Quantcast
Cop Shoots 12 yr Old in Cleveland - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop Shoots 12 yr Old in Cleveland

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Default Cop Shoots 12 yr Old in Cleveland

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...shot/19438005/

Cleveland police released Saturday's 911 call from a man who said he was across the street from the park.

"There is a guy with a pistol, it's probably fake, but he's pointing it at everyone," the caller says. The caller later repeats that the gun is probably fake, and adds that "he's probably a juvenile."

The gun was found to be an "airsoft"-type replica gun, a BB-gun type gun that resembled a semi-automatic pistol.

The boy, identified by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office as Tamir Rice, was shot in the torso in the playground area of a recreation center Saturday afternoon.

Deputy Chief Ed Tomba said one officer fired twice after the boy pulled the fake weapon -- which didn't have the orange safety indicator usually found on the muzzle -- from his waistband but had not pointed it at police. The boy did not make verbal threats, Tomba said, but grabbed the replica handgun after being told to raise his hands. He died Sunday at MetroHealth Medical Center.

Any guesses on the race of the victim?
    Last edited by broken_legs; 11-23-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Originally posted by rx7boi
    Wow talk about disrespectful, ignorant and racist. I can guarantee you are the type to post that because you can hide behind your keyboard you internet gangster.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Justifiable shoot. Race isn't even a factor.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to pull a gun (fake or not) on cops responding to what they think could be an active shooter.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by FraserB
    Justifiable shoot. Race isn't even a factor.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to pull a gun (fake or not) on cops responding to what they think could be an active shooter.
    Or your a 12 yr old kid.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Default Re: Cop Shoots 12 yr Old in Cleveland

At the high probability of talking out of my ass, I call a bit of parental failure here.

Kids should not be playing with guns.

My kids were gun-safe pretty well as soon as they could read. They know to leave guns alone if they see them, and they know the risks of toting toy guns.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by VWEvo
    Wow talk about disrespectful, ignorant and racist. I can guarantee you are the type to post that because you can hide behind your keyboard you internet gangster.
    How is any of that true? rx7boi is posting a pic about robin trying to stir the pot? WTF are you talking about?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

^ Haha, thanks codetrap.

Some people are oblivious

I wish I knew what HE was thinking.
    Last edited by rx7boi; 11-23-2014 at 09:34 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by broken_legs

Or your a 12 yr old kid.
    What 12 year old kid is dumb enough to PULL AN IMITATION GUN OUT AT COPS WHEN THEY TELL SAID KID TO PUT HIS HANDS IN THE AIR??

One that is probably going to get weeded out of the gene pool (wah wah wah).

Lol, fair enough, clearly I jumped to the wrong conclusion. [Walks away feeling like an idiot]
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-12-2019 at 12:05 PM.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by VWEvo
    Lol, fair enough, clearly I jumped to the wrong conclusion. [Walks away feeling like an idiot]
    It's all good man lol.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Its odd to me that adults(?) are criticizing the critical thinking if a now dead 12 yr old who was playing in a playground.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah he was sniped from afar by police while playing tag on the monkey bars.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by broken_legs
    Its odd to me that adults(?) are criticizing the critical thinking if a now dead 12 yr old who was playing in a playground.
    ... Who pulled a device resembling a gun at a cop.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by flipstah

... Who pulled a device resembling a gun at a cop.
    Where did you read that? It specifically said the gun was never pointed at the police.

And he was at the park with his family.

Ill be the first to say it, RIP kid, condolences to the family who must be going through hell right now.

Shitty situation for the cop too. Im sure he didnt mean to do this. I think the problem is training. Its too heavily weighted on shooting first, evaluating threats later. Using the "what if" argument is a never ending slippery slope of justification.

The familys lawyer says it pretty well below:

Kucharski declined to speculate on what transpired underneath the gazebo, where the boy went to play with his sister and a friend. He said the family will decide whether to file a civil lawsuit against the Cleveland police department after his investigation is completed.

"Tragedies happen when you rush ahead of the facts," Kucharski said.

Kucharski pointed out that police said the boy never actually pointed the gun at the officers. Deputy Chief Edward Tomba said in a Saturday night press conference the boy reached into his waistband and pulled the gun out before the officer opened fire.

"You have to look at this in the context that this is a 12-year-old boy, not a 35-year-old man with a criminal history," Kucharski said. "You can't expect adult reactions out of children."
    Last edited by broken_legs; 11-24-2014 at 12:49 AM.

With police brutality against blacks being what it is in the US id say it should be the parents responsibility to teach their kids how to act around the police. This isnt the 80's when you could innocently play guns out front of your house. There have been many incidents like this so extra precaution should be used by parents.

Also funny how racist this board can be at times. Any posts about blacks or natives brings out so many racist remarks, should be immediate ban imo...

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

What's with all the cop hating for justified shootings? A fake gun that looks like a real gun is a fucking gun, a 12 year old with a gun is a person with a gun, pull a gun on a cop and get shot, pull a gun on any person in the states and get shot. Cop probably is hurting for making that call, but it is the right one. Move on to the next thread

My Ride
    You Crazy

Boy, this forum is just full of fucking retards....

Justified shooting eh???

Jesus Christ, you people make me sick.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Toma, when I gun is pulled what would you like police to do? Explain in great detail what should happen when a gun is pulled in a public place with other children around, in the United states. I am curious as to what YOU would do if someone pulled a gun on you if you were a cop, put your hands up and talk him down maybe spread your arms and give him a bigger target? Pleas for your life? You've never been in any situation like that and you should have no comments if you have never had the chance for your life to end, you make decisions based on your own safety and others around you, not a potential fake gun.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast