, only way they will know it's wrong.
    im passive-aggressive, wife is the one that gets angry more quickly but when needed i'll stand my ground.

regarding the movie, Jurassic Park is still one of my favourite movie of all time, VHS copy was my only Christmas/Bday present when I was 10 but I watched it every other weekend for the next 6 months.
    Jurassic World was just ok, the story and characters are not as compelling, very predictable and although BDH wasn't bad looking once she changed into 'adventurer mode', outrunning a T-Rex in high heels? they barely escaped the T-Rex on a jeep on the first one

My Ride
    changes every year

I'm a shut the fuck up kinda guy, no niceness over here when it comes to talking through the movie. I'll let it slide a few mjnutes, that's it.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Who's excited for Fallen Kingdom??? Releases June 22. I'm also really excited for JW Evolution (Video game) that releases June 12.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 01:08 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Saw JW:FK tonight in AVX. I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5. It had some damn good moments. Darker and more scary than the others - felt more monster movie than animal. Made people jump. Lots and lots of dino's shown. There is a very brief after credits scene but I don't really think it's worth sticking around for - it's just a tiny taste of whats to come in the sequel in 2021.

Spoiler:
    I liked how Blue was using the flipped over Ford Explorer from the original as her home. Truly sad watching the Brachio die on the pier as the ship sailed away. Movie has it all, death, destruction, explosions, even murder! Use of lighting was pretty good, scary shadows and what not. I think the underwater scene in the gyrosphere was a continuous shot which was pretty well done. Indoraptor was total monster. Even creepy to look at. Idiot mercenary climbs into cage with it and proceeds to get torn apart.... plus the massacre in the elevator shortly after with the business people. Damn. I think the T-Rex had an ok amount of screen time but I expected more Mosasaurus! I was kind of bummed about that.

Kind of funny how the Indo was chasing people around in a mansion, that place was comically massive. I still didn't expect the dinosaurs to be released into the general ecosystem at the end. Kid pressed the button because she was a genetic experiment? You just screwed the world kid. We went from a raptor running around an island to a raptor running around suburbia and a T-Rex getting pissed at a lion lol. The writers are really pushing for weaponized dinosaurs, I'm not a huge fan of that. Characters just ran around everywhere throughout the movie - kind of 'meh'.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6